Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2011 1:46 PM

Oct 2011
i have seen FMP and the 2nd raid, skipping fumoffu because i was under the impression it was school life filler. However, i see that on a lot of review sites fumoffu has recieved higher ratings than the orginal series.

What am i missing out on MAL?
Nov 2, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
its a comedy, i think second raid is way better but this is just a fun romantic comedy thats very very funny at times

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 18, 2012 2:30 PM
Mar 2009
imo, this is the best series because its for the most part all Chidori and sousuke . I despise tessa and how she pushed Chidori when trying to give him CPR.
Sep 12, 2012 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
Bit confused myself, so all in all .. You should as I've done start out with !"Full Metal Panic"
Then go for Fumoffu and The Second Raid after that again, or doesn't it matter at all?

Errr

Edit: I do think I've figured this out, second raid is the "real" second season or well all season are different parts, whatever.. I'm off, gn.
RoariSep 12, 2012 5:43 PM
Sep 12, 2012 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
Statistically there are more moe blobs than military anime fans, so it's logical a comedy shows receives a higher mark. Don't trust ratings. I admit, it was good comedy though.
Dec 24, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
well if you are old like me(25) this series is not bad, but some part feel very childish, so i prefer full metal panic and the second raid over this one, dont get me wrong the show is still funny but parts with the fumo fumo fumo is not really fun for me, most people watching anime are between 12-18 years olds anyway, so i can understand why it got a good rating
May 26, 2014 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
well, this is kind of a similar situation to 'Carnival Phantasm", since the parent animes are very serious ones, it can cause tension and sometimes bring some viewers to be very uncomfortable. It's nice to take a break once in awhile then get back too work. The fact that it was a comedy based off relatively serious characters puts in a 'Gap Moe' effect. Where a person or character is forced to act completely opposite to their original personality puts a sort of adorableness and cuteness level to it. Like a big buff intimidating seasoned war veteran taking care of a baby rabbit he saved from the fields of justice or something.
"It's our job as normal humans to make sure the potential on those misunderstood one is realized" - No Game No Life, Sora
Feb 16, 2016 9:09 AM

May 2014
This is just a romcom?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 17, 2016 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
^It is a comedy, but it's not really romantic.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Feb 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
daky-kun said:
^It is a comedy, but it's not really romantic.

Well, if you consider the limitations they were under while making it (things couldn't really develop in this bc it's not plot driven/it's a spin off), there is still a considerable amount of cute and romantic moments between Sousuke and Kaname, just nothing ground breaking. ;b
(Tessa doesn't count bc she's hardly a threat to begin with, plus I still don't understand why most of her 'romantic' moments with Sousuke involve her sexually harassing him. > >)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 24, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2014
Because Full Metal Panic is passable as a comedy but underwhelming as a military thriller.
Signature is too edgy for me.
Oct 12, 2017 12:21 PM
May 2012
Kmolson said:
Because Full Metal Panic is passable as a comedy but underwhelming as a military thriller.

exactly. it should have just been comedy.
Nov 10, 2017 6:31 AM
Dec 2013
It's absolutely hilarious, one of my favorite comedy animes. It takes the fantastic cast from the original FMP and turns up Sosuke's sheltered and paranoid lifestyle up to 11 while he lives a normal high school life.

Original FMP was a decent show with a great cast. This gets rid of all the mecha nonsense that dragged down the original show.
Mar 1, 2018 11:06 PM
Sep 2011
Kmolson said:

Exactly. Even the comedy sequences within the original were the best aspect to the season. Gauron starts to grate after a while as a villain, and emo-Sagara from late Second Raid was just irritating.

There are also countless series that handle mecha FAR better than FMP anyway.
Dec 16, 2018 8:52 PM

Aug 2017
SwordParty said:
i have seen FMP and the 2nd raid, skipping fumoffu because i was under the impression it was school life filler. However, i see that on a lot of review sites fumoffu has recieved higher ratings than the orginal series.

Fumoffu is the best in the FMP lineup. Head and shoulders above season 1, second raid and new Invisible Victory. Much more fun and charm in Fumoffu. It's one of my favorites ever. Fumoffu should not be missed.
Tengai said:
exactly. it should have just been comedy.

Invisible Victory would have been passable if they had put more comedy instead of all the serious drama and killing.
Dec 18, 2018 11:02 AM
Dec 2018
TrumpMD said:
SwordParty said:

Fumoffu is the best in the FMP lineup. Head and shoulders above season 1, second raid and new Invisible Victory. Much more fun and charm in Fumoffu. It's one of my favorites ever. Fumoffu should not be missed.

Congrats for responding to a seven year old post which has been posted by a user who hasn't accessed his account since 2016. That was very helpful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 25, 2008

88 by Acctra »»
Apr 20, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Apr 25, 2008

54 by Acctra »»
Feb 10, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trie - Jan 5, 2008

85 by paternoaka44403 »»
Feb 2, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Episode 11 Discussion

WinterNightsFall - Jul 25, 2008

44 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Episode 10 Discussion

WinterNightsFall - Jul 24, 2008

47 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.