Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2008 11:27 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
lol my family's just like hers when they meet my friend's family XD
gahh..
i see abe sensei has some kind of past. with a girl. i see u_u
and thats why he secretly likes shin >:3

i wonder if her dad's gna die or something :\
grawr.
Dec 25, 2008 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
and when you continue reading the story you thoughts become totally diferent, no?

*Under Construction*
Dec 29, 2008 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
Shin's family is hilarious :)
And same with Natsu xD

So sensei does really care about her huh?
But what was the picture about?... O__o Another woman!

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 29, 2008 1:49 PM

Jul 2008
i didnt really get the feeling that Abe sensei cared about her at all during the whole manga
and about the picture, i thought that it was his lover that already died like in most mangas, yet it turns out diferently

*Under Construction*
Dec 29, 2008 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
krisla said:
i didnt really get the feeling that Abe sensei cared about her at all during the whole manga
Really? I honestly thought so - it was pretty predictable at how it would end... =\

krisla said:
and about the picture, i thought that it was his lover that already died like in most mangas, yet it turns out diferently
Oo yea, after thinking about it - I figured it was probably his wife or something and she died and he couldn't save her... Something cliche like that > D

Dec 29, 2008 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
jazmin_s said:
Really? I honestly thought so - it was pretty predictable at how it would end... =\
i agree that the ending was predictable, but i didnt get the feeling that he cared about her, i got it that he had feelings for her at a point, but not that he cared for her..in what part does it show it?

jazmin_s said:
I figured it was probably his wife or something and she died and he couldn't save her... Something cliche like that
it really is cliché how the main guy has a picture of a "loved one" that died and he had something to do with it;; i didnt like the story of the girl, it didnt seem like enough for him to carry a picture of her around with him -_-"

*Under Construction*
Dec 31, 2008 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
krisla said:
jazmin_s said:
Really? I honestly thought so - it was pretty predictable at how it would end... =
i agree that the ending was predictable, but i didnt get the feeling that he cared about her, i got it that he had feelings for her at a point, but not that he cared for her..in what part does it show it?
Lol, I don't think he really showed it a lot. But for example, when that kid gets hit by the car, he did acknowlegde her attempts and also carried her home. Not to mention when she gets sick he takes care of her as well. I don't know, I guess it was really subtle.

krisla said:
jazmin_s said:
I figured it was probably his wife or something and she died and he couldn't save her... Something cliche like that
it really is cliché how the main guy has a picture of a "loved one" that died and he had something to do with it;; i didnt like the story of the girl, it didnt seem like enough for him to carry a picture of her around with him -_-"
Exactly! I was thinking --> "So what? She was your patient, it's not like you loved her q__q" <-- Not a good reason to carry and cherish a picture of a girl around! Well, at least I don't think so...

Jan 1, 2009 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
jazmin_s said:
when that kid gets hit by the car, he did acknowlegde her attempts and also carried her home. Not to mention when she gets sick he takes care of her as well.
uhh, yea, those were caring actions. his facial expression didnt really change until the last chapter IMO, but that doesnt mean that he didnt care..i see.

jazmin_s said:
Exactly! I was thinking --> "So what? She was your patient, it's not like you loved her q__q" <-- Not a good reason to carry and cherish a picture of a girl around! Well, at least I don't think so..
uhum, doctors always lose patients, the only reason she had an affact on him was because of the letter she wrote, still that shows that he's somewhat unprofessional, a professional doctor that takes his job seriously (not saying that Abe didnt) wouldnt take it so personal, she was in depression, he shouldnt have taken it so seriously
and how did he get that pic of her? it looked like a normal picture somebody would take, not the kinda that you have on medical records e_e
krislaJan 1, 2009 1:02 PM

*Under Construction*
Jan 1, 2009 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
krisla said:
uhum, doctors always lose patients, the only reason she had an affact on him was because of the letter she wrote, still that shows that he's somewhat unprofessional, a professional doctor that takes his job seriously (not saying that Abe didnt) wouldnt take it so personal, she was in depression, he shouldnt have taken it so seriously
That's a really good point - and you're definitely right. I'm not saying that doctors should be devoid of emotion, but honestly - their job is to do the best they can. If their best isn't good enough - it's not like they could do anything else. So if she died - he shouldn't have blamed himself or anything... One death - and he quits being a doctor. If you think about it really carefully - that sounds like he gave up, which is pathetic in my opinion.

krisla said:
and how did he get that pic of her? it looked like a normal picture somebody would take, not the kinda that you have on medical records e_e
Yup, yup - kind of makes me think he was a creeper.... O__o

Jan 1, 2009 4:04 PM

Jul 2008
jazmin_s said:
That's a really good point - and you're definitely right. I'm not saying that doctors should be devoid of emotion, but honestly - their job is to do the best they can. If their best isn't good enough - it's not like they could do anything else. So if she died - he shouldn't have blamed himself or anything... One death - and he quits being a doctor. If you think about it really carefully - that sounds like he gave up, which is pathetic in my opinion.
haha, this is probably the first time someone agrees with me and not bash me, lol. back to the topic, he really did give up, that's one thing that Shin really helped him with, her words that were somewhat imature, really affected him - this is probably another sign that he cared about her, now that i think about it, she was important enough to him that he took the time on thinking about her words - she gave him the courage (is that the right word for this case?) to continue working as a doctor, no matter how discouraged he was in becoming a doctor again

jazmin_s said:
Yup, yup - kind of makes me think he was a creeper
a creeper for sure, yet i still wonder how he got his hands on the picture

*Under Construction*
Jan 1, 2009 4:27 PM

Jan 2008
krisla said:
he really did give up, that's one thing that Shin really helped him with, her words that were somewhat imature, really affected him - this is probably another sign that he cared about her, now that i think about it, she was important enough to him that he took the time on thinking about her words - she gave him the courage (is that the right word for this case?) to continue working as a doctor, no matter how discouraged he was in becoming a doctor again
Yes, once again I agree. Even though Shin still seemed like a kid, she did understand quite a bit and just said what she believed. Even though Abe seemed to have brushed it off - he would't have gone back to being a doctor if it weren't for Shin's undying determination at becoming a doctor and constantly telling Abe to return to doing what he loved.

Eh, he eventually took time to ponder over her words therefore indicating that he did care about her... =\

Jan 2, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
jazmin_s[/quote said:
Even though Abe seemed to have brushed it off
this is something he did a lot in the story that pissed me, usually the "cool guy that doesnt show emotions" has his own way of doing that without making him seem like a heartless jerk, while for me Abe didnt have that, he really seemed like an uncaring jerk, and i just got proved wrong later on, when he took care of Shin.
jazmin_s[/quote said:
he would't have gone back to being a doctor if it weren't for Shin's undying determination at becoming a doctor and constantly telling Abe to return to doing what he loved.
why didnt Abe let his true feelings show? from the begging to the end, he loved her, but only on the last and extra chapter is when we actually get to see him smiling, caring for Shin. Abe's friend (what's his name?) said it clearly, when Shin went to the hospital to look for Abe, that he thought she was the first one he'd tell. And also that she was the reason for him going back to being a doctor

*Under Construction*
Jan 4, 2009 9:30 PM

Jan 2008
krisla said:
this is something he did a lot in the story that pissed me, usually the "cool guy that doesnt show emotions" has his own way of doing that without making him seem like a heartless jerk, while for me Abe didnt have that, he really seemed like an uncaring jerk, and i just got proved wrong later on, when he took care of Shin.
Yup - that is most definitely true.

krisla said:
why didnt Abe let his true feelings show? from the begging to the end, he loved her, but only on the last and extra chapter is when we actually get to see him smiling, caring for Shin. Abe's friend (what's his name?) said it clearly, when Shin went to the hospital to look for Abe, that he thought she was the first one he'd tell. And also that she was the reason for him going back to being a doctor
Honestly - that was the exact same thing that I was wondering. Abe was so stubborn and harsh and it kind of made me angry. Meh - did it really matter if he told Shin that he loved her? It was probably his stupid pride. Anywho - Abe's friend Natsu is awesome <3 xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Help!! Chapter 7 Discussion

Mayuka - May 12, 2015

0 by Mayuka »»
May 12, 2015 8:09 PM

Poll: » Help!! Chapter 1 Discussion

sifma - Aug 10, 2008

2 by Mayuka »»
May 12, 2015 6:21 PM

Poll: » Help!! Chapter 2 Discussion

sifma - Aug 10, 2008

1 by jazmin_s »»
Dec 29, 2008 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.