Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2011 8:04 PM

Nov 2010
Only thing that i was disappointed with was that the song in the pv wasnt included!!
Atleast it will be the ED for the coming episodes
Oct 15, 2011 8:22 PM

Nov 2010
ImagineThat said:
Replaces ben-to as my favorite opening ep. Fantastic OST, art and the directing was well done too. I was afraid that Shu was going to be a stereotypical wimp who wont fight and instead deliver's cliche speeches and tears. So i'm happy that i was wrong and knocking on wood that any angst that does come is not unbearable.
While there are some similarities, i wasn't getting the Code Geass vibe much. It felt more like Final Fantasy to me but i know nowadays its trendy to bash CG so i guess any similarities wont bold well for alot of people.

eh not really. the people that were disappointed with the 1st epi mostly feels that it's just a cheap Geass wannabe.
Oct 15, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2011
I think they're welcome to think that after the 5th or so episode if it doesn't change. I strongly think it will, it already feels different.

The powers are completely different too, so even if they wanted it to be, it can't be a copy of CG.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 15, 2011 9:11 PM

Dec 2010
As i mentioned before in this forum, thought the first episode was amazing but i would like to note for those who are already hating on Shu's character, from what i have seen in anime and in this show, his character isn't really that bad, i mean there are some really bad anti social characters like Shinji Ikari and such, now he could very well turn into that type of character but based on the first episode he took a step which usually takes other generic antisocial characters 10 episodes (if your lucky :/) to take. Well anyway like mentioned in another forum i think all those flashbacks he had show a lot of promise for plot development, and I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 15, 2011 9:19 PM

Feb 2010
Soldiers not investigating shu was so retarded...
Oct 15, 2011 9:28 PM

Sep 2010
first episode was great! im itching to find out in the next several episodes what the connection is between shu, inori, and gai (because of the flashbacks he had). its a damn nail biter lol.
Oct 15, 2011 10:21 PM
Jun 2008
BRSxIgnition said:

Here it is again for you: "Once he gets the power, you can still tell he's not suddenly Bad-ass. Even when he first blocks the missiles, he shows the very human reaction of looking behind him and asking himself: "Did I really f*cking do that..!?". Once he sees it charging at him, he feels powerful after what he did, and takes a chance. I'm pretty sure, that judging by the look on his face when he does it, as well as his face after (just before the ED), he's still asking himself: "How the f*ck did I just do that..."."
Any more questions?

yes , I have. First of all my critic is about BEFORE he get his demi god power.
and also, the terrorist is a bit too trustful to him.they know he is just a normal person but they still ask him to protect the package ..
Anyway, I enjoying the episode , but I felt like I should download the Anime instead of streaming it at Himado.The comment there made me laugh till my tear drop lol
Oct 15, 2011 10:48 PM

Oct 2011
I guess they were a bit trusting, but Shu was the only one left around Fyu Nell who could do it.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Oct 15, 2011 11:41 PM
Oct 2007
Amazing soundtracks and animation. Awesome start for the show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2011 12:22 AM

Oct 2011
I have to say, if there's anything that I dislike about this show, it's how sexualised the girls are.

I mean, I would love for them to explain why Inori is stealing government technology in the same costume she uses in her videos, and I'd like to learn why Ayase gasps so submissively when her mech is rammed. Etc Etc...

My two guesses on how those will be explained is that Inori's suit has cloaking built in, probably to do with all those loose hanging pieces. And that Ayase has a special connection to the mech, complimentary from Tsugumi, that lets her feel things like that, since she's usually in a wheelchair.

But still...
Oct 16, 2011 4:27 AM
Jun 2008
so.... her name is called Ayase. She is sleeping in the mech and I thought that was a random scene of her getting fuck when I watch.

I think second episode will more calm
Oct 16, 2011 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
@BRS- i think the reason why she suddenly gasps or smthin is because the mecha is directly connected to her nerves and the mecha got hit so it caused her to get hurt as well?
Oct 16, 2011 5:41 AM
Sep 2011
Only thing that impressed me was the animation. Everything else was average. The missile dodging was pretty unbelievable and I'm tired of weak pansy dudes getting beautiful women. Also tired of women in combat hardly wearing any clothes. ugh.
Oct 16, 2011 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
BRSxIgnition said:http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4793/guiltycrownfbdate2.jpg
I will give a cookie to whomever can figure out what this says, the original screenshotter couldn't find a clear frame for these.

Not sure if someone already replied to this, but that looks like 83156 1-10 to me.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 16, 2011 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
like it
but it don't show you what kind of anime these one is

boy meat girls then shit hapend is over used plot but it is great

*watching neXt 2ep at last*
Oct 16, 2011 8:22 AM

May 2008
The setting is so cliché but I hope the story will not be. The animation and the bgm is great though~
Oct 16, 2011 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
The songs used in this anime is GREAT! especially the end where the music started playing when the guy is about to take out his weapon.

Animation is splendid as well, cant wait for next episode.

Also i noticed the massive increase of 20+ episode animes this season AWESOME!
Oct 16, 2011 11:07 AM

Oct 2009
Just watched the first episode, it was awesome!
Oct 16, 2011 12:29 PM

Feb 2009
Holy shit @ Inori already having 70 favourites on here.
Oct 16, 2011 1:20 PM
Apr 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
I have to say, if there's anything that I dislike about this show, it's how sexualised the girls are.
I mean, I would love for them to explain why Inori is stealing government technology in the same costume she uses in her videos, and I'd like to learn why Ayase gasps so submissively when her mech is rammed. Etc Etc...
My two guesses on how those will be explained is that Inori's suit has cloaking built in, probably to do with all those loose hanging pieces. And that Ayase has a special connection to the mech, complimentary from Tsugumi, that lets her feel things like that, since she's usually in a wheelchair.
But still...

I actually like submissive women and sexualized female characters. Inori is fucking hot. The women in these anime are little more than sex objects anyway. Ecchi in and of itself is awesome. It only becomes bad when ecchi is used to excuse a bad plot and/or bad lead character, which happens often unfortunately.

The main thing I don't like is the whole "wimpy guy gets awesome power just handed to him" cliche used yet again.
Oct 16, 2011 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
AGH-RMS said:
This is going to be the Anime of the decade.
its only 2011 dude, plus they need to top steins gate in order to get that which will be hard, grnated we all thought nothing would top FMA back in 03 and it still got topped so we will see

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 16, 2011 3:00 PM

Oct 2009
This was quite exciting. Can't wait to watch more!
Oct 16, 2011 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
I know this would be popular but. DAMN!! 17 pages on the first episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder hows the reception in japan? Btw inori is very pretty indeed....
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 16, 2011 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
To those that think terrorists = too trustful. OBVIOUSLY they knew him from before......
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 16, 2011 4:05 PM
Apr 2011
Can't wait for some Inori hentai doujinshi to come out. Gonna be fapping hard to that shit for sure.

Gai is pretty awesome too. Him and Inori are my fave characters so far.
Oct 16, 2011 5:19 PM

Oct 2008
This is definitely one of my favorite shows so far this fall. The music is great, the animation is top notch and the first episode episode was really interesting... although i can agree that the whole pulling weapons out of a girls chest thing is getting kinda old
Oct 16, 2011 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
perhaps one of the best episode 1s I have seen ever. The art was amazing and the characters just wow!
I love random messages! :D
Oct 16, 2011 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
I've made my list of Pros and Cons of this anime, and here they are:

PROS:
- God-Tier Animation
- God-Tier Music
- Redjuice Character Designs are win.
- Voice Acting matches ever character perfectly.
- 'DEM TSUGUMI TECHNO NEKO-MIMI.
- Character progression already showing promise.
- Breathtaking city vistas.
- Shu's vision hints towards a deeper plot later on.

CONS:
- Slightly over-sexualized female characters.
- 'DEM MISSING PLOTS.
- Would have preferred animated mechs, rather than CG mechs.

I'll be looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully it talks more about the story, and can differentiate itself a bit more from Code Geass, and hopefully it keeps the quality up.
Oct 16, 2011 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
Whoa.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 16, 2011 9:16 PM

Apr 2009
I guess this is Guilty Corny. The characters suddenly do this and that (not enough narration in the plot). The part where an annoying woman in pink hair sings is a turn-down as well. Most of all, the I-could-not-save-the-world-because-I'm-a-coward is very much a cliche.

Nevertheless, cool graphics.
Oct 16, 2011 9:29 PM

Jan 2008
hmm, reminds me of a future sci-fi version of Shining Tears X Wind...and I like it =3 I would totally buy this on DVD and/or BD since it looks awesome...depending on the ending that is...b/c that can really bum it down a bit on how much people would like it overall...like cliff hanger endings with canceled or no sequels. Hopefully this won't be one of those.
Oct 16, 2011 9:57 PM
Mar 2009
Animation and music was pretty beast.

But then...wow, the similarities between this and Code Geass were lulzy. I asked the producers about it at NYAF and they just gave me an ambiguous answer.

-Area 24 --> Area 11
-Inori --> C.C.
-Gai --> Lelouch
-"Power of Kings." Hmm, where have I heard of that before? Wait a minute! I remember C.C. saying that exact same thing to Lelouch.
-Even their school uniforms looked so damn similar
-The mechs looked like Knightmare frames with some changes.
-Hell, even the symbol looks like the Code Geass symbol.

Story so far is not so appealing and Shu is annoying as hell already.
Oct 16, 2011 10:06 PM

May 2010
^ And... how did you manage to watch 2 episodes again?
To everybody: I have a little request. (OK, not too little) Can anybody be so kind extract the insert song out and edit the unneeded sound effects? I'd be really grateful.
Oct 17, 2011 12:57 AM
Feb 2009
really good 1st ep :)
Oct 17, 2011 1:24 AM

May 2010
i love how some idiots are already talking shit after 1 episode, how much development do this retards expect in 20 minutes? this isnt a freaking movie, its a series, 22 episodes, make your stupid review AFTER its done, MAL need to make it possible to make reviews only after they watched the whole show
Oct 17, 2011 2:50 AM

Jan 2010
Liked Inori, but Don't like Shuu.
Liked the music and the animation but didn't like the plot that much, it's cliched but still decent as well.
I don't care about anime ratings, Coz what's good for me is good.. Ratings can be manipulated by trolls anyway so who cares about that?.. Some good anime are at the bottom, some crappy anime are at the top *cough* LOTGH *cough* .. peace ^_^V
Oct 17, 2011 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
ChronosXIII said:
Animation and music was pretty beast.
But then...wow, the similarities between this and Code Geass were lulzy. I asked the producers about it at NYAF and they just gave me an ambiguous answer.
-Area 24 --> Area 11
-Inori --> C.C.
-Gai --> Lelouch
-"Power of Kings." Hmm, where have I heard of that before? Wait a minute! I remember C.C. saying that exact same thing to Lelouch.
-Even their school uniforms looked so damn similar
-The mechs looked like Knightmare frames with some changes.
-Hell, even the symbol looks like the Code Geass symbol.
Story so far is not so appealing and Shu is annoying as hell already.

Lelouch would never fight 4 guys alone barehand.
and inori seems nothing like cc.
Oct 17, 2011 5:09 AM
Oct 2011
The music is awesome! super love it ^^...so far so good...i guess there are substance in this anime..just hope it doesnt fail my expectation...
Oct 17, 2011 5:13 AM
Nov 2008
a_l_2606 said:
^ And... how did you manage to watch 2 episodes again?
To everybody: I have a little request. (OK, not too little) Can anybody be so kind extract the insert song out and edit the unneeded sound effects? I'd be really grateful.

He said he was at NYAF.
Oct 17, 2011 5:24 AM

May 2010
Better than I expected, I think this anime has a lot more incredible things to show !!
Oct 17, 2011 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
YEX said:
Better than I expected, I think this anime has a lot more incredible things to show !!

Agreed, something like supercell or supercell or supercell or supercell or supercell
Oct 17, 2011 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
After seeing episode one i can clearly see that this anime has a ton of potential. I just hope that it heads in the right direction. With 22 episodes, it's not a short anime but its also not long. The art was amazing and the story was compelling. I can't wait to see more.
Oct 17, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Lots of clichés and ideas of other series blend together. Also, the fanservice pissed the hell out of me. Half-naked singing girl sounds like a tipycal retard fanservice girl, and loser protagonist failed to impress me. However, the animation was quite good, and the plot has an interesting premise....Besides, it's noitaminA, so there's a good chance that this will improve with time. Guess I'll keep watching....for now.
Stelmaria.png
Oct 17, 2011 1:56 PM

May 2008
Went to this episode with no expectations, i wasn't disappointed, it was crap.
Oct 17, 2011 2:50 PM

May 2011
This looks to be a great anime. Love the art, it looks really nice. The music was awesome and the plot looks pretty interesting. All the character designs looks great and the animation was pretty good.

I love Inori already, not so sure about Shu yet though. I gotta admit I was pretty lost in the last couple minutes... what the heck happened? Hope they explain what's going on next week cause I got alotta questions.
Oct 17, 2011 3:54 PM

Jan 2010
allflying said:
YEX said:Better than I expected, I think this anime has a lot more incredible things to show !!
Oct 17, 2011 4:46 PM
May 2011
TrueUchiha said:
i love how some idiots are already talking shit after 1 episode, how much development do this retards expect in 20 minutes? this isnt a freaking movie, its a series, 22 episodes, make your stupid review AFTER its done, MAL need to make it possible to make reviews only after they watched the whole show

Haha xD this. THIS RIGHT HERE XD.
ban1o.jpg
Oct 17, 2011 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
My new favorite show...

THIS WAS AMAZING!!
Oct 17, 2011 6:53 PM

Jul 2011
Shoot me now for actually saying this, but I might just have to put how extraordinarily well put together and cinematic the whole thing was over, well, the complete lack of originality.

The art. I couldn't look away if I wanted.

Although the characters where painfully cookie-cutter, maybe I've just long grown used to the "meh" of anime characters, but I actually was interested by them...so you know... there may be (doomed) hope.

Same goes for the "plot" that somehow managed to catch my interest as predictable as it is.

The music was amazing, I loved the fight scene especially. Although the lyrics to the first song had me rolling my eyes, it really made the opening. But am I the only one thinking they went a little over the top in managing to squeeze A THIRD track in? Seriously guys. No.
Oct 18, 2011 3:13 AM

Aug 2009
Love the music and art. The story is okay for now. 2nd best this season behind of course Fate/Zero.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.