Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 12, 2012 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Only Velvet again this ep.

He's been helping out (for part time jobs) and it is involving lots of females.

Tutor, kindergarden sub, etc. lol @ the guy in Kuma's outfit, so the Kuma found was him!! (lol @ his line that copies Kuma's way of speaking) One of the women the girl found was the nurse who got interested in him when he saved the old lady, who said the guy reminds her of her late husband.

He even bought something weird. At the festival, his eyes are weird. So he went through hardship to fish, so he can return the precious comb from her late husband to the old lady. He helped saving the fireworks, too. Even the nurse is realizing the importance of saving people.

Then back to end of last ep. and is joining with the party. Even the uncle is taking the break.

lol @ Kuma's comments about yukata and left with the girls.

New ED. "The way of Memories -Kizuna no Chikara- (The way of Memories - キズナノチカラ-)" by Shihoko Hirata

The cousin girl returned the umbrella!!
tsubasaloverJan 12, 2012 10:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 12, 2012 9:30 AM

May 2010
What a fucking waste of a umbrella, poor fox.

Lmao @ the Nurse Sayako scene. He randomly just popped away from her like if he had some shield. On a random note: I thought "showtime" playing for Nurse Sayako's drunkness was fitting.

ROFL @ the guardian fish - was it necessary for him to put on the glasses? lmao
I fangasmed all over the Tanaka appearance. Too bad it was super brief.

Wow, Eri really got struck hard if she was bleeding. Best SLink from the 5, for me, always enjoyed Temperance social link..

And Finally some Aika, I missed that emotion-less awesome face.
Pretty decent way to arrange the "other" Social Links.

Kuma is the biggest cockblock for Brotag, huh?
-Temperance - Eri step mom.
-Death - Old lady Hisano
-Tower - Shu

*expect new personas for Narukami

New ED is for this episode only aswell, huh?

Next episode....... KING'S FUCKING GAME! "Long awaited trip" - What a damn fitting title for it. I can't wait for the lulz.

The Anime Network note: Subs now come out Friday. Damn it..
Jan 12, 2012 9:59 AM

Apr 2010
I remember being bored through that part, so meh. I don't really like social links.

3/5
Jan 12, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
Yu is building up his personality step by step.

Aha! So Teddie was the one who ate the shaved ice. Didn't surprise me much :)

For some reason, seeing Yu in Teddie suit sprawled out at the backseat of a bus was really funny. Kinder-gardeners sure are a handful.

Yu offered to pay and build a new expensive robot model. "Damn you Neo Featherman.."

That snappish woman was going to hit that kid, such an awful person >:(

Old lady's story was sad.

Next scent: Class Trip!
Jan 12, 2012 6:14 PM

Jun 2011
I don't know what this show has became anymore...

Slice of life comedy? = =|
Jan 12, 2012 6:49 PM

May 2010
Rewatching the episode and I thought Moron King had a illegitimate son, lol.

While Yuu was walking with half his harem, thought it was cute how Nanako couldn't walk in her yukata.

http://i.imgur.com/B4vQL.jpg - LMAO @ Kanji.
http://i.imgur.com/qPXEM.jpg - I wet my pants at Rise's "KINGS GAME!" voice.

Shih said:
I don't know what this show has became anymore...
Slice of life comedy? = =|

The show, I'd say is more comedy than slice of life. It may have seemed like a slice of life ep, but this episode was actually important for Narukami, so that he can gain stronger personas..It was just made "funnier" and "carefree" to entertain fans, and not stretch it out, I guess.
Jan 12, 2012 8:22 PM
Nov 2008
harem +1
Jan 13, 2012 4:56 AM

May 2009
And it will be this slice of life way for quite some time. Even though the next "story-driven" arc is near, there will be yet another slice of life one right after it (which I don't mind, since that's THE arc!). Anyway, after that things will finally get serious.

Anyway, I think it was a nice episode. They rushed maaaaaaany SLs but that was to be expected. What I wonder is if they will actually include the SLs from the main characters, since we only had small things like Rise's ex-manager. Not only that but if they actually do them, it can only be now, since when things get serious they will get too serious for them to suddenly spoil the mood with SLs.
Jan 13, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
Yu's face, when he saw this fish made me laugh. xD
And music when Yuu went fishing - epic.

I like parts spent with fox. It's always peaceful.

Ah, this school trip is next! True, waited long.
Jan 13, 2012 11:03 AM

Jan 2008
Derp, a HUGE part of the game was slice of life. It stands to reason that the anime would have some parts that aren't just plowing through dungeons and main plot points.
Jan 13, 2012 12:21 PM

Nov 2008
As much as I liked this episode, I do have to wonder if this two-episode set-up was sneaky way to ease up on the animation budget, with the re-used scenes and all. XD
Jan 13, 2012 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
Do I hear" Hidden Boss"?!

Hype!
Jan 13, 2012 1:01 PM

Oct 2009
I lol'd at the fishing scene. Didn't expect Reach out to the Truth to start playing at all. I wonder if they'll keep the P3 references next week (:
Jan 13, 2012 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
That was a great use of Reach Out to the Truth.

I'm honestly a little impressed by how well the anime handled four Arcana within two episodes.

I'm also going to have my eyes and ears straining for P3 references in the next episode. You never know, they might just do some faint background music from P3 or something of that sort.

Oh, almost forgot. I love the new ED. Can't wait to hear it without dialogue over it next week, and also see the new ending animation. Hopefully the new animation will still show the currently collected Arcana.
Jan 13, 2012 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
Lol Narukami suddenly became Jesus :V

But yeah it was a nice episode.
Jan 13, 2012 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
XD the fishing scene was soo funny lol
Poor guy, he sure did have a tough summer
Jan 13, 2012 3:01 PM

Mar 2011
I found this episode funny, it was interesting. I want to see next episode now, school trip!
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Jan 13, 2012 3:21 PM

Feb 2011
This episode... I don't even....

It was just so enjoyable, like it makes you feel good. c:

Narukami is adding to his harem AND being a Good Guy Greg all at once. What a boss.

I'm looking forward to the story though, wooooo~ :D
Jan 13, 2012 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
Wow....that was the most entertaining rushed episode I've ever seen xD
Just goes to show more of Narukami's pwnage skills (and total LOL at the putting on his glasses and acting like he was calling out his Persona when he was fishing lol)

Oooo~~ School trip is next. One of the more interesting/fun parts of the game. WOOT!!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 13, 2012 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
Ya for social links!~ as much as i found this episode enjoyable the ending for finishing them all seemed like a big clusterfuck lol of yuu popping from 1 link to another which was understandable since it was all packed into one episode.

and lol@ at him getting the jacket off the shopping network
Jan 13, 2012 4:22 PM

Dec 2009
Lol Persona! just to catch a fish. I was expecting for izanagi to pop outta nowhere and help. That was an enjoyable episode.
Jan 13, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
Yu sort of reminded me of Sousuke from Full Metal Panic! in this episode.
Jan 13, 2012 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
WOAH WOAH WOAH.
WAIT A MINUTE.
Did I imagine it, or did the fox give Narukami money at the end there?

If yes, that fox is clearly a shadow. Definitely not the real fox.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Jan 13, 2012 5:20 PM

Jun 2011
Good Guy Greg in action!
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jan 13, 2012 5:42 PM

Oct 2008
Being Narukami is suffering.

YEAAH KING'S GAME NEXT WEEK.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 13, 2012 7:00 PM

May 2009
Panaru said:

Oh, almost forgot. I love the new ED. Can't wait to hear it without dialogue over it next week, and also see the new ending animation. Hopefully the new animation will still show the currently collected Arcana.

Hum, I actually had the feeling that this ED is just for this episode.
Jan 13, 2012 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
sillyriri said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH.
WAIT A MINUTE.
Did I imagine it, or did the fox give Narukami money at the end there?

If yes, that fox is clearly a shadow. Definitely not the real fox.

Yeah, I expected some of that money to even be from Yu for the Fox's "Magic leaves"

...all yo yens yip yip yap! - Fox (Hiimdaisy/ P4)

RealScreamer said:
Rewatching the episode and I thought Moron King had a illegitimate son, lol.

Jan 13, 2012 7:33 PM

May 2010
You know, this show is a bit of everything except possibly romance, since there is none besides minor "affection" to Narukami.

On a side-note: while watching subbed, any gamers noticed:

I just noticed this and I feel so stupid for not realizing earlier, lol.
Jan 13, 2012 8:44 PM

Jun 2011
Love the social links and that TV commercial with Tanaka ;A; <3
Jan 13, 2012 9:29 PM

Jan 2008
Miya_F_Exia said:
Panaru said:

Ahh, I didn't even think about it. I didn't think they'd do two one-shot EDs in a row. Oh well, I can wait til the ending albums come out. Besides, this means that we've still got an unknown ED coming that is bound to be awesome.
Jan 13, 2012 10:00 PM

Jan 2009
Fantastic ep.

TANAKA!!!

There really doing an excellent job of mixing things up. Love how their doing the social links.

and next ep ;o; THE LONG AWAITED TRIP :D.
Jan 14, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
After weeks of having it brought up, I could not take my eyes away from that damn popped collar.
Damn internet, making me notice things.
Jan 14, 2012 1:25 AM

May 2010
Ep 13-14 were really great in terms of storytelling from 2 different POV's.

Although the social links aren't new but the way how it's told is good.

Really reminded me of Baccano! :)
Jan 14, 2012 2:00 AM

Apr 2008
I loved this episode, but I love Nanako more :3 Anyhow, I'm hoping for more of Narukami making goofy expressions.

SCHOOL TRIP AND KING GAME NEXT WEEK. HECK YES.

Jan 14, 2012 2:51 AM

Aug 2011
This episode made me feel warm ~
Jan 14, 2012 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
RealScreamer said:
You know, this show is a bit of everything except possibly romance, since there is none besides minor "affection" to Narukami.

Yes i noticed it was similar.

So... i forgot the school trip was coming next...

As a player of the game this two episodes had some fun things, but i would probably be bored if i hadnt play the game, i think they should at least foreshadow what's coming next probably that's gonna happen next episode.

From now on its gonna be awesome.
Jan 14, 2012 3:01 AM

Sep 2011
What a good episode,the way they mixed the Social Links were pretty good and watching all the references(the tvshow,the Guardian fish...i hate that fish,the fox,and more) it was just awesome i was smiling mostly all the time i was watching it :D

Next the amazing school trip and the even more awesome KING GAME ....CANT WAIT !!!!
Jan 14, 2012 6:28 AM

Jul 2009
RealScreamer said:

ocathalainJan 14, 2012 7:31 AM
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Jan 14, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
Seemed like way too much happened, instead of changing the POV last episode, they could have stretched this one to fill up both episodes.
Jan 14, 2012 8:02 AM

May 2009
I had trouble watching this because I seriously couldn't stop laughing at the beginning with the umbrella. The fox's expression just killed me and the lack of effort to save the damn thing. <_< This anime just gets me laughing at the stupidest stuff.
Jan 14, 2012 8:33 AM

May 2009
Panaru said:
Miya_F_Exia said:
Panaru said:

Ahh, I didn't even think about it. I didn't think they'd do two one-shot EDs in a row. Oh well, I can wait til the ending albums come out. Besides, this means that we've still got an unknown ED coming that is bound to be awesome.

Sorry, you were right. The official website confirms that The Way of Memories is the new ED.
Jan 14, 2012 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Really liked this mini arc, very sweet
Jan 14, 2012 1:41 PM
Nov 2010
Great episode, I've enjoyed it together with the previous one... Those are some plus points on Narukami's coolness count...:)
Jan 14, 2012 5:10 PM

Jun 2011
Oh wow, what an awesome mess. I kinda expected this from the 2nd half Yu Narukami's perspective, but this... was just mind-blowing. Still a mess, and still a lot to sort through and process in THIS episode. Is this the 2nd half?

Loved all the cameos, the ED theme, so many S.Links in one go, the summer festival, a toy that costs a LUDRICROUS amount of money (Neo Featherman costs more than a high-end freaking iPad? LOLOLOL), Tanaka making an unexpected appearance with the EXPLOSIVE fishing set, Yu capturing the Guardian (hated that request in S.Link Hermit Kitsune-chan), with BOSS music playing, the crazy playground kids and the kid who I swear looks like King Moron (Moro-chan?), Shu getting his tanjobi (b-day in Japanese) present, even awesome AIKA makes an appearance (and delivers ice too? lol), definitely my favorite anime-exclusive character. :D

Ugh. I'm tired. Just so everybody knows, I watched the raw. I REALLY need to see this thing again with subs. :) Every bit as good as part 1, another 20/5!

And the King's Game episode is next week!! I don't think my heart can take another full-on dose of what may be drunk Rise and drunk Yukiko.
NecrosaroJan 14, 2012 5:18 PM
Jan 14, 2012 6:48 PM

Oct 2011
woot! can't wait for the best part - the school trip!!!! :D

it was okay even though the story of the social links kinda changed a bit..:)
Jan 14, 2012 11:42 PM

Jun 2011
Lol at fishing scene. Also Narukami should totally go out with that hot nurse
Jan 14, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 2011
I totally enjoyed how they have put this anime together so far~ The social links kinda feel like fillers in between all of the epic awesome shadow fighting xD But, besides that (because that's kinda was that is) I think they did spectacular with how they have pieced the game together in anime form so far. I cannot wait to see more~
Jan 15, 2012 1:28 AM

Apr 2010
RealScreamer said:

I still think they will throw in a rise arc. That's mostly my imagination lying to myself, but still.

I was kind of sad that they made the story of the social links different. It's understandable since they take hella days and they clearly don't have the episode space for it but it was still disappointing

They almost had it.. like when he gave the hairpin back to the old lady it had that AWWW moment just like the game... but not even 10 seconds after hes like LOL CY@ GRANDMA GOTTA STOP DAT NERD FROM STEALING. My fangirl is showing.

Overall though, was enjoyable. Pretty happy how this show has turned out thus far.
Jan 15, 2012 1:46 AM

Feb 2010
Great episode. I loved every bit of it.
Jan 15, 2012 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
This'd be so much better if there was deeper exploration of the social links because this is what makes Persona 4 stand out amongst RPGs, the interaction and side stories of different characters and not just the dungeon-crawling style of gaming. But then again, you have the very limited episode count to blame for that.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Favorite Character?

JunkAccount101 - Dec 28, 2015

12 by superstaff »»
Sep 3, 2023 4:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.