Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2011 8:09 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad that Noir is alive.

Guess I don't have to feel WTH with the new gauchuu because Lag's anger got it.

Really nice ending.
tsubasaloverMar 26, 2011 8:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2011 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Decent ending I guess... The first 18 episodes of the season were brilliant, but something just didn't feel right in the final 7, especially after how bad ep 19 was.

I would have given this season a 9 if it kept it up, but sadly it didn't. I'm still giving it an 8 though as most of this season was still very good.
Mar 26, 2011 9:51 AM

Jan 2010
I'm not exactly satisfied. It was nice up until about half way, after Noir left. I just feel like there's something more to this story and so much was left unanswered.
Mar 26, 2011 10:44 AM

May 2009
The ending left me quite satisfied. Reverse was much better than the first season that's for sure. Most episodes were really good and important to the story.
Mar 26, 2011 11:05 AM

May 2010
This original ending wasn't that bad. I really hope though that they make another season once the manga's finished.

They also could've explained more on how the ones unable to become spirits lived in Blue Notes Blue, but you can't expect detail in everything.
Mar 26, 2011 11:06 AM

Mar 2011
MonstAR_ said:
I'm not exactly satisfied. It was nice up until about half way, after Noir left. I just feel like there's something more to this story and so much was left unanswered.

Agreed. I still have so many questions left. Is there a third season to be expected?
Mar 26, 2011 11:14 AM
Aug 2010
maybe in a year or two since the show basically passed up the manga and had an original ending :c

but I liked this ending, I'll definitely miss this show and it's smooth colors D:
Mar 26, 2011 12:15 PM

Dec 2009
It was an alright ending. It offered enough solid closure to not feel like one of those horrible tacked on endings most shows get, but at the same time it left some questions unanswered. Like does the government still steal the hearts of people to power the Light? Master Lloyd gave some simple excuse but it wasn't really satisfying. And what exactly are Lag and his mother, how did they become like that? What exactly happened on the day of the flicker? I can make up answers through sheer speculation, but I guess I still would have to follow the manga to get those answers.

All in all I give this season a 7. I was very critical of the first season and its horrendous filler, and I must say this season was a huge improvement. The rushed ending is what prevents me from giving it a score of 8 or higher though.
Ara ara.
Mar 26, 2011 12:28 PM
Aug 2009
I'm so glad that Noir is alive! I thought that he won't recover...
I really love this season, even if the story was different from manga, I still love it <3

Now I'm curious if there will be next season... regarding fact, that story was so different, it will be probably hard?
Mar 26, 2011 1:47 PM

Apr 2010
Too many unanswered question!
I hope there's a third season >.<
Mar 26, 2011 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
roses-and-red said:

this.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Mar 26, 2011 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
Yup need more closure... I don't read much of the manga but I wonder if it would be possible to tie the rest of the manga to a 3rd season.

This would of gotten a 7 on story alone but the great art and music jacks it up to 8.. Plus this show has made me shed tears quite a few times.
Mar 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
What a spectacular series, overall I gave it an 8.

Somethings where left hanging but at least the ending was nice and the entire 2nd season was very entertaining and refreshing. I hope there's a 3rd season, but if they want to give it this ending then OK, the series was still amazing. Gonna miss Lag, Niche, Steak, Sylvette, Noir, Dr. Thunderland, and of course Zazie. It was a very good ride.
Mar 26, 2011 5:16 PM

Dec 2007
The ending was mediocre at best, in the sense of everyone going home happy. But yet the series ended without anything actually being resolved. Sure, Cabernet's dead; but we don't know why Lag's mom is in Akatsuki, what the artificial sun exactly is (beside a fetus), even what the coverup with the zeppelin crash was about, or most importantly, who or what is Lag.

Way to go, Studio Pierrot. You failed.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Mar 26, 2011 5:59 PM
Oct 2007
Disappointing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2011 6:06 PM

Dec 2010
I'm guessing that they purposely leave everything open and questions unanswered so that if they ever want to do a 3rd season, they can adjust the plot to match the manga.
Mar 26, 2011 6:45 PM

Nov 2007
Void_Seeker said:
I'm guessing that they purposely leave everything open and questions unanswered so that if they ever want to do a 3rd season, they can adjust the plot to match the manga.

Oh that is a good point! I hope they do one! But then who will be the bad guys? The government? If there's no conflict a third season wouldn't be very likely...

I agree with everyone here, I don't like how they left out all the crucial information, *sighs* I want to know what is Lag! And why is his Mother taking heart D: I guess I have to read the manga now. But I heard the manga is different from the anime...does anyone know which chapter the anime diverts from the manga?
Mar 26, 2011 7:49 PM

May 2009
The ending was decent, but the series dropped off towards the end after being very strong for much of the second season. Sure there are a number of unanswered questions, but the way this season ended didn't make me feel like another season is on the horizon.
Mar 26, 2011 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
The ending felt kind of... empty. I wish they would've told us more about the artificial sun and Lag and his mother. I'm glad they didn't kill off Noir though. :D
Mar 26, 2011 9:31 PM

May 2010
Vitka_Lynx said:
roses-and-red said:

this.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Mar 26, 2011 10:21 PM

Aug 2009
Also~

Jiggy Pepper....

I'm gonna miss hearing that name in engrish... I laugh my ass off every time...
Mar 26, 2011 10:56 PM

Mar 2010
Man I thought they killed of Gauche/Noir......
Well it wasn't bad of an ending from the last few episodes but it left a billion questions unanswered. Needs a Season 3.

Tegami Bachi OKASAN or whatever Artificial Sun is in Japanese
My Blog: Due2Life

Mar 27, 2011 2:49 AM

Feb 2010
for a anime only ending it was ok but i'm pretty sure the manga ending will be much better^^
Mar 27, 2011 7:37 AM

Jan 2011
i knew Noir will survive :)

there are still many questions with answer, and i dont think this will get another season
Mar 27, 2011 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
i have to say, i am a bit disappointed the first half and a bit of this series was so great, i would of given it a 9. then what i heard to be the fillers started, i haven't read the manga but i thought that this ending felt quite empty. i just hope for another season, and for it to be as good as the first part of the last one. that being said i recon this deserves a 7-8, maybe i will give it a 7 because i am thoroughly unsatisfied with the second half, even if it is giving the first half an unreasonable rating.
Mar 27, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
it was a great anime!
i enjoyed it a lot ^^
sad that its finally over ~
Mar 27, 2011 1:57 PM

Apr 2010
too bad it's over :(
I really like tegami bachi.

But this ending is totally unsatisfying. In the end nothing really got explained and there's too much still unknown :/

I'm hoping for a 3rd season, though I don't think that will happen ;;
Mar 27, 2011 2:05 PM

Mar 2011
Gah it ended in the middle of nowhere. We only get to see his mother's face, but we didn't get the answers of what the artofficial sun is(well we get how its fueled..but), whats the power Lag has and what does Nitche's older/twin sister mean by "He is only in human form". I really wish there is atleast a special or an Ova that clears some of the questions.
SacuroseMar 27, 2011 2:09 PM
Mar 27, 2011 6:43 PM

Feb 2008
Void_Seeker said:
I totally agree!! I was satisfied and I do think they did it this way because you can easily continue the story if you want to.
Mar 27, 2011 8:10 PM

Sep 2007
xdeath_bunnyx said:
But I heard the manga is different from the anime...does anyone know which chapter the anime diverts from the manga?
I don't actually know the chapter number off the top of my head....
but I think it (the manga and anime) start to diverge around the point Gauche/Noir leaves again after being Lag's Dingo for one day

anyway....about this ep. It was ok but I'm a little annoyed about the unrealistic-ness in that....well....
Why did none of the characters seriously wonder "zomg...why can Lag shine like the artificial sun?!" I would've at least thought they might slip something like

Thunderland examined him for a bit but couldn't conclude anything
but nay. Most of them all act like it wasn't anything special. PFFT!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 28, 2011 2:03 AM

Oct 2008
:( This series is over. I am already missing it!
I would like a third season of course. I will gladly watch that if that comes along.

At first I thought Noir was dead, but when I saw him alive I was relived. The hugging scene was so cute and I admit it made me cry a bit.

lol @ Zazie's special someone! Cats ftw!

8/10 for this series. Like the first season, though I felt this season was better but it's not enough for me to rate higher.

Just noticed that I finished season 1 exactly a year ago!
Mar 28, 2011 8:56 AM
Nov 2008
This season really peaked with the Maka arc and the Aria arc. It's a shame, there was so much potential there to be something amazing, but the last leg of the series was just...bland. I can't really put my finger on it, but all the excitement was gone after Gauche woke up.
Mar 28, 2011 10:51 AM

Apr 2009
Absolutely loved the Maka arc and for me it was the best of the whole series.

8/10 for the second season. At the point where the anime diverges, the whole thing becomes sort of mediocre except for the characters. Noir was certainly not as interesting as before. There was too little of Lag and Niche.

Even though Season 1 had many fillers, it didn't lose that mysterious and epic feel of the background story and there was a lot more of Niche compared to the anime original part of Season 2. Maybe this season should have been a 12 episode season. If they had finished like D.Gray-Man at least a third season might have been possible.
Mar 28, 2011 4:17 PM
Oct 2010
I can help but feel dissapointed about the whole Noir business. I mean, it's very nice that Noir ended up caring about Lag as a friend and that Lag feels happy, it's even very sweet to think that Gauche "died" to bring Lag's mom heart to him... but I still feel very sad to think Lag could never actually bring back the real Gauche... and to think they are still hoping to bring back Sunny's memories... what's all that about?
Mar 28, 2011 4:32 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I know I shouldn't mix anime and manga and judge them seperately but mehh , in this case I just don't care . They took a story and kinda killed it (which ok , it was obvious since the anime at some point caught up with it) . Instead of going till they could and change the last like 3-4-5 epis (like Pandora Hearts) or change the plot (like Kuroshitsuji) , they started the changes from the first epis and that ruined the atmosphere a lot for me -_- Lag in the manga seems way smarter than in the anime and it hurts to see him so in denial every time here x.x
So for me story gets 6/10 cause I'm nice >.>
I actually just stared at the screen when I saw Lag's mother and Gauche on her lap >_> When Noir was shot in the previous epi , I was kinda hoping he would rly die . That'd be a "good" fitting ending for me . I never adored Noir but he fell in mah eyes in the series . But ofc he lived and left them . Kinda surprised at the fact he didn't manage to get his heart back but I guess it's better than having him oh-so-suddenly get it back .
As for a 3rd season ... just no ... They'd go even further off the manga story and it'd kill me x.x
Mar 28, 2011 8:52 PM

Sep 2009
I definitely enjoyed this show. I find it a little disappointing though how the ending doesn't feel like enough of an ending.
Mar 29, 2011 7:37 AM
Aug 2009
Not exactly what I expected, but it could have been worse. In fact, Studio Pierrot managed to invent something not THAT bad.

But well, whoever is reading the manga, knows that Tegami Bachi is "so much better" than the thing we watched here

Zepwich said:
Jiggy Pepper....

I'm gonna miss hearing that name in engrish... I laugh my ass off every time...

Ahahahah, so true xD

Btw, don't expect another season, I think they just blew it already, the differences between manga and anime cannot be fix'd xD.
Mar 30, 2011 7:50 AM

Mar 2009
liked it better than the first season 7/10
Mar 31, 2011 2:45 PM
Jul 2010
The ending was actually quite good. One of the best I've watched in terms of anime original endings. It was touching and I'm glad that Noir survived. However, there were lots of questions left unanswered and that's the only thing preventing me from giving this season a 10.

The plot was amazing and the characters are as awesome as always. If they had given it proper closure it would have been great. But no, I have to be left wondering what really happened in the Day Of The Flicker, what Lag really is, what's his mother's role at Akatsuki and what were the government true intentions. It also pisses me off that Amberground continues on with that stupid hierarchy system and no one seems to care. That just sucks. But overall I loved it. It was way better than the first season so I'll give it a 9/10.
Apr 3, 2011 2:54 AM

Aug 2009
Well, they should do something about the artificial sun. That could fill another season. This end only affects Gauche. Go search your mother, Marc- Lag!

Although is such a cliché, it was nice to see Lag again in his super-saiyan mode.
Apr 4, 2011 2:35 AM

May 2008
I'm so glad that I haven't catched up with the manga yet and I could watch this only as an anime viewer. I really liked the ending and it left me quite satisfied. Seems like everything is settled though there are a lot of secrets left concerning Lag's mother.
I'm also glad because of Sunny is alright. :D
I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first so I gave this a 9/10.
Apr 4, 2011 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
So anyway, all I really have to say, except that this was pretty good for an anime-original ending,;
So, Lag is a spirit. (As opposed to "those who could not become spirit".)

And... what did Lag's mom have to do with anything, anyway?
Is it just me, or were we actually never told anything about her?
As far as I know, she's just sitting there under the man-made sun for no apparent reason.
Seriously, why?

Oh well, at least this is an actual ending, so we won't get some anime-original 3rd season.
Also, puff-cheeked Aria was kinda win.
And lastly, Jiggy Pepper is cool as usual, Largo too, aaaand Zazie and his cats. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 6, 2011 4:07 PM
May 2008
Most people aren't satisfied after watching this season but I think it gives some big clues and the plot can be not as difficult to understand as it seems.

What do we know:
On the Day of Flicker, the sun flickered for a moment. The airship crew saw a giant fetus on the sun and lost sight while looking in its eye. They also heard a strange voice screaming "mother, mother". It's the day when Lag was born. And the sunlight had been weakening for some time before that day.

My theory:
I think the fetus is Lag! The eye which make the crew lose sight is a left eye of the fetus, and Lag has a Spirit Amber in his left eye. The sun had been weakening little by little while his mother had been pregnant, and it flickered when he was being born. It was "a true form of Lag" (a spirit? Spirit Amber itself?) who was screaming. When Lag was born, the sun started to shine normally again.

Maybe Lag is a part ("human form") of "something" which forms the sun and which hasn't been mature enough yet. To be mature (and become a "real form") it needs people's hearts. A human form is born to deliver hearts to it. Lag doesn't know anything about it because his mother wanted to protect him and went to Akatsuki to "steal" hearts instead of him, having the same or similar power.

The government for some reason wanted this "something" to mature more quickly, so they made "those who couldn't become spirit".

Of course it doesn't explain everything (what is the role of the government, how people's hearts make the sun shine, etc.), but it seems to be quite logical to me. ;-)
nishaApr 6, 2011 4:30 PM
Apr 11, 2011 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
In the end... Steak was never eaten.... how sad....
Apr 21, 2011 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
@nisha: very interesting theories.

Also, Lag's mother seen in Gauche's memory looks pretty much exactly like her:
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2214/schermata20110422a02501.png
Apr 25, 2011 6:36 AM

Dec 2007
When the last episode of the season got an ending, we can except a third season.
May 1, 2011 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Bittersweet ending. I like how it ends, despite of Gauche hasn't returned. And I know this is actually an ending. But I'll miss this wolrd, crying Lag and all other characters. I'll miss this show ;_;

I enjoyed this season as much as previous one, so 9/10
May 1, 2011 5:52 PM

Jan 2011
I liked it. Of course there are a lot of open questions, but at least not everything is left unanswered, some stuff, like what happend to Gauche is answered. Even some things about Lags mother are answered, like what happend to her (not in great detail, but at least you know she got there, and shes alive etc.)

I also really enjoyed the goodbye scence. Not the scence per se, they had a lot of those, and Lags crying everytime etc., but the reminscencing of the goodbye in the first season, where Gauche/Noir delivered Lag, and he said "We are friends. Roda to". Especially the fact that Roda said "Farewell, my friend" while looking back to Lag. She couldn't really say it in episode 2, as she was a dog, but she didn't forget about it, and neither did the producers.

Nice little detail.
Jul 7, 2011 12:34 AM
Jan 2011
I want it to continue D; there has to be more some how idk why this anime felt so unique compared to other animes =/ man i rly hope dey continue it :(
Aug 13, 2011 6:04 AM
Aug 2011
The ending is so disappointing.
First off Lag failed his promised to bring back Gauche
Gauche Suede's heart is not back, although he deserve a happy life with his sister and his lover Aria.
Noir should know that that body is belong to Gauche and at least find a way to help Gauche.
Noir is a cool guy but Gauche is so much better, Gauche joins the Bee to fix his sister's legs but Noir doesn't care and what about Lag's mother??? The one stolen away Gauche's heart.
To be honest I'm a fan of Gauche x Aria and I was watching the series and hoped to see the real Gauche to come back and meet Aria at the Bee Hive and says: " I'm back"
Gauche deserves all those happiness but the ending is disappointing and sucks.
zMorphlingzAug 13, 2011 6:20 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2011

56 by GenesisAria »»
Aug 25, 2019 12:59 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 12 Discussion

Akihiro209 - Dec 18, 2010

34 by euls »»
Aug 9, 2019 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2011

22 by SenChen »»
Sep 2, 2018 2:06 PM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2011

17 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2018 9:44 AM

Poll: » Tegami Bachi Reverse Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2011

19 by SenChen »»
Aug 27, 2018 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.