Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2012 1:55 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Poor kid.
Jan 1, 2017 9:33 PM

Jan 2016
omg i'm just happy that they weren't too late to save that boy's life
Aug 23, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2020
omg this is so sad. It makes me sad seeing grimmer cry

Feb 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Oct 2016
Definitely one of the best chapters in this manga.
This actually made me cry. Because of everything that happened in this chapter. From Milos observing all the variety of misery and infamy that there can be in the world, reinforcing this with all that kind of nihilistic talk that Johan told him, because with intention he made a child observe in his own flesh things that are really inappropriate for one, he made him observe the side sordid and abject of life (Johan knew that everything he told him would resonate later in Milos) until Grimmer, who as a kind of opposite perspective to Johan, decides to stick to life and strive to understand how he is supposed to feel at such a point that he really did, Grimmer cries realizing the situation. This whole chapter was brilliant, one of my favorites without a doubt. An exquisite contrast in many ways. I also feel that Tenma never gave a proper answer to Grimmer's questions as I think Tenma knew that at some point the time would come when Grimmer would answer himself...
It is one of the highest points in Urasawa, I would say.
This is the magic of him as a mangaka. Absolutely love it.
Mar 28, 2022 4:17 AM

Feb 2022
This chapter gave me a new appreciation for Urasawa's art. In the beginning, it's just Anna Liebert sitting on a chair, and suddenly BOOM! With just a change of expression (that half-smile and the half-closed eyes), you know it's Johann.
These Japanese gesticulating cartoons are actually quite good
Oct 23, 2022 6:56 PM

Dec 2020
Johan is living up to this story's title. Monster doesn't even seem enough to describe what he has done.

And i liked the juxtaposition between Johan, so skilled at dealing with emotions and yet devoid of empathy, and Grimmer who despite his struggles at expressing his own emotions does actually feel compassion for the kid.

After this i don't care about that 'if you kill the monster you become like him!' crap, and neither about whatever trauma twisted Johan like that. He needs to be removed, whatever the means.
Lux_VacuiOct 23, 2022 7:08 PM
Jan 4, 2023 1:18 AM

May 2020
This is a really good chapter.. I never expected to cry reading this manga. That was so dark, what that kid went through. And seeing Grimmer feel for the kid and cry was such a good end to the chapter and is what broke me. 

Honestly, there are so many good and interesting, and complex characters in this manga. Not good as in the opposite of bad, but as in the creation of the characters. ie. Johan is a great character. The way he's portrayed literally scares me..
main candy: // bonus candy:

Sep 20, 2023 11:43 AM

Aug 2022
What the fuck? There was no reason to make the kid watch as you fuck that woman.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Chapter 50 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jan 29, 2012

10 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 32 Discussion

6 by LightNoragami1 »»
Apr 24, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 27 Discussion

6 by LightNoragami1 »»
Apr 24, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 18 Discussion

4 by LightNoragami1 »»
Apr 22, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 68 Discussion

8 by Yiaponezika_MkM »»
Apr 11, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.