Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2011 5:03 PM
May 2011
dont you think its true that youl know what your favorite or worst of all time will be obvious to you the second you finish, youd have no second thoughts, after i finished clannad i was positive notihng would ever top it and you know what, it hasnt been topped

when i finished rumbling hearts i was positive there wouldnt be a single show worse, and even as ive watched shows like eiken and beyblade i still think RH is the worst,

anyone else like that with their best and worst
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 18, 2011 5:10 PM

Dec 2010
I'm a very indecisive guy. I have no particular bests/worsts.

I do have" bottom X", though.
Jun 18, 2011 6:08 PM

Mar 2009
I always believe that there will be another anime that can be better or worse than the ones I've watched.
Jun 18, 2011 6:24 PM

Mar 2011
Gintama will always be the best anime.
I hate you all.
Jun 18, 2011 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
I'm 100% sure that no Anime will ever top Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Jun 18, 2011 6:28 PM

Mar 2011
Cowabunga said:
Legend of the Galactic heroes is overrated. Isn't it just a bunch of old dudes talking and planning stuff or something.
I hate you all.
Jun 18, 2011 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Gintama will always be the best anime.

This

i highly doubt ill ever find any other anime that will entertain me more than Gintama does. so im not saying its impossible. im just saying its extremely unlikley to happen before i die.

but i cant say the same for my worst anime.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 18, 2011 8:01 PM
Jun 18, 2011 7:00 PM

Jan 2009
Yeah, I'm kinda like that. I only recently got Strawberry Panic off my favorites because it was one of the first romance anime that I watched and I thought it was awesome. Then I re-watched most of it and I realized it's really not amazing...good, but not favorite worthy.
Jun 18, 2011 7:03 PM
Mar 2011
for me Ashita no joe will always be a high fave
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 18, 2011 7:05 PM

Apr 2010
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Cowabunga said:
Legend of the Galactic heroes is overrated. Isn't it just a bunch of old dudes talking and planning stuff or something.

Ohohoho i can see someone getting an earful in the foreseeable future

Anyways, I'm pretty sure something could top my list anyday... but I hope I don't find anything more annoying than Minami-ke (not the worst anime I've seen, just the one I've hated the most).
Jun 18, 2011 7:13 PM

Feb 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
I always believe that there will be another anime that can be better or worse than the ones I've watched.

This. It's going to be hard as Hell for anything to surpass the extremes that I've experienced, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
Jun 18, 2011 7:18 PM
Mar 2011
but for pure Nostalgia Koichi kame for me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 18, 2011 7:25 PM

Mar 2009
I do kinda get that impression sometimes, but I keep an open mind. If something ever does get my number 1 spot, I can always certainly say it'll be one of my favorite series ever and if it does get replaced I expect it to take a lot of time for that to happen. But I can still recognize that I just saw one of the best things ever when I finish it and it only sets the bar higher. If anything, I want that bar to be surpassed, why wouldn't I?

However, I always think that there can be something worse out there, I just hope to never find it. But beating my trifecta of garbage is pretty hard, and that's one that I don't want to make a quartet. I find it easier to believe that I'll find something better than my best one day, but finding something worse than my worst is a little harder for to believe. Cus even something as small as an awesome beer drinking animal can make it ever so slightly better than my trifecta of hatedom (and so bad it's good are automatically better than those are).
Jun 18, 2011 7:32 PM

Feb 2005
Lolis_and_Shotas said:

Cowabunga said:
I'd say the same, but just to be on the safe side, I'm 99% sure instead. Certainties are too unreliable. I mean, what if someone made a truly spectacular WH40K anime with both political intrigues, a strategic focus and fucking spess mhuriinees tearing shit apart?

But for worst, I'm sure I could be surprised. At least one thing is for certain; there will always be a lot of shit.
Jun 18, 2011 7:55 PM
May 2011
I intend to live for a solid forty to sixty more years, and I'll probably watch at least a couple of new anime in each of those years. I somehow doubt that in the next five decades or so, nothing is going to top what I perceive as my favourites now. Hell, if nothing else, my tastes are going to change. I might love Real Drive right now, but hell, in a few years, I might hate science fiction. Or even start loving something I really hate now. Maybe not, but even so, my first point applies.

Of course, my tastes seem to be pretty different from the previous poster's (I gave Gintama a generous 6, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes a perhaps slightly harsh, but not undeserved, 5), so maybe it's all just me. I don't hold any loyalty to my loves right now, because I know they could and probably will change. Hell, give me a couple of decades and I might not even like anime.
Jun 18, 2011 8:00 PM

Mar 2011
AlexSadist-sama said:
Courtesy of Paul
Jun 18, 2011 8:29 PM

Mar 2011
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Well I'm sorry if I don't find a bunch of old people talking very fun.
I hate you all.
Jun 18, 2011 8:46 PM
May 2011
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
what did you expect, its a drama, not a action, did you expect the old guys to stop talking and breakdance or start singing the phantom of the opera
Jun 18, 2011 9:02 PM

Mar 2011
ItsSoPringles said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
what did you expect, its a drama, not a action, did you expect the old guys to stop talking and breakdance or start singing the phantom of the opera
It's not that, I just don't see how a bunch of old dudes talking is the best anime ever.
I hate you all.
Jun 18, 2011 9:54 PM
May 2011
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
ItsSoPringles said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
It's not that, I just don't see how a bunch of old dudes talking is the best anime ever.
did you even make it past te first 20 episodes cause the entire serise isnt a bunch of old dueds talking in a room,
Jun 18, 2011 10:01 PM

Sep 2007
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
ItsSoPringles said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:

12 Angry Men is one of the best movies ever made and it's literally nothing but middle-aged men talking in a room.
Jun 18, 2011 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:

"Fun" does not equate to being good. At least try to be semi objective.

I'm sure something will come along that is better and something will come along that is worst. You have to take time into account. Your taste change as you mature, grow older ect...Something you hate at first you might actually learn to enjoy and vise-versa.
Jun 18, 2011 10:11 PM
May 2011
Foggle said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
ItsSoPringles said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:

12 Angry Men is one of the best movies ever made and it's literally nothing but middle-aged men talking in a room.
yah and one of the best profile pics is a crrepy buff middle age dude with a green stach and hair, you got a problem with middle age men Lolis_and_Shotas?

wait i just relised, your name pretty much sums up why you dont like deep shows, your hung up on a fetish
Jun 18, 2011 10:12 PM
May 2011
burntlettuce said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Baman said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:

"Fun" does not equate to being good. At least try to be semi objective.

I'm sure something will come along that is better and something will come along that is worst. You have to take time into account. Your taste change as you mature, grow older ect...Something you hate at first you might actually learn to enjoy and vise-versa.
if you have fun with a show mor elikley then not its good, unless its so bad its good which is rare, but if its shows like star driver that try to be so bad its good does that mean its good cause it succeeds at that, i think i just mindf*cked myself again
Jun 18, 2011 10:43 PM

Aug 2010
I would like to think that my next favorite anime is the next one I watch, but obviously I haven't topped my favorites yet.
Jun 18, 2011 11:21 PM

Mar 2011
ItsSoPringles said:
did you even make it past te first 20 episodes cause the entire serise isnt a bunch of old dueds talking in a room,
I watched a little of it, I just remember it was boring. Sorry for not thinking it's the best and having a different opinion
Foggle said:

Yeah I had watched that when I was going to school, it was okay.
ItsSoPringles said:
yah and one of the best profile pics is a crrepy buff middle age dude with a green stach and hair, you got a problem with middle age men Lolis_and_Shotas?

wait i just relised, your name pretty much sums up why you dont like deep shows, your hung up on a fetish
I don't have a problem with middle aged men. And what does me having a fetish have to do with not liking legend of the galactic heroes? I never said I don't like deep shows, I just think legend of the galactic heroes is boring. And again I apoligize for not having the same interest as you people, and found it boring.
I hate you all.
Jun 18, 2011 11:35 PM
Feb 2011

lol. saw that coming. you poked the hornet nest.

I'm pretty sure my "best" are pretty much locked in since "best" to me is decided by personal impact. Although i AM a judge of quality at the same time. i KNOW i'll find something worse for my "worse" list. Suzuka was pretty bad, but theres gotta be worse..
Jun 18, 2011 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
I like to think that I can find new favorites. These are just my current favorites. If they were my favorites for life I would not be able to update them

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 19, 2011 1:30 AM

Jun 2009
Well I certainly hope that I have NOT seen what I'd consider the greatest anime of all time. Since that would mean it could only get worse from now, which would be pretty sad.
But then again I have a feeling that I've been past the zenith for a while now. Maybe it's because I have seen too many shows already so nothing comes across as new or refreshing anymore...

But even if I assume that nothing will top the shows I've seen so far, it's simply impossible to find the one best show, since you'd have to differentiate by genre.
Jun 19, 2011 2:36 AM

May 2011
Well i doubt you cant get much worse than Ghost Hunt. Specially in English.
What was I thinking?
Jun 19, 2011 3:03 AM

Jun 2009
Mr_Monocle said:
Well i doubt you cant get much worse than Ghost Hunt. Specially in English.
What was I thinking?

Ghost Hunt was awesome O_o (<3 Nazuka Kaori as Mai)
Jun 19, 2011 3:21 AM

May 2011
The manga was great but the voice acting in the anime was horrible ><
I liked Mai as a character but i despised her voice. It got annoying when all she screamed was NARRUUUUUU D:
Jun 19, 2011 3:36 AM

Jun 2011
tekaman blade was really bad in some animation using special power scene was always in space no matter where he was
Jun 19, 2011 8:04 AM

Jan 2011
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Cowabunga said:

your not alone with that opinion. old dude talking about shitty politics and other old stuffs. and the animation is also one hell of a shit :D I do not enjoy shitty animation since I'm a graphic artist and I value the quality, but it can't be helped since it's an old anime :)
Jun 19, 2011 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
I have a dream, that one day, an animelist thread won't become a LoGH argument. Or at least not LoGH arguments between elitist assholes and haters who haven't even watched it :)

Probably won't happen though. But I will say there's quite alot of pew pew Gar splat in LoGH aswell, but only when the old men get bored talking and drinking tea/booze.
Jun 19, 2011 8:25 AM
Mar 2011
HackleberryFinn said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Cowabunga said:

your not alone with that opinion. old dude talking about shitty politics and other old stuffs. and the animation is also one hell of a shit :D I do not enjoy shitty animation since I'm a graphic artist and I value the quality, but it can't be helped since it's an old anime :)

LOGH is the best OVA ever made

and like many i like Traditional animation and Not Cgi and Digital

Jun 19, 2011 8:26 AM

Dec 2008
HackleberryFinn said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Cowabunga said:

I doubt you have actually watched an entire episode, it's not even on your list.

Let me see you troll.
Jun 19, 2011 8:47 AM
Oct 2010
IMO of all the animes ive seen one piece is the best
worst one of all the anime ive seen is mars of destruction
Jun 19, 2011 9:45 AM
May 2011
Bakanky said:
one piece

Jun 19, 2011 9:55 AM

Nov 2010
haven't seen much shows i didn't like. BUT there are 2 i hated beeing death note and bokura ga ita... both where the most boring thing somebody ever recomended to me and now trying to block the memorie of ever watching the crap ^_^
Jun 19, 2011 10:42 AM

Sep 2010
ItsSoPringles said:
Bakanky said:
one piece

It is not really suprising that a person with a OP inspired user name would say OP in a thread like this. One Piece's story is amazing.

Jun 19, 2011 10:51 AM

Oct 2008
I don't think there will ever be an anime I like more than Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal. It does everything right. I'm sure there will be something I hate more than Pretty Cure. It's more a matter that the show got on my nerves (the characters, the plot... everything) than that it was actually terrible. A personal preference thing which I believe can be topped by just being awful.
Jun 19, 2011 10:51 AM

May 2010
I haven't even watched a particularly large number of the anime which have already finished airing, so I wouldn't be shocked if something way better than the best I've watched so far is already out there.
On the other hand, I will be genuinely surprised if I ever find something worse than Apocalypse Zero.
Jun 19, 2011 11:20 AM

Feb 2005
mellors said:
Or at least not LoGH arguments between elitist assholes and haters who haven't even watched it :)
And I have a dream too, that people one day won't randomly label others as elitist assholes I:<
But the other part is a bit hard, good luck finding someone who's actually watched it properly and still have some proper criticism against it.
But I guess there will always be shallow people who can't appreciate depth, can't handle animation that is older than two years and won't watch something that isn't filled with cheap fanservice.
Jun 19, 2011 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
HackleberryFinn said:
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
Cowabunga said:

Well, the quality of the animation isn't bad. Because quality =/= looking pretty. If you truly appreciated animation for what its worth then you would notice that LoGH is a really nicely animated show, yes it's outdated, but that doesn't make it bad or have any less quality compared today's shows.
Jun 19, 2011 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
I have never watched an episode of LOtGH, but I'm pretty confident it is tedious bullshit.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

65 by Smugdear »»
24 seconds ago

» Endless eight and mental health concerns

trinitroglycerin - 9 hours ago

9 by BitChilly »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

19 by Shizuna »»
21 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

34 by Vaturna »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite romance ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 30

92 by Buny0058 »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.