Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2012 4:33 PM

Jul 2007
Just wanted to mention this game is coming out this month. For those of you who do not know, Nis america is a relativity small Japanese company that distributes games over to the US. How ever some of these games end up going up in price or even canceled all together. The first Hyper dimension Neptunia, just after 1 or 2 weeks skyrocketed in price from like 50 dollars to about 80-90.

That is why alot of people missed out on that game. This game is mostly for the hardcore anime jrpg fan in you. If you like sexual references, witty humor and ol dungeon crawling fun that explores more of the japanese cultuers, then this game is for you.

if you ever played any games like Mana Khemia, At Tonelico or Atelier iris series and you liked those, then you will probably like this game.

In any case, pre order well you still can other wise it will skyrocket in price, i garuntee you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MBZZSI/ref=oh_o04_s02_i00_details

Here is a questions and answers faq for more information detailing the game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/28/nis-america-answers-your-hyperdimension-neptunia-mk2-questions/

Feb 4, 2012 5:15 PM

Sep 2007
Played the first one for a bit. It was kind of shitty.
Feb 4, 2012 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
Wasabi said:
Played the first one for a bit. It was kind of shitty.

It's a game more aimed at Anime fans, western gamers will definitely dislike/hate it. I believe there we're multiple reviews stating it was too much loli fanservice or something along those lines.

1st game had some annoying glitches and such but overall I didn't mind it. Game did get incredibly tedious though. Thank god they had a "skip" button.

I order all all my NIS games off their main site, last time i did, they sent it to me 2 days before the release date (Disgaea 4).

I'll probably get it, also waiting for Atelier Meruru as well.
Feb 4, 2012 6:35 PM

Dec 2010
I'm a fan of JRPGs in general, and hyperdimension neptunia was definitely something I didn't care much for.

You see, there is no witty humor. Just milking the "Break the fourth wall" lines throughout the entire game. Along with sexually explicit underlying themes in its comedy, it wasn't too interesting. The plot is also nothing even worth considering as 'decent'.

I also found the combat system was annoying with a relatively steep learning curve. Not something I cared much for since it was hardly rewarding. Just lots of grinding inbetween actual story events.
Feb 4, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
Disgaea IV is a different quality altogether: ridiculous numbers. And I consider that fun.

I think Hyperdimension's selling point is as good as a VN: girls, except that generally a VN's story would thrash Hyperdimension's story completely.

Mk2 is better than the 1st game though. There's some story, as compared to in the first one where it was quite a shaky representation of companies vs. piracy.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Feb 4, 2012 10:15 PM

Oct 2009
So, what are the 3 DLCs that aren't in the release?
Feb 5, 2012 12:00 AM

Apr 2010
I pre-ordered this, but I don't have very high hopes. The first game was a huge piece of shit (which is sadly, true about the majority of NIS Americas game releases) but the combat system in the new one seems slightly more bearable so I said fuck it. Plus I get weeaboo cards.
Feb 5, 2012 3:33 AM

Jan 2008
Clous said:
I pre-ordered this, but I don't have very high hopes. The first game was a huge piece of shit (which is sadly, true about the majority of NIS Americas game releases) but the combat system in the new one seems slightly more bearable so I said fuck it. Plus I get weeaboo cards.

Weeaboo cards ftw.
Feb 5, 2012 3:41 AM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
Clous said:

Weeaboo cards ftw.

They will look real nice next to my stack of record of agarest war zero cards.

Paying 60 bucks for 50 cents worth of cards. The only way to prove you are a true man.
Feb 5, 2012 7:27 AM

Dec 2009
pre-ordered this, i didnt hate or loved the first one, but still gonna give this a try = complete it one time
Feb 5, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
I am a fan of nis america as well and i do agree that hyper dimension neptunia definitely isn't one of their greatest games. Either way if your a collector through and want to play every game they have out their, then its better to purchase it well its in your price range, rather then waiting their is still some fun to be had with the game, its not like its absolutely unplayable.

I for one had alot more fun with the new Atelier games on the playstation 3. They also have "record of Agarest War 2" coming out as well in June.

Feb 7, 2012 12:57 AM

Sep 2011
I'll be picking up the Limited Edition of this myself.

NISA is an American publisher, not to be confused with the Japanese developer NIS (though NISA handles NIS releases stateside).

As far as Hyperdimension goes, it's primarily developed between Idea Factory and Compile Heart, which is why you see the 'event, story battle, grind' loop that's common with IF (like Cross Edge, Agarest War).

Hyperdimension 1 isn't without its merits though. The dialogue is pretty interesting if you like the retrogaming and general weaboo references thrown in everywhere. I'll add that the English voiceovers are particularly impressive -- Melissa Fahn does an outstanding job as Neptune and I actually preferred the English voices over the original Japanese.

Though Hyper MK2 is a significant level-up from the first one. Just check some footage on Youtube and you'll probably agree. It looks a lot more polished.
Feb 7, 2012 10:48 AM

Mar 2011
I thought the first game was below avarege and I consider myself a huge Jrpg fan. I liked the anime designs and the visual novel feel it had but everything else was pretty bad. The level design was horribly repetitive, many dungeons were completly identical. The combat was fun at the beginning of the game but when you reach the last part of the game the only thing you had to do was change nep into cpu mode and spam NeptuneBreaker. I also disliked the fact that the rest of the goddesses joined party just BEFORE the final dungeon. The story was really bad but well the game never took itself seriously when it comes to the plot so I think I can overlook that and I have to admit I liked the weaboo and retrogaming references.

Anyway I will most likely get this a few weeks after its realesed, it seems like Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 is a pretty big improvment over the first game.
Feb 7, 2012 1:26 PM

Jun 2008
First game was pretty gay, so I'll wait for a price drop with this version. Don't wanna make the same mistake twice.
Feb 26, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
Getting my weeaboo cards tomorrow or the day after. Was suppose to have arrived earlier but there we're issues.

Dear Valued Customer,
We have an important update for you in regards to the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Limited Edition: Gamindustri Savior Set. You do not need to respond to this message.

Due to a small holdup during manufacturing, the Gamindusti Savior Set will be delayed for a couple of days. Our original plan was to ship out all preorders before the release date of February 28th. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will not be able to meet that desire. We will be receiving the Gamindustri Savior Set in our warehouse on Monday, February 27th, the day before the release date, and will not be able to begin shipping until the following day.

We will still begin billing this Tuesday, February 21st as planned, and will be sure to contact you if there are any issues processing your payment.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will still do our best to ship out as many preorders as quickly as possible.

We greatly appreciate your patience, your support, and your excitement for this game! Please have a great day!

Best wishes,

NISA Online Store
Feb 26, 2012 10:20 PM

Apr 2010
Countdown till weeaboo cards
Feb 27, 2012 12:25 AM

Jan 2012
The game was mediocre at best. There wasn't really anything in the gameplay that really stood out.

But I'm willing to give Hyperdimension Mk2 a chance.
Nowhere to go but up I suppose.
Feb 27, 2012 12:29 AM

Jul 2007
Paul said:
Getting my weeaboo cards tomorrow or the day after. Was suppose to have arrived earlier but there we're issues.

Dear Valued Customer,
We have an important update for you in regards to the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 Limited Edition: Gamindustri Savior Set. You do not need to respond to this message.

Due to a small holdup during manufacturing, the Gamindusti Savior Set will be delayed for a couple of days. Our original plan was to ship out all preorders before the release date of February 28th. However, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will not be able to meet that desire. We will be receiving the Gamindustri Savior Set in our warehouse on Monday, February 27th, the day before the release date, and will not be able to begin shipping until the following day.

We will still begin billing this Tuesday, February 21st as planned, and will be sure to contact you if there are any issues processing your payment.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will still do our best to ship out as many preorders as quickly as possible.

We greatly appreciate your patience, your support, and your excitement for this game! Please have a great day!

Best wishes,

NISA Online Store

I know same for me. I am tired of amazon actually delaying orders. you know what i found out once, that an item was delayed for another month. I just thought that maybe amazon had the release dates screwed up like they always do but turns out the damn game came out during that initial release date and i didn't end up getting mine till a month later. For that exact reason i will never trust amazon when they delay orders, i always check other places like gamestop just to make sure the release date is correct.

Feb 27, 2012 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
An M rating, if this can fly with an M rating, they need to start bringing more loli games here, start with Mugen Souls.

Feb 27, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2009
Hoppy said:
An M rating, if this can fly with an M rating, they need to start bringing more loli games here, start with Mugen Souls.
YES! WTB THIS!

and KimoKawaE a Hit
Feb 28, 2012 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, looks like it's been delayed again...? /sad.
Feb 28, 2012 9:42 PM

Apr 2010
Newsletter said its now shipping to retailers, but I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything useful = \.
Feb 29, 2012 9:44 PM

May 2007
After playing couple hours into it, this game is a lot more fun than the first one. It's a step up at everything.
Mar 3, 2012 6:28 PM

Jan 2008
I finally got the game (so late D:)

I'm amazed at how much better it is that the first one. Some funky stuff here and there but overall, the game is so much better, at least the combat system is. The story seems to be pretty much the same.

/looks for some HDD skins.
Mar 3, 2012 9:18 PM

Oct 2009
Wish I had a PS3...
Mar 4, 2012 4:33 AM

Dec 2009
My copy is maybe lost at the delivery, so its possible that i wont get my copy anytime soon.
MalossMar 4, 2012 1:43 PM
Mar 4, 2012 11:20 AM

Jan 2008
Really like how I don't have to purchase every certain character from PS Store now.

I'm loving 5pb. One of her buff skill shows Kurisu from Steins;Gate, they even named the skill after her though the buff is pretty useless most of the time (Increase INT in a large area) and also when she defeats an enemy, she sometimes goes 'Tuturuuu~" (Another Steins;Gate reference).

Some things I've noticed (after about 7~ 8 hours of gameplay) that I have to say/note:
-The game is still pretty easy, heck, possibly even easier that the first. I've managed to do the main story mode (from Ch1 to 4) without bothering to train because simply killing every monster you see while doing the main quests will be enough. Just made sure my equips were up to with what is available.
-Monsters have horrible AI. It seems if you ever fight a large group of monsters, they just always seem to end up gathering up to each other, making them easy to mob, even with a normal attack AoE.
-No more guns... or at least no far ranged normal attacks. Uni uses a rifle yet you find she can only do point-blank shot normal attacks. Compa can't shoot her syringe for long range support... There are far ranged skills but that's a bit different. (The battle system is completely different other than using AP to perform actions).
-Some skills are so op'd... I hit max with a skill I got with Gear (9999x1 per monster in range) as soon as I got it around level 20 IIRC.
-Monster designs seemed to have gotten even less creative even compared to the first. Some were lulz, but many others were just lame.
Mar 4, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
Gogetters said:
Wish I had a PS3...

Me too. I really want to play this. It looks like so much fun.
Mar 7, 2012 4:42 AM

Dec 2009
I so recommend to play true route ending
MalossMar 7, 2012 6:13 AM
Aug 26, 2014 12:16 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
The Conquest ending is standing hard in contrast to all other endings.

I will never play this route again, because it was hard to handle it ...

More topics from this board

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
57 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
1 hour ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

524 by SnipeStrike »»
2 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
6 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.