Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2011 9:36 AM
Jul 2010
I wonder how many of you got them... i have one in my right eye and a few in my left eye, they small and i see them only when i look at something bright.

So, do you got them? :D
Jan 31, 2011 10:08 AM

Dec 2009
yh i get them alot, i try to follow them but they keep running away :(

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Jan 31, 2011 10:11 AM

Aug 2010
You see them when looking at something bright means that it isn't a big problem, that happens to almost everyone. I just say that because when I saw the title I was a little worried, like, why isn't this guy going to a doctor?

Anyways, yeah, I see them but not very much *knock on wood* because you don't want them to become serious.
Jan 31, 2011 10:16 AM
Jul 2010
I know it can be a problem if you see them also on dark areas, or, if you see flashes, but its not the case for me. *KNOCK ON WOOD*
Jan 31, 2011 10:19 AM

Oct 2009
Eye floaters?
Jan 31, 2011 10:26 AM

Apr 2010
It's normal when you look away from a light source or something bright. Just an after-image burned into your eye temporarily, everyone who can see gets them.

Jan 31, 2011 10:31 AM

Sep 2009
Yes, and I used to actively train myself to see them when I was little. I thought they were faeries. ^^;
Jan 31, 2011 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
Neiru2012 said:
Yes, and I used to actively train myself to see them when I was little. I thought they were faeries. ^^;

Same here. I was so scared once I couldn't sleep, and my parents had no idea what I was talking about...

Jan 31, 2011 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
Gogetters said:
Eye floaters?
It's when you see tiny, dark spots that aren't really there. The appear to float just in front of your eyes, hence the name. I think they might be caused by the fact that your vision actually has holes in it. Your brain fills them in normally, but floaters might actually be the gaps in your vision, and you see them when, for some reason, your brain is not filling them in. Just a random, personal theory I came up with on the spot. If I'm right, cool, I figured something out.

They're not to be confused with afterimages, which are the result of over-stimulation of the eyes causing them to become less sensitive to the color you're staring at (which is way afterimages are the inverse of the color they're from).

I usually get floaters when I get dizzy, but not really anytime else.

Edit: After checking Wikipedia to see whether or not my theory was right, I found out that I was confusing floaters with just plain old spots. Silly me. I actually don't get floaters as Wikipedia describes them. Or at least, not that I noticed. I wear glasses, so if I saw them I'd probably think it was just something on them.
AbstractCalamityJan 31, 2011 11:24 AM
Jan 31, 2011 11:35 AM
Jul 2010
I never really paid attention to my floaters in the past, and even if i saw a few, i always thought that it was normal and everybody have them.

i see them only when im "searching" for them.
Jan 31, 2011 11:38 AM

Dec 2007
You have a tumor.
Jan 31, 2011 11:50 AM
Jul 2010
Sonic_Moronic said:
You have a tumor.

Ahh.... too many freaks, not enough circuses.

If I throw a stick, will you leave? :)
Tan_fJan 31, 2011 11:53 AM
Jan 31, 2011 1:40 PM
Sep 2010
PandaCubCup said:
I know it can be a problem if you see them also on dark areas, or, if you see flashes, but its not the case for me. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

Isn’t it normal to see them (sometimes) when you close your eye’s? When I can't sleep I'll close my eye's and try fallowing them.
Jan 31, 2011 3:09 PM

May 2010
I haven't noticed any, I'm lucky ^_^
Jan 31, 2011 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
For some reason I only get them when I am taking a shower or bath, no where else.....lol
SevenJan 31, 2011 3:17 PM
Jan 31, 2011 3:56 PM

Aug 2010
I thought they had something to do with the fluid in your eyes. That's why you usually see them just off center of your focus, and when you try to look at them they move away. Like trying to turn a glass of water with ice in it.

I see them often when I'm just kind of dozing off or spacing out.

EDIT: Found this

"Eye floaters are little specks of debris floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball. Sometimes people may momentarily confuse them with dust or tiny insects floating across in front of the eye. However, they are within the eyeball and are not eliminated by rubbing the front of the eye. They follow the rapid movements of the eye while drifting slowly from one place to another. If floaters didn't move, they would be invisible due to a process called neural adaptation. "
Jan 31, 2011 4:06 PM
Jan 2011
Dozens. But they look more amoeba-like than spot-like to me. I read that they're remnants left over from when eyes were forming.

I have floaters, visual snow, blue-field entoptic phenomena, haidinger's brush, and a random pink field that often appears in my left peripheral vision. Do I win the screwed-up vision contest?
Jan 31, 2011 5:49 PM

Jun 2009
Thillygooth said:
"Eye floaters are little specks of debris floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball. Sometimes people may momentarily confuse them with dust or tiny insects floating across in front of the eye. However, they are within the eyeball and are not eliminated by rubbing the front of the eye. They follow the rapid movements of the eye while drifting slowly from one place to another. If floaters didn't move, they would be invisible due to a process called neural adaptation. "
See, that's exactly what I was thinking. Wikipedia describes floaters as something different.
"Wikipedia said:
Floaters are deposits of various size, shape, consistency, refractive index, and motility within the eye's vitreous humour, which is normally transparent.[1][2] They may be of embryonic origin or acquired due to degenerative changes of the vitreous humour or retina.[1] The perception of floaters is known as myodesopsia,[3] or less commonly as myiodeopsia, myiodesopsia, or myodeopsia.[1] Floaters are visible because of the shadows they cast on the retina[4] or their refraction of the light that passes through them, and can appear alone or together with several others in one's field of vision. They may appear as spots, threads, or fragments of cobwebs, which float slowly before the observer's eyes.[2] Since these objects exist within the eye itself, they are not optical illusions but are entoptic phenomena.

One specific type of floater is either called Muscae volitantes (from the Latin, meaning 'flying flies'), or mouches volantes (from the French), and consist of small spots. These are present in most people's eyes and are attributed to minute remnants of embryonic structures in the vitreous humour.[1]
Although, after rereading that, spots like I thought of in my earlier post and you described just now are included in that definition.

So, not only was my theory was wrong, but I wrong about being wrong as well. Silly, silly, me.
Jan 31, 2011 6:15 PM

Sep 2008
when I first read the thread title I had thought of eye boogers and I thought that was what the thread was about lol

anyways as for topic, I usually get them if I strain my eyes on something for a long time(like on my pc at work) and then look at something bright
Jan 31, 2011 6:33 PM

Sep 2008
I get them all the time but mine aren't dark spots, they're prismatic, they change from every possible visible light spectrum before they get to the edges of my eye and they snake through my eyes. I get them when I putt pressure on my eyes or stress myself out.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 31, 2011 8:39 PM

Nov 2007
I've seen them before, but only a few times in my life. I've never really thought much of them before.
Jan 31, 2011 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
I have them too. I think it is quite common. I only really notice them if I focus my attention on them. When I'm staring at a white background or light that is when I notice them the most.
Jan 31, 2011 10:59 PM

Mar 2009
I've experienced it before but never really thought much about it.
Jan 31, 2011 11:01 PM
Jul 2010
drnyet said:
Dozens. But they look more amoeba-like than spot-like to me. I read that they're remnants left over from when eyes were forming.

I have floaters, visual snow, blue-field entoptic phenomena, haidinger's brush, and a random pink field that often appears in my left peripheral vision. Do I win the screwed-up vision contest?

Well if your doctor checked your eyes, i think its normal.
My vision is not perfect also.

-1.5 in my left eye & -3.5 in my right, funny that i have more floaters in my better eye.
Feb 1, 2011 5:51 AM
Dec 2009
I like them when I do get them.
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Feb 1, 2011 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
blame_chi said:
I like them when I do get them.

They can provide some amusement when you try to focus on it and it keeps moving away.
Feb 1, 2011 9:02 AM

Sep 2010
haven't got them for awhile sine i started wearing glasses (and man do I look so bad in glasses) lol. i remember them though.

Feb 1, 2011 9:13 AM
Jul 2010
taki-desu said:
haven't got them for awhile sine i started wearing glasses (and man do I look so bad in glasses) lol. i remember them though.
What number is your glases?
Feb 1, 2011 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
Feb 1, 2011 4:04 PM
Jan 2010
I get these quite a bit, seems when I go from a dark room to light room I get them or looking at moniter/screen to long.
Feb 1, 2011 4:56 PM

Apr 2010
I've had them a couple times before. I usually get them when I am outside for quite a while
Feb 6, 2011 1:34 AM
Jul 2010
i just came back from my eye doctor... my eyes perfectly fine thank GOD.
He saw my floaters and he started talking with them "hi there floaters" "yeah i see them, they saying hi to me back"
lol was so funny...

I asked him so why do i have them? he said that they "just there" and there is nothing i can do about, just forgrt about them.

My pupils so big now its scary T_T

Its pretty weird when people saying i "got them in the past" because if you already saw them, they almost never go away...
They just sitting in the buttom of your eye this is why you dont see them always, but they always there.
Tan_fFeb 6, 2011 1:42 AM
Feb 6, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2009
I got freaked out seeing them, thought was going blind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7636 by Dostojevskij »»
3 seconds ago

» Would you pat or slap the above user? v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Oct 5, 2022

9665 by OniMage »»
5 seconds ago

» What did the above user get arrested for? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

marinara-sauce - Jul 9, 2020

1278 by OniMage »»
48 seconds ago

» Tag someone who stands out to you ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 17, 2019

175 by IpreferEcchi »»
3 minutes ago

» Make things feel weird with the user above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Mikoto_Suzuhara - Nov 30, 2016

226 by 6EyedBastard »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.