Forum Settings
Forums

Studio Ghibli Hangs an Anti-Nuclear Power Banner on Their Studio

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 20, 2011 2:25 PM

Dec 2010
Ah nice you actually bothered asking. You have to admit, some guy on the internet posting random numers is supposed to raise scepticism.

In Germany the change was merley for populism so there was no choice for one or the other. So I take whatever I can and gladly get rid of nuclear now and fossil later and I think people should at least use the current debate to push things forward.

I still find the dangers of nucelar plants worse than coal. I guess it's not as obvious as I thought it was and more of a personal thing. In the end we can at least agree that something has to be done. This is realy just choosing the lesser evil, or as we like to say the choice between pestilence and cholera.

But I have to admit it's probably harder for countries that have most of their power coming from nucelar energy. And regarding global warming, as long as the big ones like the US and China have enormous emissions it realy doesn't matter what the rest of the world does. So preventing a meltdown happening in my neighbourhood has a higher priority for me.

Props to the Netherlands for the bicycle traffic. Pretty cool sight. :D
Jun 20, 2011 2:30 PM
Mar 2010
I don't think I have much to add to what thepsychoticone answered regarding that. I admire Germany for their decisions, and if nuclear energy isn't creating any electricity for the actual population and is either going to waste or being exported, then sure enough, get rid of the nuclear power plants.
However, if that removal results in the increase in activity or number of fossil plants, you're doing it wrong.
It always causes increased fossil usage. If they export it, they remove the need for the other countries to use as much fossil fuels to generate power. That's good, because global warming is a global thing. If it all just got wasted, then that means they could have stopped using (as much) fossil fuels. In either case, using less nuclear is never the right answer.
Jun 20, 2011 2:33 PM
Mar 2010
nznznz said:
And regarding global warming, as long as the big ones like the US and China have enormous emissions it realy doesn't matter what the rest of the world does.
Yes it does.

and I think people should at least use the current debate to push things forward.
Right, forward, and not backwards.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - 1 hour ago

8 by Gator »»
52 seconds ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces Supporting Cast Pair

Nioxys - 17 minutes ago

0 by Nioxys »»
17 minutes ago

» '#Compass 2.0: Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 34 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.