Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2011 6:14 AM
May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Partying in the Celestial Realm. So much for training.
Dec 2, 2011 6:29 AM

Sep 2011
Absolutely don't even know how to react, I swear this damned author better do something major to fix this...like another time distortion or like a random last minute 7year powerup, and if he just throws them into the tournament and THEY win I'm done with fairy tail because that's not possible for them to win any way shape or form....ahhhhhh!!!!
Dec 2, 2011 7:09 AM

Jun 2011
Already see that one coming when they said they wanna have a party there. I wonder if Libra and Pieces were also at that party...

Hopefully Hiro Mashima didn't prolong these filler chapters and continue with the Grand Magic Fight Battle arc in the next chapter~
Dec 2, 2011 7:20 AM

Sep 2007
Yes it's better to go for the fight arc now.
Dec 2, 2011 7:26 AM

Oct 2010
Solid training session
Dec 2, 2011 7:28 AM

Jul 2009
Eh it'll be like always, they'll win because of "power of love & friendship". I'm tired about that, I'd prefer hard training and then fair battle one vs one... (Ahh.. FT battles- "10 vs 1 bad hero")
Dec 2, 2011 7:38 AM

Oct 2007
Saw that coming.
Dec 2, 2011 7:49 AM

Jan 2010
page 4 - wtf celestial realm? ook...
page 20 - lol 3 months? ok i agreed, it was funny
next chapter - the grand magic fight battle arc~
Dec 2, 2011 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
Like many people, I too saw this coming - a fast track to th arena.
Now that our mains are being rushed into battle; I'm sure the author is relying on us being immature enough to view them sail threw to victory, taking into account:
- the guilds lowly rank
- no training in over seven years (including the three months)
- the short notice
- the training the opposition has undergone
and lable them 'flawless', 'the best of the best' - I'm betting Natsu has somehow mastered 'his' 'electro fire' ability too.
I'm personally too old for such writing tactic's aimed at the impressionable...
Not too old for the manga; don't get me wrong, I like it, I just think the author could do better.

Another predictable element was the 'same old faces' in a vital situation when the author could have used anyone.
I personally would have prefered Lucy to have gone to the summon dimension alone - it'd be good to see her as centre of attention for a bit and actually have her learn/uncover something new; it's easy to forget she's still pretty much a newbie.

Dec 2, 2011 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
lolol they probably knew but felt like trolling
Dec 2, 2011 8:57 AM

Feb 2009
lol i think they were trying to trick people into thinking it was gonna be like dbz style of training xD
using the Celestial Realm, to slow down time so they can train and catch up to everyone
mayweather p4p king

Dec 2, 2011 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
We got trolled by the author.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Dec 2, 2011 9:10 AM
Oct 2011
i feel so bad for wendy at page 20 she was crying
this chapter is funny i mean we got trolled lolz XD
PG4 - oh now we get to see the celestial realm ok...
PG13 - natsu was funny as heck when he was found out what the food was made out of and juvia was funny too
PG 20- TROLLED XD
Dec 2, 2011 9:39 AM

Jan 2011
Rotfl! That last page made me laugh!
Oh well! Onto the fight!! XD
Dec 2, 2011 9:55 AM

Aug 2007
Worst troll in the history of manga. Or at least it's getting in the top ten. WTF?
Dec 2, 2011 10:02 AM
Sep 2007
This shit is lame.
Hi
Dec 2, 2011 10:02 AM

Apr 2011
Hmph. Nothing good happened. A party in the celestial realm???!!! What is that? I like reading Fairy Tail but since the 7 time skip, the story development is such a mess. :(
Dec 2, 2011 10:09 AM

Apr 2011
Ok...1 day in the spirits world=3 months in ft world...Bye-bye training...
What was that??? Now how they are suppose to win??? With friendiship power again???
Anyway, I want to see how Mashima is going to make Natsu and the others who lost their 3 months training to win...=.=
Dec 2, 2011 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
1 day = 3 months doesn't make much sense. If Lucy can only summon certain spirits certain days. Then wouldn't that just mean that she's summoning the spirits like every 5-10 minutes in their world?
Dec 2, 2011 10:25 AM
Mar 2011
still kinda better than Bleach atm....
but this chapter felt way too forced
Dec 2, 2011 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
well they still have 5 more days to train

Dec 2, 2011 10:34 AM
Jul 2010
fairy tail why u so bad?
Dec 2, 2011 10:35 AM

Dec 2010
Why was this so predictable...the further I read, the more I get dissapointed...

Dec 2, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2011
This is why I only read Fairy Tail for the characters.The story is complete shi-.
I was expecting Hiro to attempt some training,BUT that no happen.I hope the ones who actually trained ARE the ones who win the tournament.If these guys are in a battle match,I hope they lose cause they are behind by 7 years AND 3 months.
Well,let's expect Natsu to continue to get power from other people.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Dec 2, 2011 12:35 PM
May 2011
I don't care much for the 3 months anyway. I loved the chapter. I started freakin' lol-ing once I saw their face expression when they found out that 1 day = 3 months xD looooooool. omg so funny.
ban1o.jpg
Dec 2, 2011 12:40 PM

Aug 2011
Three months without training ... Hmmm ... Willpower can accomplish a lot, but without exaggeration. I hope that other groups of FT trained harder. :)
"Embrace each morning as your last, so you may die in the evening free of regret."
Dec 2, 2011 12:55 PM

May 2010
Haha! This chapter was so sweet and hilarious, but i didn't think there training time wouldn't happen. XD
When Lucy's maid said something was wrong, my first thought was "Oh gosh! A Celestial Realm Arc before the big Fairy Taill battle Arc! :O" But it didn't happen. xD
5/5
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 2, 2011 12:55 PM

May 2008
Loved Juvia and Aquarius xD
Well, another time skip.... kind of liked it~
Dec 2, 2011 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
...sorry... What.? I.. mean... whaat?

this could be really good chapter and apparently resolve 7ys gap problem, but okay, you prefer trolling that's fine with me , but I feel so stupid reading somehow.
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Dec 2, 2011 1:54 PM

Jan 2010
saw that coming lol
so much for training
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Dec 2, 2011 2:55 PM

Oct 2007
"One day in the human realm is 1 year here right?"
"Nope, 1 day in the celestial realm is equal to 3 months in the human world"

Ultimate DBZ troll, hilarious!
Dec 2, 2011 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
lol, I expect that the in the celestial spirit world would go faster. It was kinda forced though... funny but forced.
Dec 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
I knew it. You will never see a training arc in this manga. Getting sick of this honestly.
Dec 2, 2011 3:23 PM

Oct 2010
zabimaru12 said:
still kinda better than Bleach atm....
but this chapter felt way too forced

Something must be wrong with you if you think this is better than Bleach atm. Bleach is not the best but it sure is better than nakama power up FT. Especially in character development and story.

This chapter was shit it was a filler no matter how you look at it. Author should take a one month break to get all this ideas together. I mean thats what the other big 3 do. Now that i think about it has FT ever took a break.
Dec 2, 2011 3:28 PM
Jun 2010
LMAO that troll was hilarious. Had me laughing IRL. I hope they don't win when they go to the tournament though. It's pretty hard to believe that in 7 years time they will still end up winning. I'd be mad if that happened especially since they only had 1 day of training. This mangaka is probably going to have to pull something out of his ass in order for them to get stronger. I don't want to see another, I want to protect my nakama or power of friendship kind of bullshit leading to their victory. In 7 years of other people getting stronger fairy tail should be able to get their ass handed to them without proper training IMO.

Anyways good chapter. The troll made my day :)

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Dec 2, 2011 3:31 PM

May 2009
Training? Screw training. Let's jump right to the tournament.
Dec 2, 2011 3:32 PM

Oct 2010
Ollyx2OxenFree said:
LMAO that troll was hilarious. Had me laughing IRL. I hope they don't win when they go to the tournament though. It's pretty hard to believe that in 7 years time they will still end up winning. I'd be mad if that happened especially since they only had 1 day of training. This mangaka is probably going to have to pull something out of his ass in order for them to get stronger. I don't want to see another, I want to protect my nakama or power of friendship kind of bullshit leading to their victory. In 7 years of other people getting stronger fairy tail should be able to get their ass handed to them without proper training IMO.

Anyways good chapter. The troll made my day :)

LMFAO

You know they will pull some nakama power up bullshit. I wouldnt be surprise if Gray give Natsu some power this time. I hope they get demolished in the 1st round. You know they going to make it to the finals and probably barely lose.
Dec 2, 2011 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
What the fuck was the point of this chapter
Dec 2, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
Virgo ~Heh heh~

WOw so many Nicolas haha

Haha and Aquarius and Juvia

lol 1 day is 5days in human world
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 2, 2011 4:24 PM

Dec 2009
It's a joke, right?
I still can't believe what I just read :|
Dec 2, 2011 4:39 PM

Dec 2009
Another time skip? How many years or months has passed since they went to the spirit world?
Dec 2, 2011 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
Linkark07 said:
Another time skip? How many years or months has passed since they went to the spirit world?

Nearly three months.

I admit that I thought it was kind of funny to be trolled with the whole 1 day in the celestial realm = 3 months in the human world when this whole time we've only ever gotten the DBZ and Bleach 1 day in this realm = 1 minute in the regular world. It was a very interesting reversal, and I respect that.

However, like everyone else, I'm getting tired of the "we win because we're the main characters and have family/friendship on our side" wins. You know what I'd like to see? They try and pull the crap off in the tournament, and have their asses handed to them because the opposition isn't evil and they too have the same trolling powerups. Then again, that'd probably just lead to some stupid "our FT family's bond is stronger than yours so we win" victory so I'm just going to shut up before I give the artist any more dumb ideas.

Didn't hate the chapter, but sure didn't love it either. I'll grit my teeth and bare it a little longer to see what happens.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 2, 2011 5:32 PM

Nov 2007
Gradation said:
1 day = 3 months doesn't make much sense. If Lucy can only summon certain spirits certain days. Then wouldn't that just mean that she's summoning the spirits like every 5-10 minutes in their world?
THIS! Seriously. No wonder Aquarius is always so angry, wtf. It just reeks of asspull.

Honestly, I was pretty happy with the start of this chapter. "Yay, things are going well and they're making PROGRESS" but it did seem too good to be true... Argh, this is so ridiculous.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 2, 2011 5:49 PM

Feb 2010
WTF TIME SKIP AGAIN.

One chapter of time skip is easier to draw than 3 months of training, is it??
This is then what I call 'ran out of ideas'.

That bullshit aside..
LOL@ wendy and levy.
"I dont like that spirit."
"Me neither."
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Dec 2, 2011 5:56 PM

Mar 2008
Mashima has been playing Mario Galaxy.

Funny chapter.

icegenie said:
LOL@ wendy and levy.
"I dont like that spirit."
"Me neither."

I'd like to see a Spirit Realm mini arc. The realm looked very interesting.

And it's good that they didn't train. If they did, they would get overpower again and the time skip would've been for nothing.
Dec 2, 2011 6:41 PM

Oct 2008
3 months have passed...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--- I laughed so hard.This chapter, actually.
Dec 2, 2011 7:19 PM
Jun 2010
Zinvince said:
Virgo ~Heh heh~

WOw so many Nicolas haha

Haha and Aquarius and Juvia

lol 1 day is 5days in human world

no it's 3 months and now they have 5 days left till the tournament.

bonifide said:

You know they will pull some nakama power up bullshit. I wouldnt be surprise if Gray give Natsu some power this time. I hope they get demolished in the 1st round. You know they going to make it to the finals and probably barely lose.

Lol yeah. Natsu will become an ice dragon slayer or maybe the ice will mix with the fire and he'll be a water dragon slayer. LMAO I honestly didn't like the fact that he still had lightning powers but since the time skip didn't affect them at all I thought, heh maybe he still has it since it wasn't that long since he's obtained it before acnologia attacked or w.e. it was called. Don't understand how eating lightning means that he can keep it. He ate the lacryma too back when he fought gerald. Did he stay strong from that? Starting to hate that concept.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Dec 2, 2011 7:54 PM

May 2008
This chapter was pretty good actually. Im tired of the generic training sessions they always have in shounen manga anyway. Fight > Lose > Train > Fight > Win. So having lesser time to train will at least make the fighting more tense rather then everyone powering up and owning the whole tournament anyway.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 2, 2011 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
Awesome chapter. They might have been powered up by that Celestial World trip if only by Spirit King Magical aura alone. They trained 1 day and rested almost 3 month eating celestial food, being surrounded by celestial magic. Levi even got some Celestial book. They still might make it.

Problem is 7yearsback team has no idea what they will have to do in the whole magic tournament. Hope they loose badly and those two new Dragon Slayers will show them how its done.

I believe that the whole Celestial World trip wasn't a waste of time HAHAHAHA! lol waste of time...
Dec 2, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
greenmush said:
This chapter was pretty good actually. Im tired of the generic training sessions they always have in shounen manga anyway. Fight > Lose > Train > Fight > Win. So having lesser time to train will at least make the fighting more tense rather then everyone powering up and owning the whole tournament anyway.

Naw dont fight wont be more tense. You know it will be all about Nakama power-ups. I guarantee Natsu will get another element i bet he will be able to use lava sooner or later off some bullshit like always. I mean they dont have to show the training at all what most of us want is them to train. I wouldnt mind a party as long as we knew they trained.

I just hope that crazy dragon ruin the whole tournament which he probably will and kill some people. Im so evil. LOL
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.