Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which one should I get first?
Aug 22, 2007 7:41 AM

Nov 2006
Well I don't really want to bother much anyone or anything, but I've been crossing my mind about what to get by the end of this month for the next. Yes, I am a PlayStation Fan, but that doesn't mean I can't share any love for the Wii or 360 now does it now. Reason I'm asking which I should go for first is well, everyone has their own bills to pay and I have a few spared saved to actually buy either one for now - I'll buy the other(which I won't buy first) sometime in October(money of the yearz!!111<3 along with November/December). Why the Xbox 360 Elite over the Premium? It's black, sexy with HDMI plus it's fat!(120GB HDD). The PS3 60GB's are still around at the moment, 80GB's isn't worth it.

- Choosing PlayStation 3 60GB
The Good:
~ Pre-ordered Minna no Golf 5(JP), Megazone 23: Aoi Garland LIMITED EDITION(JP), Heavenly Sword(US) for September 14th shipment arrival to my house from Play-Asia.
~ Access PlayStation Network, finally get my PSN Handle, download demos, videos, etc.
~ Upscaled PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 games, going to continue Xenosaga Episode III if so.
~ 5 free Blu-Ray Films of my choice(Get them by mail, not during purchase.... 300 is a must for me....)

The Bad:
~ No Halo 3 Party, Bioshock & Blue Dragon for me until sometime in October.
~ No PlayStation 3 games until September 14th with the upcoming games I've been looking forward to lately.

- Choosing Xbox 360 Elite
The Good:
~ Already own Gears of Wars Collectors Edition(don't ask how or why).
~ Halo 3 midnight launch in BestBuy near me with a few friends.
~ Bioshock & Blue Dragon ownedz yay!?

The Bad:
~ No Megazone 23, Minna no Golf 5 & Heavenly Sword gaming for me until getting a PlayStation 3.
~ No Games(excluding gears of war) during purchase after one or two weeks for Blue Dragon, Bioshock & Halo 3(probably Lost Planet and some others).
~ No Wifi means no LIVE(+$150 cash for online gameplay and Wireless Network Adapter - 1 month free gold live is ok but still.....) for me for one or two weeks after my purchase of the 360 Elite.

PS: Sorry, no Wii for me until Brawl sees daylight - never been interested in most of Nintendo IP's either.

Help pl0x...
Aug 22, 2007 8:17 AM

Oct 2006
I say PS3, but mainly because you mentioned Xenosaga III. As it stands now though, I'd say the 360 is doing better on games and its interface and such. I like my PS3, but it's not seeing a whole lot of use yet. And on top of that, most of what it gets used for is to play PS2 games.
Aug 22, 2007 8:59 AM

Jul 2007
NietonoNoShana said:
~ 5 free Blu-Ray Films of my choice(Get them by mail, not during purchase.... 300 is a must for me....)

Actually, unless it's a different offer than the one that's been around for a while, 300 is not one of the choices.

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/SonyStyleStorefrontAssetStore/pdf/bd-offer.pdf
This is the offer i saw, and the choices are mostly crap.

Anyways, since you're planning on getting both soon enough, i'd say go for the 360 first since you'll be getting more games to play sooner. Just hope your 360 won't get the Red Ring of Death.
Aug 22, 2007 9:37 AM

May 2005
Go for the 360, more games to play and you can get online to play with other gamers.
Aug 22, 2007 9:50 AM

Jul 2007
sorairo said:
and you can get online to play with other gamers.

You can play online with the PS3 as well, and it's free.
Aug 22, 2007 10:09 AM
Jun 2006
if you buy now, xbox360 and ps3 in october for sure

nothing good cept heavenly sword for ps3 until like november

bioshock and blue dragon in less then 2 days for 360 at least ^^ and you dont need wifi adapter to play, just put in a cable :)

since you are getting both I would take it in this order :)
Aug 22, 2007 10:12 AM

Jan 2007
i say flip a coin since you are getting both anyways. or just pick based on what you want to play now since you'll be playing all soon enough
Aug 23, 2007 5:52 AM
Apr 2007
i would say get the ps3...there are a lot of reasons why too...considering you don't own an xbox 360, there are plenty of games to keep you busy with the ps3...motorstorm, the darkness, resistance fall of man, ninja gaiden sigma, elder scrolls 4 oblivion, and the entire playstation and playstation 2 library to keep you entertained until you get an xbox 360...not only that, you have a ton of games to look forward to as well including lair, heavenly sword, white knight story, mgs4, final fantasy 13, and a bunch of other big name titles (some of which are on xbox 360 as well)...you might as well buy the ps3 now, hope that no one took your psn handle already, play blu rays when not playing games, and get online for free and enjoy...you can also sell off your ps2 to help purchase your ps3 since you won't be needing it after you get the ps3 anyways...

also, if you're really into computers, you can pretty much install linux onto your ps3 for limitless potential...it's also easy to swap out the ps3 harddrive for a bigger one if you run out of space downloading demos or inputting music...

either way, i don't think you can go wrong with which system you buy first...they both should keep you busy until you buy the other one...
Aug 23, 2007 5:58 AM

Aug 2007
Get a 360. Lost Odyssey would be a main reason, along with blue dragon, fable 2, jade empire 2 and bioshock. They don't seem to be abandoning their RPG's this time round.

Along with Rockstar presents table tennis, their Xbox live arcade which seems to be brilliant so far (geometry wars ftw) the other big hits like Halo.

Aug 23, 2007 10:23 AM

May 2005
^Yes, I love Xbox 360 Live Arcade. And I love playing Uno online w/ other people!
Aug 23, 2007 11:17 AM

Feb 2007
I said Xbox 360 just because the PS3 doesn't have that many games out right now.. and.. if you are getting the other system anyways..

but you seem to have a lot of PS3 games, so maybe you SHOULD get it first >_>

I think you should get a Wii though =P
Aug 23, 2007 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
Xbox 360 because the online and the games are better.
Aug 23, 2007 4:04 PM

Jan 2007
I'd say get the 360. No reason, I just like it more. xD
Hope you don't get the Red Ring of Death though. D: *shivers*

Aug 23, 2007 6:49 PM

Jun 2007
spartan112g said:

PS3 has online, and it's FREE!

but the games aren't qutie out yet.
Aug 24, 2007 4:26 PM

Nov 2006
spartan112g said:
Well I did say no Network Adapter(Yes, no ethernet for me especially putting the X360/PS3 on my bedroom, second floor while the router is in the first floor in he back of the house), I don't know about the games there only a few I would like to try out.

FateSyka said:
I'd say get the 360. No reason, I just like it more. xD
Hope you don't get the Red Ring of Death though. D: *shivers*
Well I hope that, atleast I'll get free warranty if I get the RROD, so I don't think I'll bother paying for a warranty at all now.

OmegaJudgement said:
Get a 360. Lost Odyssey would be a main reason, along with blue dragon, fable 2, jade empire 2 and bioshock. They don't seem to be abandoning their RPG's this time round.

Along with Rockstar presents table tennis, their Xbox live arcade which seems to be brilliant so far (geometry wars ftw) the other big hits like Halo.
Lost Odyssey comes out sometime in October - or so it says, wouldn't surprise if there was a delay. I don't really have much interest in XBLA or Tennis games, I tried Geometry Wars in GameStop - it was fun, but not as addictive as flOw imo.

the_pillows said:
i would say get the ps3...there are a lot of reasons why too...considering you don't own an xbox 360, there are plenty of games to keep you busy with the ps3...motorstorm, the darkness, resistance fall of man, ninja gaiden sigma, elder scrolls 4 oblivion, and the entire playstation and playstation 2 library to keep you entertained until you get an xbox 360...not only that, you have a ton of games to look forward to as well including lair, heavenly sword, white knight story, mgs4, final fantasy 13, and a bunch of other big name titles (some of which are on xbox 360 as well)...you might as well buy the ps3 now, hope that no one took your psn handle already, play blu rays when not playing games, and get online for free and enjoy...you can also sell off your ps2 to help purchase your ps3 since you won't be needing it after you get the ps3 anyways...

also, if you're really into computers, you can pretty much install linux onto your ps3 for limitless potential...it's also easy to swap out the ps3 harddrive for a bigger one if you run out of space downloading demos or inputting music...

either way, i don't think you can go wrong with which system you buy first...they both should keep you busy until you buy the other one...
Good reasons there and I really really want to start Hot Shot Golf 5 soon along with Megazone 23 mostly next month more than Halo 3 but still Halo is the #1 party game(Multi) I've experienced in gaming that is, aside from MMORPG's that is - I still have yet to play many great games on PS2 that I have missed. I'm hoping to get a PlayStation 3 sometime next week, the only problem I have is really deciding which one to for first. I wouldn't be surprised if I just walk out tomorrow from a retailer holding an XBox 360 Elite in my hands telling myself "What the **** did I just do..... sigh". A friend of mines has been tempting me to get the 360 thanks to Eternal Sonata Demo which i really liked(not the dub), Halo 3 hype along with his Hail Bioshock.
Aug 25, 2007 12:59 AM

Aug 2007
Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind and this poll was useless since you've chosen PS3 :P.

Well as someone mentioned before flip a coin. Easy.

Aug 25, 2007 1:58 AM

Nov 2006
OmegaJudgement said:
Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind and this poll was useless since you've chosen PS3 :P.

Well as someone mentioned before flip a coin. Easy.
Not sure if I'm decided there, I don't think people decide what I should get either. I just added there for... well what some people in here think? >: ..... i sux i noe D=

Well for the Xbox 360 games released by next month - I want to try:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Blue Dragon
Burnout Revenge
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Earth Defense Force 2017
Kameo: Elements of Power
KOF: Maximum Impact 2
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Ninety-Nine Nights
Overlord
Project Sylpheed
WarTech: Senko No Ronde
Bioshock
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3

For PS3 thats out by next month:(I like the PS Controller more)
Armored Core 4
Genji: Days of the Blade
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
MotorStorm
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Resistance: Fall of Man
Sonic the Hedgehog
The Darkness
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Agarest Senki
Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Folksoul
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf 5
Lair
Megazone 23
Tears of Tiara
Warhawk

Edit: Well I just flipped a coin for heads PS3 - Tails X360 and I got heads... I'm still unsure though, I might just wait until the end of the month and just flip again & just go with it.
Aug 25, 2007 2:12 AM
Jun 2006
most of the ps3 games youve listed are available on xbox360 also

but anyways since getting both it doesnt really matter, although id still go for 360now and ps3 in oct ^^

Aug 26, 2007 2:09 PM

Jan 2007
I have both, and I definitely say you should go with a ps3.
It saved my life when my computer was down for about 6 months there.
It was my only sources for anime from the web.

Plus Resistance: Fall of Man is sooo much more fun that GOW plus you don't get called a "insert name of present equipped gun"-noob every kill you get..... But it doesn't matter if you just turn off your headset or put the player on ignore.

Oh and yea don't get the 80gb, you can just upgrade the hdd youself later (even the sony manual has instructions for it)
Aug 26, 2007 2:47 PM
Sep 2006
I definitely say PS3 as well. I'm probably a bit more biased seeing as I've been a Sony Fangirl for so long, and look at Xbox as a macho-man console (even though I played Halo, Halo 2, original Xbox, etc). While the PS3 doesn't have a lot of good games out yet, it still has a select few that look absolutely gorgeous. I've definitely been losing life playing The Darkness a few times over simply to watch lighting effects. Also, access to the internet is grand, I honestly don't know Xbox's Online service with the 360 besides the fact you have to shell out half a life to use it every year. So, a free service like PS3 is great.
Aug 26, 2007 6:58 PM

May 2007
I suggest ps3, bt its an personal matter.

but i must say, xbox360 is a 3 on 1, you can cook anything, or even use as heater.
lol
(srry 360 guys, i had to say at least 1 time. But its not like your sistem is bad, its very good ^^ i must admit it)

just one more thing, don't let others choose for you. you have your own opinion.

Btw:
Gundam Musou (Dynasty Warriors:GUNDAM): is really very good, every time you play you unlock something xD
Armored Core 4: Is very nice, but if you want to complete the game completely, you will need some luck. (There still some damn missions that i can't get "S")
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire: Well, if it is the same as "Gundam: Target in Sight (J)" then you shouldn't buy it. Its hopeless. Awful game....
Aug 26, 2007 11:10 PM

Jul 2007
Get a 360 right now, and this is why. The 360 has more games out at the moment to hold you over until October which is when the PS3 games actually gain some quality. Get a 360 and some games like Blue Dragon, Bioshock, and Gears of War which you already have for whatever odd reason. Also, 360 owns all.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

62 by BitChilly »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - Yesterday

8 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

28 by MalchikRepaid »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

289 by SolidPayne »»
4 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3537 by BookBirdie »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.