Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2011 8:13 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
3 years of Bakuman!!!!!

Hatori is working pretty hard as an editor. lol

Nanamine has an unlimited supply of money...

And they let him continue? WTF? Just kick him out already.

3rd place? Isn't that a bit too easy for Nanamine?
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Sep 16, 2011 1:01 AM

Feb 2009
Miura is just freaking annoying. And I remember that he's gonna be present in the second season of the anime. Dammit.

Love the color spread.

And I get the feeling that this is turning out a bit like DN. Doesn't matter as long as it's readable.

Last, is that Aoki there, with eyebags?
What happened to her!? щ(゚Д゚щ)
Sep 16, 2011 2:44 AM
Jun 2011
Am I the only one who got bored in this chapter? They should just hire an assasin to kill Nanamine.

Though it's good to see Eiji again and Hiramaru. Editor in chief = Coolest guy!
JCMLSep 16, 2011 3:24 AM
Sep 16, 2011 2:48 AM
Sep 2011
i thought this was a good chapter. the story progresses...kind of.

my biggest peeve at this point, is that they have been stagnant with pcp for awhile now. sure, they got 2nd, but it didn't really...how to say it... last?

the main character development is a little slow, is all im saying. :P

don't get me wrong; i'm still enjoying the story.
Sep 16, 2011 3:15 AM

Feb 2010
this chapter felt like a deja vu haven't we see that already 20 chapter ago and i not seeing a different ending then last time.
Sep 16, 2011 3:37 AM

Dec 2010
It's already 3 years!! i remember i started reading this manga last year around this time..
and i'm almost forgot bakuman anime season 2 next month!

JCML said:
They should just hire an assasin to kill Nanamine.

lol.. maybe al-Qaeda or something like that for more epic.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Sep 16, 2011 6:36 AM

Feb 2011
I mean, it was nice and all...kinda felt like the color pages saved the chapter tho lol.

But its still pretty awkward that Nanamines workers are smart enough to create good manga yet dumb enough to fall for his (lol) acting skills. xD
Sep 16, 2011 7:49 AM

Nov 2008
Will Nanamie reach the top 3? I hope no :P
Sep 16, 2011 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
is anyone else getting bored of this?
tsugumi ohba better pick it up soon or this manga is gonna keep getting worse.

i mean he's been making the same mistakes as he did in death note!
convoluted plot. check
unnecessary dialogue. check
no character/relationship development. check
adding in pointless/annoying characters (death note had misa, bakuman has nakai) check

the only reason death note was able to stay interesting was because of the mystery and suspense.
other than that the second half dragged on.
it looks like bakuman is having the same problem.

i mean there are definitely moments of genius in this manga (just like death note)
but i just think Ohba needs to be more consistent
Sep 16, 2011 8:56 AM

Dec 2010
Looks like things will get interesting
belatkuro said:
Miura is just freaking annoying. And I remember that he's gonna be present in the second season of the anime. Dammit.

Love the color spread.

^ I agree with this Miura is pretty annoying and colour spread looked cool
Sep 16, 2011 10:02 AM

Oct 2010
i'm pretty positive that Nanamine-kun will get on the top3 and i surely want him to :D

it seems that things are finally getting more interesting and if Nanamine-kun does get serialized (and i'm definitely looking forward to see what his next manga will be 'cause i really like 'Classroom of Truth'), i'm looking forward to how Ashirogi-sensei will actually defeat him..
Sep 16, 2011 2:41 PM

May 2011
It was nice to see everybody instead of just looking at Nanamine's face all the time.

I hope this means he'll be gone soon; I'm getting extremely sick of him and his money-manga.

The color pages were nice too. I just love the art. ^_^
Sep 16, 2011 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
Nanamine is becoming a tiring character.
Sep 17, 2011 3:57 AM
Jul 2010
Srsly this kid is gettin more annoying. the 'business' wouldnt even work in the real world.. He is going to be on such a deficit that he woulda been bankrupt within a week surely.

the dadll stop fundin for the spoilt brat and stupid brat will have to grow up. Srsly mangaka tryin to make him out as some typical shonen antagonist in a manga based on much more real life concepts.
Sep 18, 2011 7:55 AM

Oct 2008
This whole thing with nanamine just seems verry similar to the last arc he was in to me.... only difference is that now people know he is not writing the story and the people writing it are in his company and not on the internet
Sep 18, 2011 1:23 PM
May 2010
Bakuman keeps getting worse. I blame Nanamine. Annoying and one-dimensional character. And wasn't this manga supposed to be realistic? There's no way such a retarded "business" would work. He'd already be living under a bridge or something, eating manga and crying.

Hope this awful arc doesn't take long.
Sep 18, 2011 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
Something interesting has been mentioned, how Nanamine is basically following what Ashirogi's piece Money and Intelligence said, that with money, a person can do anything, but nothing has been made of it. Instead of Ashirogi realizing that their work is what made Nanamine the person he is, that they kind of created their own enemy, all they do is shout, "We won't lose to you!" Nobody thinks about anything deep.
Sep 18, 2011 5:04 PM
Mar 2011
belatkuro said:
Last, is that Aoki there, with eyebags?
What happened to her!? щ(゚Д゚щ)

I agree that she doesn't look like herself at all. However, I'd say she still doesn't look unattractive... just sayin'.
Sep 18, 2011 10:39 PM

Aug 2011
Errr, I don't get the idea of paying so much attention to a character like Nanamine; he seemed really interesting at the start, but now he has become just an annoying appeareance who makes the manga itself lost a little bit of seriousness (and direction, also). Someone, please, kill him >__>

Happy three years Bakuman! :D

» Escapism.

Sep 21, 2011 10:27 PM

Mar 2009
This manga is way past its expiration date.
Jul 17, 2012 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
Eiji is the only sane person here! I also think that competing with Nanamine's piece is stupid. I wonder why Ashirogi always want to compete with anyone so badly. They can't even let a shallow person as Nanamine pass. Stooping down to his level makes them pathetic. Oh but I gotta commend the editor-in-chief. He's just awesome! I totally liked how he said things to Nanamine.
Apr 6, 2017 5:55 PM

Jan 2016
I liked seeing all the mangaka overworked lol.

But yeah, I definitely feel like this series has gotten pretty repetitive at this point. It's even starting to feel pretty aimless at times.

But here 6 years in the future from everyone else in this thread, I'm at least able to know that the manga is in fact reaching the end lol.
mintkatApr 6, 2017 5:59 PM
Nov 22, 2021 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
seems to me ohba made here some shortcuts to lead this to the climax, really see it in the story the connivence "twists", sasaki isn't even acting like himself for that sake.

was weird to see aoki with eyebags ...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.