Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2011 3:12 PM

Mar 2009
http://moetron.com/uploads/0110602_summer_guide.jpg

The Summer shows begin on Friday, what's everyone watching? (except Kajia, as we know you won't be watching anything)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2011 5:56 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
yes, following currently airing anime has proven to be a very overrated experience. Don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry :P
Take off every SIG!!
Jun 26, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2009
I suppose I should post what I'm watching

Appleseed XIII
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 2
Blood-C
Dantalian no Shoka
Idolmaster
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel
Kami-sama no Memo-chou
Kamisama Dolls
Mawaru Penguindrum
Mayo Chiki!
Morita-san wa Mukuchi
No.6
R-15
Ro-Kyuu-Bu!
Sacred Seven
Usagi Drop
Yuru Yuri

Or at least this is what I currently plan to check out.
Jun 26, 2011 4:43 AM

Apr 2010
Hmm, quite a lot to choose from, but not sure how good certain series will turn out to be... Currently planning on:

-Blade
-Natsume (S3)
-Nyanpire
-Blood C
-Dantalian no Shoka
-Kami-sama no Memo-chou - although the plot sounds suspiciously similar to Gosick...
-Nekogami Yaoyorozu
-Nurarihyon no Mago (S2)
"and let us go mad... for prying into God's secrets. What competence have we here?"
Jun 26, 2011 5:28 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
I might pick up Usagi drop eventually, as it's a josei drama, which tend to be quite reliable in my experience. I might watch it as early as next year! And will probably check out Natsume too when they stop making new series of it. Almost everything else looks pretty crap to be honest.
kekekeKajJun 26, 2011 5:34 AM
Take off every SIG!!
Jun 26, 2011 11:25 AM

Mar 2010
Kajia: Mawaru Penguindrum is by the guy who directed Utena! Might be worth a try...

Definitely watching:
- Natsume San!!!
- Mawaru Penguindrum

Will try at least an episode of:
- No. 6
- Usagi Drop
- Nyanpire >_>
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

Maaaybe:
- Appleseed XIII
- Kamisama Dolls
- Blood-C
Jun 26, 2011 12:02 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
you forget I don't consider Utena to be God's gift to mankind like your triumvirate does :P

edit: I just looked at its description that gave virtually no information on the anime itself... nearly half of it is filled up by that "from the same director who brought you utena" bit lol.
kekekeKajJun 26, 2011 12:06 PM
Take off every SIG!!
Jun 26, 2011 12:05 PM

Mar 2009
eugh, everyone's planning on watching Natsume 3.

Kajia don't worry about watching Usagi Drop. If it's good I'll try and force it into the 2012 shoujo slot.
Jun 28, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
Have also noticed that several shows I'm currently watching (specifically Ao no Exorcist, Nichijou, and Steins;Gate) will be running to 24/26 episodes - so that'll cut down the amount of new shows I watch next season...

Incidentally, Ao no Exorcist and Steins;Gate certainly need to run a bit longer, as they haven't really got near to a satisfying conclusion yet. Nichijou really doesn't need another season of episodes. By contrast, why on earth is Deadman Wonderland only 12 episodes? It's got a good story, which has so much more to give - they've only really scratched the surface so far. Here's hoping for a 2nd season!
"and let us go mad... for prying into God's secrets. What competence have we here?"
Jun 28, 2011 11:49 PM

Apr 2010
Apparently there's also going to be a sequel/spin-off of Last Exile - Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam. Suppose I might watch that...
Jun 30, 2011 6:41 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm… it’ll be a loli-tastic summer (the best kind of summer)

Definitely:

- Blood-C
- Kamisama Dolls
- Mawaru Penguindrum
- Natsume III
- No. 6
- Usagi Drop

Maybe:

- Appleseed XIII (if anyone bothers to sub it)
- Dantalian no Shoka
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
- Kamisama no Memochou
- Sacred Seven

4 da lols:

- Manyuu Hikenchou (morbid curiosity has got the better of me)
- Nyanpire
Jun 30, 2011 7:50 AM

Mar 2009
You will have to inform everyone of how badly Manyuu Hikenchou turns out.
Jun 30, 2011 8:49 AM

Apr 2010
Will do. I will also take the piss out of Natsume :D
Jun 30, 2011 1:02 PM

Mar 2009
I commend your good choice as I certainly don't have the patience to sit through any more Natsume. I'm equally running out of patience with Sailor Moon.
Jun 30, 2011 4:33 PM

Apr 2010
That's quite surprising, given that you haven't even started SuperS.
Jul 1, 2011 12:22 AM

Mar 2009
It gets worse?! I'm quite liking the plot at the moment but it's still as slow as usual and I'm really fed up of the stock footage.
Jul 1, 2011 3:28 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
you should just watch Rose of Versailles instead. Or even Full Moon wo Sagashite.
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 2, 2011 7:45 AM

Apr 2010
MikeP said:
It gets worse?! I'm quite liking the plot at the moment but it's still as slow as usual and I'm really fed up of the stock footage.

Chibiusa plays an unfortunately large role in SuperS.

Also wtf was up with Blood-C?
Jul 2, 2011 8:16 AM

Mar 2009
I don't know. I refuse to watch a 360p stream rip.
Jul 2, 2011 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
Ditto - I'm probably fussy enough to wait until it airs proper...
Jul 4, 2011 5:21 AM
Mar 2011
Here's my impressions of the few first eps that have aired so far-

Blade - Nothing too interesting, there was some good action scenes but nothing outstanding about the plot set-up. And Blade's back story being explained twice was pretty pointless.

Sacred Seven - Again nothing special right now, it was pretty generic but entertaining enough. I like the Code Geass-esqe animation style and of course Irino Miyu as Kagami^^

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee - This seems like it's going to be a lovely series. Lately i've really been into old style Europe themed shows so this was really nice to watch. I like the character designs for this, and yune is cute in a charming way.

Kamisama no Memochou - For some reason when I saw the promo art and premise I was expecting something similar to Denpa Onna but thankfully I was wrong. The animation style reminded me more of Hanasaku Iroha, and with a double length episode it managed to tell a pretty good story in one go, and has got some really interesting characters. - Oh yeh, and the fan service bit at the end really ruined it!
lani-anelaJul 4, 2011 5:27 AM
Jul 4, 2011 12:44 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
No sign of any hyperactive, overly cheerful, ultra clingy white haired girls yet?
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 4, 2011 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
No, Usagi Drop hasn't started :P
Jul 4, 2011 2:06 PM

Mar 2009
But she's blonde not white haired
Jul 6, 2011 2:00 AM

Apr 2010
Nor is she voiced by HanaKana. Things are looking up :D
Jul 6, 2011 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
Is anyone else watching Nyanpire? Honestly, that ending song must be one of the more disturbing things that I have seen...
Jul 7, 2011 4:39 PM

Mar 2009
kajia said:
yes, following currently airing anime has proven to be a very overrated experience. Don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry :P

Was that nearly a week you managed before starting something else that's airing?
Jul 7, 2011 11:54 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
damn it mike, you've twisted my arm once again! :P

PS Janice is following nyanpyre too, Ben
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 8, 2011 1:39 AM

Apr 2010
kajia said:
PS Janice is following nyanpyre too, Ben

So am I... although probably not for very much longer :P
Jul 8, 2011 1:57 PM

Mar 2009
Most series have their first ep out now so here's a rough list showing what I think of everything.

Vast potential :
Usagi Drop

High potential:
Kamisama no Memochou
Mawaru Penguindrum

Good:
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni
Dantalian no Shoka
Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi
Kamisama Dolls
Mayo Chiki
No. 6
The Idolmaster
Yuru Yuri

Decent enough to watch:
Ro-Kyu-Bu
Sacred Seven
Kaitou Tenshi

Probably dropping:
Blood-C
MikePJul 17, 2011 3:55 PM
Jul 10, 2011 8:42 AM

Apr 2010
Thoughts now that the season has begun:

-Kami-sama no Memo-chou: Seems like it has potential to be pretty good, but there is the danger that, in light of these high expectations, it'll actually be vastly disappointing (much like Gosick). Actually, the series seems quite like a cross between Gosick and Denpa Onna... - especially since in the climax of the first episode Alice, for some reason, bascially dresses in Victorique-style clothing...

-Blade, Natsume (S3), and Nurarihyon no Mago (S2): These are all pretty much the same as their preceding series, which I obviously to some extent liked, if I'm watching the sequels...

-Nyanpire: Odd mix of pretty rubbish (the show itself) and deeply disturbing (the ending song). It's only 4 minutes though, so probably won't drop it just yet as it's hardly a major commitment...

-Blood C: Not sure. It's certainly a different take than Blood +, but so far doesn't seem like it has that much potential. On the other hand, there's perhaps a small outside chance that it might develop into something pretty amazing. More likely though, it'll probably be like Eden of the East - i.e. 11 or so episodes primarily intended to lay the ground for the upcoming movie...

-Yuru Yuri: Wasn't planning to watch this one at first, but it was actually rather amusing. Not to everyone's tastes of course (Kajia should probably steer clear), but otherwise ok - certainly better than what the title led me to expect.

-Dantalian no Shoka - Not yet released.

-Nekogami Yaoyorozu - Not yet released.
Jul 10, 2011 4:09 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
you're not following Usagi Drop?? I can already tell from episode 1 that it's gonna be better than Ano Hana lol.
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 11, 2011 12:16 AM
Nov 2010
I thought that No. 6 was pretty decent. Maybe in my head I was just comparing it to Fractale (futuristic world, mysterious Orwellian "system") in which case it's not hard to make any other show seem amazing.
Jul 11, 2011 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
I was considering Usagi Drop, but the plot summary did rather put me off - it sounded a little simplistic and cliché, and rather like so many American rom-coms of the late '90s'. In response to comments made above, however, I did try the first episode. I still think it seems rather simplistic and cliché, like so many American rom-coms of the late '90s', but is at least worth following through unto the end. Whether I will rate it as better than AnoHana (which I loved, nuts to the many of you who might disagree with my taste) remains to be seen...

Edit 1 - I'm not sure whether I was disappointed or relieved that they didn't retain the artistic style of the pre-credits sequence for the rest of the episode...

Edit 2 - does anyone know what the hell this show actually has to do with rabbits?
Jul 11, 2011 2:37 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
presumably they'll start up a rabbit farm in the next episode
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 12, 2011 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
That's starting to sound like Of Mice And Men...
Jul 12, 2011 11:08 AM

Apr 2010
Alas, Manyuu Hikenchou is censored. How disappointing.
Jul 13, 2011 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Might be similar to SnQ - i.e. there'll be a censored broadcast release of each episode, and then a week later there's an uncensored webstream (lower picture quality obviously) version of the episode released. If SubDesu are subbing it, then they'll probably upload both versions onto their site. I probably shouldn't admit to knowing that...

(Attempted to post this this morning, but MAL was going through a phase of SQL errors...)
Jul 13, 2011 1:27 PM

Mar 2009
It's airing on AT-X starting on the 18th, at a minimum that'll be less censored than the current release if you really want to watch it.
Jul 13, 2011 2:25 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
lol it's averaging around 0/5 in the ANN previews
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 13, 2011 2:30 PM

Apr 2010
It's probably not going to win me as a convert. Truth be told, my original gravitation towards SnQ was due to its pseudo-religious hilarity. The breast sucking was largely secondary...

That said, much hope for a SnQ season 3!
Jul 13, 2011 2:33 PM

Apr 2010
Wooo - oppai!!

*ahem*

My curiosity wasn't strong enough to make me sit through ~ 20 mins of badly censored anime, but I probably will check out the later release.

Some initial impressions:

- Kamisama Dolls, Penguindrum and Bunny Drop = awesome
- Blood-C = awesomely disappointing.
- Ikoku Meiro = dropped.
Jul 14, 2011 7:42 AM

Mar 2010
Updates:

Definitely still watching:
- Natsume San
- Mawaru Penguindrum. If it isn't made of awesome, it's at least giving a convincing impression of it.

Sticking with these for now:
- No. 6. Characters seem a bit meh, but the dystopia is interesting.
- Nyanpire ...at least to see if it gets better. I think cats are less cute when they act human, though.
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisee. Pointless substance-free tooth-rotting fluff with annoyingly moe character. BUT! I really like Paris. ._.

Will probably pick up at a later point:
- Usagi Drop
- Appleseed XIII (if I pick it up at all)

Not going to bother watching ep 1 after all:
- Kamisama Dolls
- Blood-C
Jul 14, 2011 8:53 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
ahhh I was wondering whether to pick up Ikoku Meiro no Croisee... but from the sounds of things maybe I shouldn't :P

That show with utena and penguins sounds too surreal for me. I doubt I'll try it any time soon...

I'm tempted to check out Blood-C purely because the person who composed the stella OST for Eureka 7 is also doing the music for Blood-C apparently...
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 14, 2011 8:56 AM

Mar 2009
I watched episode 1 of Ikoku Meiro no Croisee and wasn't overly impressed. I was considering watching more later if it gained some popularity or seemed to turn out pretty well.

It looks like that won't happen though.
Jul 14, 2011 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
kajia said:
I'm tempted to check out Blood-C purely because the person who composed the stella OST for Eureka 7 is also doing the music for Blood-C apparently...

I wouldn't recommend Blood-C to anyone. Watch Tiger & Bunny instead :D
Jul 14, 2011 2:47 PM

Apr 2010
Eh - I'm at least mildy motivated to keep going with Blood-C - especially since it's leading up to a movie...

In fairness though, my opinion on this matter is also shaped by a) my enjoyment of Blood+, b) the fact that I'm interested to see the differences between Blood-C and the earlier series, and c) the fact that I generally love anime involving supernatural elements.

If all I had ever seen was the first episode of Blood-C then, no, I probably wouldn't keep going with it...
Jul 15, 2011 1:19 PM

Mar 2010
kajia: i think you liked Aria more than i did, so there's the possibility that you might like Ikoku etc. more than i did, too...
Jul 15, 2011 1:36 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2010
well according to adam it has bad melodrama, and according to you it's moe. That doesn't bode well...
Take off every SIG!!
Jul 17, 2011 5:21 PM

Mar 2009
Adam it looks like you're getting your uncensored Manyuu Hikenchou today.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Super Recommendation Monarch Extreme! ( 1 2 3 )

Alunalun - Mar 31, 2010

119 by kekekeKaj »»
Apr 14, 2013 3:02 AM

» OAV Anime Power Levels 2012/2013 (Hilary Week 3)

kekekeKaj - Feb 1, 2013

4 by kekekeKaj »»
Feb 7, 2013 2:42 PM

» OAV Anime Power Levels 2012/2013 (Hilary Week 2)

kekekeKaj - Jan 25, 2013

5 by kekekeKaj »»
Jan 31, 2013 3:41 PM

Poll: » What show should I follow in the Winter 2013 season

kekekeKaj - Jan 12, 2013

4 by kekekeKaj »»
Jan 27, 2013 4:19 AM

» OAV Anime Power Levels 2012/2013 (Hilary Week 1)

kekekeKaj - Jan 18, 2013

5 by kekekeKaj »»
Jan 25, 2013 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.