Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2007 2:11 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm...This episode certainly proved to be completely different than how I thought it would be, though I dont like how Kotonoha is giving herself up so easily for Makoto though...Also it leaves you to wonder whats going to happen in the next episode...What do you guys think about the episode?
PhroshAug 22, 2007 2:14 AM
Aug 22, 2007 4:06 AM
Jul 2007
quite complicated situation... will see what happen next.
Aug 22, 2007 5:31 AM

Jun 2007
finally Setsuna you get yours girl
well it is to be expected that Kotonoha would throw herself at idiot since if she doesnt idiot will just get it from Sekai
now then i wonder what Kotonoha is gonna do to Setsuna and if Sekai finds out that Setsuna also likes idiot and that she is leaving for France
snap Kotonoha snap
Aug 22, 2007 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
Ew @ comic relief O.o
Nice to see a little sympathy towards makoto though (from the script, I mean). I just wish someone smart would fix them. Setsuna is being too docile with her attempts D:
Aug 22, 2007 10:10 AM

Jun 2007
Setsuna too now!? This guy must have the Axe effect!

Aug 22, 2007 10:55 AM

Jun 2007
Wow,looks like kotonoha has another rival besides sekai,plus it makes me pissed off(the part makoto n kotonoha on the train,when kotonoha say she will let him touch her 'down',looks like he got excited n also keep on staring her breast).My opinion is makoto will like whichever girls can give him to fondle their breast and give him sex.....
Aug 22, 2007 6:24 PM

May 2007
Setsuna is win.
Aug 22, 2007 6:33 PM

Nov 2006
great yet another girl that is after makoto. setsuna is awesome though

Aug 22, 2007 9:28 PM

Jun 2007
Makoto is stuck between choosing a girl that's easy for him to screw and trying to make everyone not feel depressed. Every time he sees or finds out one of the girls is depressed he show's sympathy towards them and this episode is a perfect example of that. The kids confused and doesn't know what to do thats why he jumps from girl to girl so much.
DeathfireDAug 25, 2007 7:42 PM
Aug 22, 2007 10:23 PM

Jul 2007
oh dear god, not setsuna
Aug 23, 2007 9:37 AM

Aug 2007
I thought Setsuna only kissed him because she wanted to make some memories before she goes to France. I'm guessing the next episode is the bon fire stuff T_T I hope Kotohana doesn't get .............
Aug 23, 2007 4:33 PM
Jul 2007
Squee said:
I thought Setsuna only kissed him because she wanted to make some memories before she goes to France. I'm guessing the next episode is the bon fire stuff T_T I hope Kotohana doesn't get .............

I hope Kotonoha does "get .........."; it'll set us up for a wonderfully dramatic ending! =D

Legion17 said:

That made me laugh! xD
Aug 23, 2007 4:46 PM

Feb 2007
Twiffle said:
Legion17 said:

That made me laugh! xD

Just slap Makoto's face on a can of Axe and sell it in Japan. Just make sure to include the label, "Does not make you as stupid as Makoto." Heh...
Aug 25, 2007 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
Wow poor Makoto I feel so sorry for him. Let's face it he's a teenage boy. If you where a teenage boy and two (maybe four...) girls where throwing themselves at you would you refuse? No of course not! I think he just doesn't want to hurt anyone.

I think it is Sekai is the one he likes and evil Kotohana Just can't accept the fact that shes lost because shes a total whimmy loser.

I vote to burn everyone! All trying to seduce poor young Makoto. I do believe it was a bit cruel to ignore Kotohana... but seriously take a hint o.O; I really hate Kotohana...
Aug 26, 2007 11:27 PM
Dec 2006
I hate makoto what the hell is wrong with him, he only likes kotonoha for her attributes and sekai onluy because she gives it to him

Aug 27, 2007 10:02 PM

May 2007
A friend of mine warned me about this series but noooo... I just had to check it out for myself. I thought Suzuka was bad, this thing clobbers that title for most irritating male lead ever. I don't think I'll be satisfied with any ending of this series that doesn't involve Makoto taking sewing needles to the groin from every girl in the entire school. He's just plain unsympathetic. They try to paint him as generally a nice guy until his little head starts doing the thinking for him and I don't buy it. Since the beginning he's constantly taking the easiest way out of any situation and is seriously lacking in honesty and integrity. Just because he's a horny teenage boy? Puhhleease. If anyone in rl actually did what he's done to female friends of mine and used that excuse, I'd rip him a new one.
Oct 26, 2007 6:52 PM

Jun 2007
Kiku-ame said:
Wow poor Makoto I feel so sorry for him. Let's face it he's a teenage boy. If you where a teenage boy and two (maybe four...) girls where throwing themselves at you would you refuse? No of course not! I think he just doesn't want to hurt anyone.

Actually, I would refuse, but then again, I respect women and have a little something called "self-restraint". Mind you, at least Makoto is starting to see that he's a fool...I believe he called himself terrible. Still won't stop him though, will it?

By the by, ronin, your last sentence there, same for me. In fact, I doubt any excuse would work to be honest. If a guy behaved like that to any of my female friends...well, let's just say that he better have a good pair of running shoes...
OranSolusOct 26, 2007 7:29 PM
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 7, 2007 11:50 AM

Oct 2007
"ore te saite"
YEAH YOU ARE. betch.

i feel like nothing happened this episode because of all the school festival nonsense.

katsura needs to snap.. this show needs some bloodddd and death. maybe that would make things better? x_X

ugh i somewhat liked setsuna. she was the only one who had abrain in the whole goddamn show and they make her like the douchebag too?!!! geh,. unbelievable
Feb 18, 2008 11:21 AM

Oct 2007
The best parts were
3:35 - 4:46 is POWERFUL, WIN, 5 STARS, 10/10, AMAZING
,and when Makoto said "I'm the worst"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2008 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
Twiffle said:
Squee said:

I hope Kotonoha does "get .........."; it'll set us up for a wonderfully dramatic ending! =D

Legion17 said:

That made me laugh! xD

REALLY AN AXE EFFECT! Now, I'm going to tell my friends that if they want to see how AXE works, watch School Days. LOL!
Jun 2, 2008 1:20 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, another girl that fell for Makoto. I really want to know his secret, since I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend right now =P
Jul 8, 2008 9:22 PM
May 2008
Finally Matoko gets that he's the worst. Can't wait to watch next episode...Wonder what Katsura will do...COME ON FUCKING HIGURASHI TIME ALREADY! MURDER THEM ALL BRUTALLY KATSURA!
Aug 2, 2008 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
Legion17 said:

I lold hard.

Hmmm I've changed my mind. These girls are evil. Makoto just wanted to be a nice guy and shit. Their fault.
Aug 15, 2008 4:04 AM

Jan 2008
Setsuna.....what have you done?? NO!! You were the only one trying to fix things, but now...

Bring on Higurashi!
Sep 8, 2008 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
I can say proudly that THIS EPISODE WAS THE FUNNIEST OF ALL!

Other than that....SCREW YOU MAKOTO FOR TAKING SETSUNA'S VIRGINTY! DIE MAKOTO SERIOUSLY! I know this cause I saw the vid files from the game is SCREW YOU Makoto!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Dec 8, 2008 2:56 PM

Aug 2008
Legion17 said:

It always happens in school-set, Harem-oriented, romance-slife-of-life, dynamic Visual Novels. There's many girls, and depending on what choices you make along the way, it determines which girl you get at the end of the game (They might be "bad endings", but I'm not too sure about it).
At least, 4 girls appear to like Itou in the anime adapation of School Days.

It's quite complicated... Itou doesn't seem like that bad of a guy, but he still appears to be an asshole when it comes to relationships. He only wants to get laid with cuties it seems.
I wonder how it goes in the VN...

Now that I think more about it, Sekai just seems similar to Miyamura, Miyako (from Ef), but they differ alot in stuff... they still got the same personalities, I think.

Oh yea, this was a funny episode as well ^^
Dec 22, 2008 4:31 PM
Dec 2008
Setsune is the only good character in this show. Without flaws. I like her alot but for the others.. just terrible.

Those classmates of Kotonoha... Sekai.. Itou.. hell even Kotonoha is too stupid to realise what's going on.
While I do feel sorry for her I can't understand why she just isn't slapping the hell out of Itou and moves on.
Jan 5, 2009 9:15 AM

Dec 2008
ronin said:
I don't think I'll be satisfied with any ending of this series that doesn't involve Makoto taking sewing needles to the groin from every girl in the entire school.

I endorse this statement.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Feb 14, 2009 4:30 AM

Feb 2009
babykeiji said:
Twiffle said:
Squee said:

Legion17 said:

That made me laugh! xD

REALLY AN AXE EFFECT! Now, I'm going to tell my friends that if they want to see how AXE works, watch School Days. LOL!

That's why i'm enjoying a lot this anime!!!
It sure makes you laugh a lot while reading these posts ^^

Setsuna was trying hard to fix Makoto's head.
But at the end, she wants to turn another head active ^^
Maybe someone loses it's head...
Dark Humour, he he he
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
May 22, 2009 12:13 AM
Apr 2009
"I am the worst."

Yes, yes you are.

I suppose he's not a complete asshole, since he consoled Setsuna. But come on, her too? This guy should write a book.
Jul 4, 2009 6:36 PM
Sep 2008
Setsuna is annoying.
Aug 17, 2009 2:00 AM

Jun 2009
robosapien said:
Legion17 said:

I lold hard.

Hmmm I've changed my mind. These girls are evil. Makoto just wanted to be a nice guy and shit. Their fault.

i agree on the lold hard and i said last episode that the girls make me more angry than makoto does
Sep 29, 2009 10:59 PM

Apr 2009
my eppy froze at 15 minutes what happens after that creepy bitch with the red ribbon looks at the france book and says

her name is setsuna i just forgot

itou is with sekai everything will be alright

what happens in the rest of the episode
Dec 19, 2009 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
Finally! Makoto admits hes an idiot!

Although Setsuna sshould just STFU. And not because of the bullying. Shes just plain annoying.

Kotonoha to go berserk and kill them all. That would be awesome.
Jan 17, 2010 7:15 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, a lot happened in this one episode.
At first it felt like Makoto really cared for Sekai,
and I am so glad that Sekai has a friend like Satsura.
I feel sorry for Katonoha, trying to hold her relationship together, being so forgiving, and then offering up her body like that.
I kind of saw the Satsura/Makoto thing coming, I am glad he wasn't awake for it and I hope that Katonoha notices he was asleep!

It seems the situation is spiraling downhill fast.

Although I do think (or maybe I hope) that Makoto isn't just being lustful, that is definitely part of it for sure, but I would like to think that Makoto is just trying to please everyone (including himself of course), by trying not to hurt anyone he is going to hurt them all much more.
Jan 21, 2010 9:54 PM

Apr 2009
Wtf! This is crazy. Now little Setsuna wants in on the action? Kotonoha is really getting it now though...it's a little funny. I'm still really curious to see how she's going to react overall to all of this.
Mar 10, 2010 10:49 AM

Mar 2010
OMG !
this is getting worse Setsuna too who is next ?
Apr 6, 2010 10:57 PM

Feb 2010
ronin said:
I don't think I'll be satisfied with any ending of this series that doesn't involve Makoto taking sewing needles to the groin from every girl in the entire school.

HECK YES!

I try to compare him with other VN main male characters and I think quite possibly he is the worst. Like just for a second compare him to Yukito(AIR), Yuichi(Kanon), Sana(Myself;Yourself), or even Tomoya(Clannad) he doesn't even stand a chance.
Apr 7, 2010 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
lol, don't try to compare them.
Tomoya and Makoto are about as far from each other as it can get ;)
Apr 22, 2010 6:17 AM

Apr 2010
Damn Setsuna, i really thought that she at least seemed like a reasonable character, but it seems that she too fell in love with makoto when he "saved" her at the entrance ceremony. I wonder... What will happen next?!
May 10, 2010 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
Legion17 said:
Jun 3, 2010 10:38 AM

Jul 2009
NOOOOO NOT SETSUNA!!

Also can't wait for the "nice boat" moment, I will enjoy every second of it.
Jun 26, 2010 11:01 AM

Jun 2009
Notice Makoto said he'd go stop the bullies from picking on Setsuna but never did. Know why? Cuz Makoto is a wuss who hates confrontation! He would never go face-to-face against his fellow classmates in a million years. How these girls keep falling for his BS is beyond me....
fancyfoxJun 26, 2010 11:04 AM
Jul 28, 2010 8:06 AM

Jan 2010
this show is as realistic as Pam Anderson's boobs xD
cmon the lolicon likes him too now O.o

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 29, 2010 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
The world has never seen an ass as big as Makoto.
Sep 28, 2010 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
I scoffed when Makoto said "Well I guess women and men don't always agree exactly on what their relationship is".
YOU'RE USING IT WRONG, CHEATER.

And Kotonoha is such a leech. The bullying must have gotten to her and affected her self-esteem.
I swear nobody in this series appeals to me except Setsuna. :(
darkerealmSep 28, 2010 2:14 PM
Feb 22, 2011 12:56 AM

Mar 2010
LOL
why does everyone like that guy..
May 14, 2011 1:39 AM

Jan 2008
Legion17 said:

LOL. xD

- "I am the worst." No shit.
- Lol @ the comedic break operation.
- I'm going to miss Setsuna. D:
- I was hoping that Setsuna wouldn't like Makoto too but it seems that was too much to ask for.
Sep 24, 2011 1:06 AM

Aug 2011
Jan 13, 2012 7:59 AM

Jan 2012
This is getting annoying,I mean three girls,wtf? xD And I know that Setsuna wanted to keep the memory of kissing him for herself,but it was still stupid since she wants him to be there for Sekai. :D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.