Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2011 1:49 PM
Nov 2010
Hello, I'm in a search of anime that'd have me watch it all the way till the end without stopping...:P
Taste: anything except vampire/werewolves and too much hentai...
You can also take a look at my anime list to see what I've watched so far if it helps...

Thanks...
Jan 12, 2011 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
I'll recommend... Soul Eater (:
Give it a chance if you like action and comedy.
Jan 12, 2011 3:36 PM
Feb 2010
Outlaw Star and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
Jan 12, 2011 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
Since you don't have something specific in mind, I suggest just clicking on random anime series and see if anything catches your eye.
In this way I often find several series that look interesting. Granted, after trying them out, not all are good, but sometimes I find really good series this way. :D

Anyway, after looking at your list, I must ask you: Why don't you have Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in your list? :O
You seem to have really enjoyed it and seeing more of the characters you've enjoyed, what's better than that?
Though keep in mind Brotherhood is a different beast than the series you've seen. Most likely you'll end up preferring one over the other...but if you're a fan, you'll have a blast.
CookieBunJan 12, 2011 6:01 PM
Jan 13, 2011 1:45 AM
Nov 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
I'll recommend... Soul Eater (:
Give it a chance if you like action and comedy.

I'm already watching that one...;)

CookieBun said:
Since you don't have something specific in mind, I suggest just clicking on random anime series and see if anything catches your eye.
In this way I often find several series that look interesting. Granted, after trying them out, not all are good, but sometimes I find really good series this way. :D

Anyway, after looking at your list, I must ask you: Why don't you have Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in your list? :O
You seem to have really enjoyed it and seeing more of the characters you've enjoyed, what's better than that?
Though keep in mind Brotherhood is a different beast than the series you've seen. Most likely you'll end up preferring one over the other...but if you're a fan, you'll have a blast.

I don't really like watching anime from start or part where I've already been, even if the ending of first one wasn't cool, you can see that with quite a couple of anime on my list...
Jan 13, 2011 3:36 PM

Nov 2007
Well that's too bad then. You seem to really like action and Brotherhood delivers on that partmuch better than the first one. Plus the similar material is only for the first 10 or so episodes out of the 64 I think episodes it has.

First 30 eps. or so of the first series (out of 51) = First 10 or so of Brotherhood (out of 64)

Well...hope you find something that you like then. Good luck.
Jan 13, 2011 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
It's hard to know what you like, especially since you haven't specified in this topic and you seem to rate anime highly in general. Looking at your list, though, you have lots of action-oriented titles so I'll go from there.

Seconding FMA: Brotherhood, if it helps convince you xD

Adding:
- Baccano! (confusing at first, since it jumps from one time period to another, but a great series with action, comedy, and awesome characters)
- Nabari no Ou (kind of like Naruto but less shounen-ish)
- Sword of the Stranger (a movie but an excellent action/drama)
Jan 14, 2011 1:33 AM

Jun 2009
hard to tell, you like some of my favorite animes...

id say you should watch Monster or Eve no Jikan
Jan 14, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
Considering I see a lot of 9's and 10's in your list, I'm gathering you like action so I'm going to suggest trying out the following:

Black Cat - series about an assassin turn bounty hunter. It's your typical shonen anime with a lot of action and linear plot, but I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Busou Renkin - another shonen series that has a fair bit of action mixed with comedy and drama.

Chrno Crusade - this one doesn't have vampires or werewolves, but it does have demons. Has a pretty good dramatic story to it and a lot of action.

Chrome Shelled Regios - this one is a hit or miss for some people. Does contain some action and comedy with a hint of harem romance, and contains one of my fave moé characters Felli.

Cowboy Bebop - if you don't mind old school then this series is a must, and is about space bounty hunters. It's a hit or miss for some people due to that it's a.) episodic and the underlying plot is minimal or b.) the animation is old school. But give it a try and see what you think.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - if you like superpowers then this series is worth trying out as it has both magic and ESP-type power users as the cast. 2nd season is currently airing at the moment.

Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e - this series I find to be underrated, and is actually a good series. Contains both action, suspense and a pretty decent plot.
Jan 14, 2011 4:08 PM

Feb 2010
Try Ouran High School Host Club (: . It's a cheerful anime that sort of follows on the same line as 'slice-of-life'. It's good to get away from shounen sometimes.
You can try watching a movie if you'd like. Spirited Away is a really good movie. I highly recommend it. It's a bit slower pace, and may not be series, but it's definitely worth watching.
Jan 15, 2011 1:54 AM

Jun 2010
Ok seems like you like almost anything soo lets see hmmm....

Nabari no Ou

all the .hack's (besides the ones you got on your list)

Ayashi no Ceres (cant remember if ya have it on the list but its a good one imo)

Full metal alchemist: brotherhood ( yes i know this was listed a few times but lets clear it up more... the 03 one didnt really follow the manga/story line as well soo they made a 09 to follow the manga/story line. you will find a few episodes kinda similar/recycled if you must say, but this is not a let down. In all honesty i think this one was better then the other. more action lil more drama and a lil more romance :P)

D N angel (very cute one)

now if you like the Cardcaptor Sakura thing id suggest trying these

Wedding Peach
Tokyo Mew Mew
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Magic Knight Rayearth
Jan 15, 2011 3:14 AM
Nov 2010
Firstly, sorry for not replying until now...
Aeterna said:

- Baccano! (confusing at first, since it jumps from one time period to another, but a great series with action, comedy, and awesome characters)
- Nabari no Ou (kind of like Naruto but less shounen-ish)
- Sword of the Stranger (a movie but an excellent action/drama)

People have suggested Baccano! earlier to me, too, so it's probably one of first I'll watch soon... Thanks for the other suggestions, as well, I'll check them out...
Also, sorry for the weird ratings, I'm not quite good at that stuff...:D
glicre said:
id say you should watch Monster or Eve no Jikan

Monster is not an anime I would watch, I'll check the other out, it seems cool...
Scrypt said:
Considering I see a lot of 9's and 10's in your list, I'm gathering you like action so I'm going to suggest trying out the following:

Black Cat - series about an assassin turn bounty hunter. It's your typical shonen anime with a lot of action and linear plot, but I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Busou Renkin - another shonen series that has a fair bit of action mixed with comedy and drama.

Chrno Crusade - this one doesn't have vampires or werewolves, but it does have demons. Has a pretty good dramatic story to it and a lot of action.

Chrome Shelled Regios - this one is a hit or miss for some people. Does contain some action and comedy with a hint of harem romance, and contains one of my fave moé characters Felli.

Cowboy Bebop - if you don't mind old school then this series is a must, and is about space bounty hunters. It's a hit or miss for some people due to that it's a.) episodic and the underlying plot is minimal or b.) the animation is old school. But give it a try and see what you think.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - if you like superpowers then this series is worth trying out as it has both magic and ESP-type power users as the cast. 2nd season is currently airing at the moment.

Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e - this series I find to be underrated, and is actually a good series. Contains both action, suspense and a pretty decent plot.

These all seem cool, I've had Cowboy Bebop suggested to me earlier, too, so I'll watch it soon... Thanks...

And yes, I like action or something like Death Note...:P

Sereni said:
Try Ouran High School Host Club (: . It's a cheerful anime that sort of follows on the same line as 'slice-of-life'. It's good to get away from shounen sometimes.
You can try watching a movie if you'd like. Spirited Away is a really good movie. I highly recommend it. It's a bit slower pace, and may not be series, but it's definitely worth watching.

Ouran High School Host Club doesn't seem to be too fun, to be honest...
As for Spirited Away, I've heard a lot of good things about it and it's on my "plan to watch" list already...:)
mysticmoogle said:
Ok seems like you like almost anything soo lets see hmmm....

Nabari no Ou

all the .hack's (besides the ones you got on your list)

Ayashi no Ceres (cant remember if ya have it on the list but its a good one imo)

Full metal alchemist: brotherhood ( yes i know this was listed a few times but lets clear it up more... the 03 one didnt really follow the manga/story line as well soo they made a 09 to follow the manga/story line. you will find a few episodes kinda similar/recycled if you must say, but this is not a let down. In all honesty i think this one was better then the other. more action lil more drama and a lil more romance :P)

D N angel (very cute one)

now if you like the Cardcaptor Sakura thing id suggest trying these

Wedding Peach
Tokyo Mew Mew
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Magic Knight Rayearth

I've been thinking of watching all(that are made until now) .hack series but I kinda have a problem with which I should watch first, if there's a guide or something somewhere, please put a link...;)
Ayashi no Ceres sounds fun and I've heard good things about D.N.Angel so that one will probably be one of first...
Tokyo Mew Mew, I've watched it, I just forgot to add it...:D
However, I am not a great fan of things focusing on what the last mentioned anime are focusing on...

Thanks everyone and "Wow!" at the "pressure" for FMA Brotherhood!
Jan 15, 2011 2:33 PM

Dec 2010
You can marathon Angel Beats =) I found it as a fairly decent series, and it's only around 13 episodes.

Jan 15, 2011 4:02 PM

Jun 2010
according to my friend and this site.. i believe its sign/twilight/roots but heres the sign's link http://myanimelist.net/anime/48/.hack//Sign its been ages since i seen the anime so i kinda forgot :P but they r all pretty good once u know wats happening
Jan 25, 2011 1:50 PM
Nov 2010
wonderfulc said:
You can marathon Angel Beats =) I found it as a fairly decent series, and it's only around 13 episodes.
Thanks, it seems cool, I'll watch it soon...:)
mysticmoogle said:
according to my friend and this site.. i believe its sign/twilight/roots but heres the sign's link http://myanimelist.net/anime/48/.hack//Sign its been ages since i seen the anime so i kinda forgot :P but they r all pretty good once u know wats happening
Thanks, I think I've found the order... And yeah, it takes some thinking to get what's happening...:D
Jan 25, 2011 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
anime that come to mind as far as ones that i marathoned (or close to)

black lagoon
eve no jikaan
baccanno!
Claymore
Ergo Proxy
Samurai Champloo

all of these were amazing and are must watches. most if them will draw you in with just episode one.

More topics from this board

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - May 8

9 by tmoverbeck »»
27 minutes ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - 58 minutes ago

2 by Ohayotaku »»
27 minutes ago

» Looking for harem + ecchi + adventure

aizen_sosuke3162 - 4 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - May 7

14 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for friendly and open-minded girls

Nagi_Karman - 8 hours ago

3 by mo_lave »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.