Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 6, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
gc said:

I think the captain is a pretentious self-righteous bitch. In fact most of the crew is. Akiyuki hardly did any wrong, but he's getting punished because he's not doing everything perfectly.

That's what I didn't like about Eureka Seven, either. People on high horses feeling like they need to throw their authority around (Holland, Talho) when in fact it's just childish and immature in itself. Renton did get out of control at times but I don't think he needed to be scolded every episode. It's the same with Akiyuki as well.

I certainly hope the series doesn't get dragged out by this constant little war between the newcomer and the rest of the crew just like with E7.

I agree with you. Most of the crew members are insensitive bigots. Akiyuki has no memory of what happened when he was in Xam'd form. The least they could have done was offer him a decent explanation of the situation. Instead, they've treated him like scum from the time he woke up. That's why someone as kind and light-hearted as Akiyuki (shown in the first episode) has a hostile attitude towards them. How would you feel if you were separated from your home, family, and friends, and you were forced to work for jerks you don't even know? I'm pretty sure mostly anyone in that situation would be bitter and unwilling to follow through with the crew members' commands. What do they take him for anyways? Some mindless droid who will comply with their every demands? So far, of the crew members, I only like Yunbo. The rest of them have been regarding Akiyuki like some prisoner of war.

It was frustrating to watch some sections of E7 because of the way Renton was unjustly treated by other crew members. I hope this series won't make me relive that experience.
MischievousGhostMar 6, 2015 11:36 AM
Oct 17, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2012
Finally he said thank u

Jan 10, 2022 11:02 PM

Jun 2017
I hope they are going to explain what xam'd is. Bones is known to keep things vague and confusing for their original anime.
Jul 2, 2023 6:25 PM
Jan 2018
Akiyuki doesn't need to get into the robot. But there is obviously a reason why he is where he is. Saying thank you shouldn't be so hard for him. I get feeling like a prisoner isn't great. But your is wrapped with all this mystic stuff. ANd your world has monsters and mystery. It even has flying ships. Right now isn't the time to be skeptic. But I guess the new guy has to hazed when he joins the crew.

Also the grenade launcher was petty cool.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 3, 2009

243 by Erdgeist »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 25 Discussion

Esquire - Jan 28, 2009

47 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 21, 2009

48 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 23 Discussion

daveid9001 - Jan 14, 2009

45 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daveid9001 - Jan 7, 2009

50 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.