Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2011 3:55 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
He seemed to move on pretty quickly..
Feb 20, 2012 7:17 AM

Feb 2009
Well, I don't think so, he is wearing a suit and he seems older, so it's more like "10 years later...", but they could focus a little on his recovery and how he deals with it.

I'm a little disappointed with this manga, I love tragedies and sad stories, but this one didn't make me go all Carpe Diem. Maybe because I like more realistic characters too, I mean, when she starts to change he could be a little scared too, he's human and it's just natural... But it was cute, "A Walk To Remember" style.
Apr 19, 2016 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
It was actually pretty good. I quite liked it. I would have cried if I wasn't on public transit.

I really like that he was able to move on afterwards in a realistic way!

7/10
Will check out the books.
Nov 11, 2017 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
Wow a whole tearjerker. Really enjoyed all five chapters ever for me that I am not much of an angst lover.
Jul 27, 2021 10:44 AM
Jul 2020
Honestly, this manga made me cry! It makes me want to read the novel now!!

I know novels are generally always better; but I did enjoy the execution of this manga and how things were handled. It probably would’ve been nicer if it was more than just one volume to cover more from the book. I think the emotions were at least justified here.

At the end of the day Saku had to move on with his life, especially as he becomes an adult. So I’m not sure why people in this thread are judging him for “moving on fast”. First of all it wasn’t “fast” when the timeline fast forwarded to 12 years later. He also literally went into detail that Aki wouldve wanted him to move on. Can we just be realistic for one minute? Lol
azenobioSep 7, 2022 5:57 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Socrates in Love Chapter 1 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Oct 19, 2011

1 by hik1komori »»
Sep 1, 2022 12:42 PM

Poll: » Socrates in Love Chapter 4 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Oct 19, 2011 3:50 AM

Poll: » Socrates in Love Chapter 3 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Oct 19, 2011 3:45 AM

Poll: » Socrates in Love Chapter 2 Discussion

0 by AlexSadist-sama »»
Oct 19, 2011 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.