Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2011 2:38 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rikuo wanting to talk to the kitsune youkai in his memory, and she kind of reacted to "peddles".

Those following Nurarihyon found him.

Those minor people letting major youkai to follow Rikuo.

Interesting... that "brother" of Yura changed because he has a goal of protecting Yura.

Aotabou has a strong power that sealed with the necklace thing.

Nue baby's pieces has the 1000 years memories, as well as Rikuo's memory.

Seems like "human" body "loved" Rikuo's father(?) according to the huge eye youkai's plan. Then kitsune youkai came out.

The child (grown up) revived and sent his mother to hell.

The huge youkai came out to challenge Nue.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2011 5:58 AM

Jul 2008
Must have been tough for Rikuo: the girl he just fatally wounded ended up calling Rihan "Daddy" XD
NayraelDec 4, 2011 6:06 AM
Dec 4, 2011 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
Looking at the scene around the 18 minute mark. I wonder who them other 2 people are. I wont spoil it but i guess one of them is the enemy in the current arc of the manga. I just have no idea who that one with the horns is. I figured the manga would stop after the Nue vs Rikuo battle that will happen in the future. Seems like we got plenty of more years left. :)
Dec 4, 2011 2:06 PM
Apr 2010
OK I'm really confused!??!?!

i kind of saw the relation of hagorome-Gitsune or atleast her host to Nura's father

but what did Seimei do with his mother? and why?

and what is Minagoroshi-jizou up to? how was he plotting against Hagorone-Gitsune???

Cannot wait for the next ep!
KimuraDec 16, 2011 8:51 AM
Dec 4, 2011 4:47 PM

Jul 2008
0. This is Episode 22

1. Seimei threw his mother into Hell. As a Symbol of Darkness, this is something he is supposed to do if he walks that path. It also shows how far he has fallen (do remember that he turned evil because humans killed his mother so this is kinda ironic)

2. Minagoroshi is a member of another clan, the same one which manipulated Shikoku Clan from Season 1 to attack the Nura Clan (tough those parts have not been animated in Season 1, Sennen Makyou acts as if they were). He is allied to Seimei and took care that when Nue is revived, his mother would be weak enough to not resist Seimei's betrayal
Dec 4, 2011 4:51 PM

Sep 2008
Of course it takes 4 people to gang up on Mamiko Noto to take her down.
Rikou's gang is a bunch of bastards too, slaughtering all of Mamiko Noto's underlings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2011 7:37 PM

Apr 2008
The Gitsune human appears to still be alive

This is reminding me of the season finale of FMA-B
Dec 5, 2011 10:04 PM

Jul 2009
I couldn't take it anymore, and went to read ahead in the manga. That said, the animation adaption is superb. Yeah I too wonder who the hell are the two guy behind Semei. I always the that big eye head guy (forgot his name already) was Semei himself or a piece of him. Well I didn't read too far ahead in the manga, so I am not sure.

Dec 5, 2011 11:59 PM

Dec 2010
Wow... what a crappy son but i so called it; i felt Gitsune was gonna kick the bucket after they foreshadowed the eye guy's betrayal or at the very least scheming for some time now; but really... she spends 1000 years to resurrect the guy and he sends her to hell... kind of makes you think she wasn't that bad when compared to him.
Dec 6, 2011 1:02 PM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Of course it takes 4 people to gang up on Mamiko Noto to take her down.
Rikou's gang is a bunch of bastards too, slaughtering all of Mamiko Noto's underlings.

But Mamiko Noto might still be around and those not being her subordinates. she may still be alive and it seems she's Rikuo's sister. Gitsune died but the human body might be alive. Well of course if they human girl(well not fully human if she Rikuo's sister) actually has a different voice then yeah. No more Mamiko Noto.

Anyway great episode but Rikuo got his ass kicked by Gitsune so how is he gonna face this Nue guy that's supposed to be more powerful?
He couldn't even touch Gitsune while they fought. He only manage to slash her thanks to Yura and the other exorcist.

Btw did that Nue guy had a purpose of throwing Gitsune into hell from the start or did he just let her fall because she lost. I mean if Rikuo hadn't slash her she would have been fine so what would that Nue have done. Attack her? Now that would have made an interesting fight but her love is crazy so she probably wouldn't have done anything against him even if he attacked her.

So is Gitsune now completely dead? Can she not reincarnate anymore?

InfiniteDestiny said:
Wow... what a crappy son but i so called it; i felt Gitsune was gonna kick the bucket after they foreshadowed the eye guy's betrayal or at the very least scheming for some time now; but really... she spends 1000 years to resurrect the guy and he sends her to hell... kind of makes you think she wasn't that bad when compared to him.

Well yeah, i felt a little sorry for her. It's one thing being an crazy scum with world destruction plans and is another to betray your own mother when she loved you so much and did so much for you. That's lower than scum. Even bad guys have some principles, this guy is the lowest.
MonadDec 6, 2011 1:08 PM
Dec 7, 2011 7:05 AM

Nov 2007
Monad said:
Btw did that Nue guy had a purpose of throwing Gitsune into hell from the start or did he just let her fall because she lost. I mean if Rikuo hadn't slash her she would have been fine so what would that Nue have done. Attack her? Now that would have made an interesting fight but her love is crazy so she probably wouldn't have done anything against him even if he attacked her.

Nue chose to walk the path of pure darkness and in order to truly do that he felt that it was necessary to send his own mother who spent a whole millennium trying to give birth to him once more to hell. After all, evil bastards can't have loving mothers who would give their all out of love for their child.

So yeah, Gitsune got screwed over big time.
Dec 7, 2011 12:08 PM

Jun 2008
Kantarou said:
Monad said:

Nue chose to walk the path of pure darkness and in order to truly do that he felt that it was necessary to send his own mother who spent a whole millennium trying to give birth to him once more to hell. After all, evil bastards can't have loving mothers who would give their all out of love for their child.

So yeah, Gitsune got screwed over big time.

That wasn't my question though. Are you saying he would have attacked her even if she hadn't lost her human body?
Dec 7, 2011 12:37 PM

Jul 2008
Seeing as Kitsune becomes stronger after every reincarnation, I am pretty sure that she would have been attacked anyway (as she would have gotten even stronger if she got a new body).
Dec 7, 2011 9:37 PM

Apr 2008
Anyone annoyed at how weak Shoei tends to be
He looks so badass and I would instantly make him one of my top 3 characters except he seems to suck at fights!
He often gets 1 epic hit that doesnt do much then gets knocked out for the rest of the fight
Dec 8, 2011 2:01 AM

Feb 2010
Wow. Nue, I mean Seimei...looks more different now XD
And I'm seriously interested in the back story of the 2nd heir. too much glimpses of past memories D:
Dec 8, 2011 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
Monad said:
That wasn't my question though. Are you saying he would have attacked her even if she hadn't lost her human body?

That was what I was getting at. He had every intention of disposing of her once he was reincarnated, so yes, he would have.
Dec 9, 2011 4:10 AM

Feb 2011
Is the host body that Hagorome-gitsune used is Nura's sister?
Dec 9, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2008
ScarletMuse said:
Wow. Nue, I mean Seimei...looks more different now XD

Very, haha. When he emerged I found myself thinking "Well uh...hello there attractive naked demon man."
Dec 9, 2011 6:51 PM

May 2009
Wait...so is the girl that was being possessed by Hagoromo-Gitsune Rikou's sister!?
Dec 9, 2011 8:46 PM
Nov 2008
Every time the show starts to get serious ..... Yura MAXXXUUUU. IT's DRIVING ME CRAZY. Why... why.... would be such a great show if not for that annoying brat. At least give her less sxreentime or something.

Oh and this show would've made a better seinen than shounen... at least for me anyway.
Dec 10, 2011 2:59 AM

Jun 2008
scytheboy13 said:
Wait...so is the girl that was being possessed by Hagoromo-Gitsune Rikou's sister!?

Yes it seems so. If you look at it her black hair and staff look a lot like his father.

Nayrael said:
Seeing as Kitsune becomes stronger after every reincarnation, I am pretty sure that she would have been attacked anyway (as she would have gotten even stronger if she got a new body).

Ok but this makes you wonder. Isn't Gitsune in the end actually an even higher existence since she can get stronger and stronger?

Kantarou said:
Monad said:

That was what I was getting at. He had every intention of disposing of her once he was reincarnated, so yes, he would have.

Well ok but seriously she was awesomely strong, would he have been able to just defeat her that easily?
If she actually fought back in her human body i can't imagine it would have been easy.
Dec 10, 2011 7:08 AM

Feb 2008
The whole Re-birth / sacrifice some one dear to you reminds me alot of Berserk.
Jun 9, 2012 3:29 AM

Aug 2010
why did the human host of gitsune call rihan "father"?!?!?!?! Don't tell me they are siblings?!!! If so it'll just be too sad! too sad!!!
Feb 22, 2013 3:25 PM

Dec 2008
He sent his own mother to hell? OMG!! I actually felt a little sorry for Hagoromo Gitsune.

Although as wicked and matricidal as Seimei may be, he's REALLY nice to look at!

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaFeb 22, 2013 3:40 PM
Oct 27, 2013 7:39 AM
Mar 2012
Nayrael said:
Must have been tough for Rikuo: the girl he just fatally wounded ended up calling Rihan "Daddy" XD

So Nue the new-born baby is a blonde naked bishi from hell... I did not see that coming.
May 5, 2014 10:55 PM

Jan 2014
This Nue fellow has got to be the stupidest bad guy in the history of anime bad guys...

The way you guys explained it, he threw his mother into hell for no other reason than to show how evil he was? There was no practical purpose, such as him gaining his mother's powers for example, right?

Maybe the thousand years spent in hell drove him crazy...

So the whole throwing-mom-away act was just a symbolic act. How very Freudian. :p
Apr 7, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2014
Nayrael said:

Holy shit. Rikuo had a sister. OMG so sad....
Apr 8, 2015 12:57 AM

Aug 2013
Shocking.. drama flooding in soon.
Jan 2, 2016 3:22 AM

Feb 2015
Glad to see that biatch Gitsune get tossed into the pits of hell. now if only they can get rid of that one-eyed freak..
Jul 25, 2023 6:46 AM

Nov 2010
That is a very cool twist! So that solves the mystery of how Hagoromo was able to get so close to Rihan and assassinate him, but it looks like she was manipulated to do that. I'm still very curious about the true identity of that Jizou guy.

I feel bad for Hagoromo. She's the real loser here. She's had to suffer dying over and over to be with her "son" Seimei, but in the end, he just used and discarded her to achieve true immortality. It sucks to be a parent.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 15 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 16, 2011

13 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 9, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 3 Discussion

Nayrael - Jul 17, 2011

46 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 18, 2011

102 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:14 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 23 Discussion

lc94 - Dec 16, 2011

28 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

17 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.