Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

who else had to be talked into watching this show, but are glad they were...

New
Aug 12, 2011 10:19 PM

Aug 2011
basically the same as the tital, who else looked at this show in the spring line up and said something along the lines of

"welp im never watching this" , "oh god this looks awful" "product placement peice of sh*t"

but then were talked into watching it by a friend or a review and now love it.

for me:
Aug 12, 2011 10:22 PM

Dec 2010
I don't think it's 10 level, but yeah it was surprisingly good.
Aug 12, 2011 10:24 PM

Aug 2011
notsureifsrs said:
I don't think it's 10 level, but yeah it was surprisingly good.
im not saying everyone thought it was a 10 level im just asking for those who needed to be talked into watching this and are glad they did

though i do think its a 10 though im very forgiving of flaws as long as the overall product is great, its just like games, i dont care if its not polished or the graphics suck, as long as its enjoyable overall ill still give it a good score
Aug 12, 2011 11:10 PM
Aug 2011
I was enjoying it from the start, Kotetsu's an instantly likeable character. But I didn't expect the plot to go in the direction it has.
Aug 12, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2011
000Hopscotch said:
I was enjoying it from the start, Kotetsu's an instantly likeable character. But I didn't expect the plot to go in the direction it has.
well ayh who doesnt like kotetsu, the guy is just one of the most likable charecters out there, plus it does help to get a older main charecter for once, i never really am bothered by the younger casts in anime but its still a nice change of pace to have a 39 year old main character, age was confirmed at otakon tiger and bunny Q&A panel, not sure if there are videos of it online of it though cause i didnt see any, i wanna see the sunrise panel agian cause theres this one chick with a heavy southern accent going off for abotu 5 full minuetes about

"how mai hime and mai otome fans wnat mroe mai otome, we want a my oteme movie, we want a mai otome ova special, we want a mai otome statues, we want mai otome to cure cancer" ok thos elats 2 wer emade up but she went on for like 5 minuetes in this heavy southern accent about this show,

ok that got off topic but that was seriously the highlight of otakon, this chick would just not shut up

edit, oh shit here it is, a full 3:50 seconds of this
Aug 14, 2011 9:03 AM

Jan 2010
I was originally put off by the name, but I must admit it started to get more and more interesting as the episodes progressed.
Aug 14, 2011 10:08 AM

Sep 2009
Oh I didn't like the whole super hero saving the planet concept but after talking to someone and coming across BL pics of Tiger and Bunny on zerochan I planned to give it a try XD-- And it indeed was a big surprise. Entertaining show, great plot, highly shippable T&B couple and Kotetsu <3
Aug 14, 2011 10:13 AM

Aug 2011
Valentiln said:
Oh I didn't like the whole super hero saving the planet concept but after talking to someone and coming across BL pics of Tiger and Bunny on zerochan I planned to give it a try XD-- And it indeed was a big surprise. Entertaining show, great plot, highly shippable T&B couple and Kotetsu <3
please dont bring in the yaoi ship, though thats way better than the blue rose ship "shivers"
Aug 14, 2011 10:44 AM

May 2010
At first glance I thought this show is gonna be lame but after a after a few episodes I change my mind
Aug 14, 2011 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
Although I chose the second option, it wasn't recommended to me by anyone. I saw the pilot and thought it would be horrible, so I put it off for a while. Around the time when ep. 14 was about to air, I decided to start watching some of the "shitty" airing anime, so I could get them out the way before they finished. T&B was one of them.

Now, Tiger & Bunny is, without a doubt, my all-time favorite anime. And I can't stand the superhero genre.
Aug 14, 2011 11:26 AM

Apr 2011
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
Angel Beats!

...Please be trolling.
Aug 14, 2011 11:28 AM

Sep 2007
Actually, I hadn't heard of Tiger & Bunny until I found this picture. I thought it was very cute, but I didn't really get why exactly the guys in the picture were kissing animals.
However, ''the guy in green'' seemed really likeable to me, so that's why I decided to give the show a try. (I could easily find the series name in the picture's tag list, in case some people were wondering.)

And I'm really glad I did! :D
HiinaAug 14, 2011 11:41 AM
Aug 14, 2011 3:48 PM

Aug 2011
TheComposer said:
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
Angel Beats!

...Please be trolling.
......what the hell are you talking about, that person didnt even post here yet o_o
Aug 14, 2011 3:54 PM

Jul 2010
longshoremanX said:
Valentiln said:
please dont bring in the yaoi ship, though thats way better than the blue rose ship "shivers"

Some people got into it due to shipping *shrugs*

All she did was answer your question.

But yeah I got convinced to watch this by a friend here . Was gonna pass on it since I was watching a lot of airing stuff but by episode three I was hooked. Both the show and Kotetsu now rank amongst my favorites. It's just a lot of fun, each and every Saturday. It's potential 10 material even despite it's flaws, because it is just that enjoyable.
Aug 14, 2011 5:26 PM

Apr 2011
longshoremanX said:
TheComposer said:
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:
Angel Beats!

...Please be trolling.
......what the hell are you talking about, that person didnt even post here yet o_o

That person posted a comment not long before I replied talking about how they were talked into watching AB and ended up liking it. I guess they deleted it. Thankfully.
Aug 14, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2008
I wasn't really talked into watching it...I just started to watch it when I was bored one day and got hooked from episode one. I saw the first 10 episodes that were up at that time in a single day.

The thing I like about this anime is... I really enjoy all of the characters in this series, which is usually quite rare for me...Also the fact that the two main characters are not some annoying teenagers trying to save the world cliche is a plus (it's nice to have some cool adult main characters once in a while)....and the plot is enjoyable as well.
Aug 14, 2011 5:35 PM

Aug 2011
Abbyrose said:
I wasn't really talked into watching it...I just started to watch it when I was bored one day and got hooked from episode one. I saw the first 10 episodes that were up at that time in a single day.

The thing I like about this anime is... I really enjoy all of the characters in this series, which is usually quite rare for me...Also the fact that the two main characters are not some annoying teenagers trying to save the world cliche is a plus (it's nice to have some cool adult main characters once in a while)....and the plot is enjoyable as well.
yah i do like how kotetsu is a 39 year old and not 19 or somthing, like most characters now
Aug 14, 2011 7:00 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, i read the description and was like lolfuckno. Someone told me it was good so i watched the first episode and was continuing on the this shit is bad opinion.

Got bored on a sunday though, and gave it a few more episodes... so glad I did. Turned out to be pretty amazing.
Aug 14, 2011 7:46 PM

Jan 2009
Ive actually been following since episode 1 just like the rest this season.
Aug 15, 2011 1:57 PM

Sep 2009
Yup, I wasn't expecting much. But damn this show is great.
Aug 15, 2011 9:57 PM
Jun 2011
I too found the first episode to be a bit off putting but watched the second and later episodes as soon as they came on. I guess there being a bunch of totally generic and mediocre shows in the season also helped it out a bit.
Sep 6, 2011 9:32 PM

Apr 2008
i try to watch it myself. but like some of you, i did find the title disturbing. The title sounds kind of ecchi (and is still rather 'ecchi' to me, in a good way). but the promotional poster shows otherwise.

I gave it a shot anyway.
the first thing that made me fall in love with the anime is the OP. fun song and lolwhut sponsors?? I gotta say that the first few episodes were a bit boring, but now I don't regret dropping that early. Besides, Kotetsu... in spite of giving me a bad impression initially, is really charming.

tbh, I'm not just watching for the shippin'. The plot is sometimes predictable to me, but seeing an older character being the hero (widowed and with a kid) for once is refreshing.

I needed fellow friends to fangirl with so I gradually 'forced' my peers to watch it. But I didn't really slow talk. I gave them short videos (such as the one entitled "BARNABY DESU")

it works!!
Sep 10, 2011 7:30 PM
Sep 2011
000Hopscotch said:

can't agree more..

The title is actually quite misleading - "Tiger and Bunny" sounds quite lame to be honest...
Sep 11, 2011 12:46 AM

Jun 2010
title made me think it was for little kids(especially the bunny part) and then the advertising part was kind of a turn off even though i know nothing of the anime but a friend of mine was up to date with this anime(about 7 or 8 ish episodes into season at the time) and b/c he said he liked it yea i gave it a shot. even if it's nothing groundbreaking and the plot is super cliche i find myself excited each week just because the characters are likeable(bunny is an exception tho) and premise is interesting once i gave it a chance.
Sep 11, 2011 2:44 AM

Oct 2009
I definitely watched five episodes and wondering why I had so much time on my hands that I could afford to throw two hours away for such a terrible show. I left it for about a month, then a friend wouldn't shut up about it so I watched another episode, and Lunatic drew me in a bit more, and then eventually I was back into it. Really enjoying it now. After that new opening hit I was hooked.
Sep 11, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
I also thought the title was super lame at first and especially seeing how there transformers-like charas in the main pic for the series.....

I started watching it only after all the mangaka and seiyuu that I follow on twitter tweeted about the show every Saturday. Everyone was sooo excited, I thought I was missing out on something and gave it a try. I LOVE it now.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Sep 28, 2011 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
Clous said:
Yeah, i read the description and was like lolfuckno. Someone told me it was good so i watched the first episode and was continuing on the this shit is bad opinion.

Got bored on a sunday though, and gave it a few more episodes... so glad I did. Turned out to be pretty amazing.

My experience was mostly the same. The thing that kept me away wasn't only the name. It kept getting different classifications which confused the fuck out of me. It was superpowered, then mecha, then paranormal, then romantic. @_@ I HATE 3 of those classifications.

I only perked up when my friend informed me that the main character was a 39 year old nonbishie, so I downloaded it.

I only watched it one night when I had insomnia. I was pleasantly surprised
Apr 1, 2012 5:24 AM

Oct 2011
A friend on another website recommended it to me (I considered it more than other recommendations since we have the same sense of humour, taste in anime and we're the same age) so I read the synopsis here and said "...Are you trolling me?"

I thought it looked HORRIBLE.

But she was sincere and said that I HAVE to give it 3 episodes.

The first episode had me hooked.

For that I am eternally grateful to her.
|ω・)
Jun 6, 2017 10:56 PM
Jan 2015
This show sucked !! I don't know how this show have higher rating that other really good show .
Jul 8, 2017 11:56 PM
Jun 2009
Well, I thought it was some kids-only show when reading 2011 spring or what it was chart
Glad I was wrong, the kid above doesn't like it.
Jul 9, 2017 1:30 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
people tried to get me into this but it looks too boyish to even bother idk

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.