Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2011 8:27 AM

Aug 2010
awww. I kind of expected that though
Takahiro Sakurai = <3
Jan 8, 2011 8:40 AM

Aug 2010
Well, now I have an excuse to start the series now.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 8, 2011 8:58 AM

Nov 2009
guess its time for me to pick up where i left off in the series
Jan 8, 2011 8:59 AM
Jan 8, 2011 10:26 AM

Aug 2009
I'll get to reading it soon then, if it's about to end :)

Sort of wished they would finish some of their other series before jumping into a new one like Gate 7... It does sound interesting though.
Jan 8, 2011 12:28 PM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
people commenting on it "being boring" should understand that its not action manga. its not comedy manga. its not a damn shonen ai too(thankfully). Its nota shounen manga too, its seinen.

Fail. Boring mangas are not necessarily action mangas.
What is boring about xxxHolic at this point is that it has lost its best character (IMO), and just when an overarching plot was being brought to the surface the series reverted back to the one-event-per-chapter phase. For a manga that comes out monthly, that's incredibly slow and boring pacing. No matter what underlying themes are being put in the latest chapters, if I just got back to where the series started, I won't feel any impact coming from them.
Jan 8, 2011 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
its not a damn shonen ai too(thankfully). Its nota shounen manga too, its seinen.

BARELY!!!!

I frankly liked it when Yuuko was still around, and even if you defend it by saying it's a Philosophical manga, most people aren't interested in that sort of genre.

Besides all of that, most of it's remaining fans (IDIOTIC FAN GIRLS) who drool at the hope that Watanuki and Doumeki will go all yaoi and fuck each other.

If it sounds like I'm trolling, I APPOLOGIZE....

That is not my intention, I'm simply stating my opinions at a manga that has fallen ever since Tsubasa ended.
Jan 8, 2011 2:45 PM

Sep 2010
good now finish X/1999.

The XXXHolic manga was alright then I just sort of dropped it after Tsubasa ended although I might pick it back up again once its over next month I'm sure I'm not that far behind...
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 8, 2011 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
Darn it.

Jan 9, 2011 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
Good. My last clamp manga
Jan 9, 2011 7:34 AM

Mar 2009
Zalxoras said:
alexcampos said:
Fai said:
its not a damn shonen ai too(thankfully). Its nota shounen manga too, its seinen.

BARELY!!!!

I frankly liked it when Yuuko was still around, and even if you defend it by saying it's a Philosophical manga, most people aren't interested in that sort of genre.

Besides all of that, most of it's remaining fans (IDIOTIC FAN GIRLS) who drool at the hope that Watanuki and Doumeki will go all yaoi and fuck each other.

If it sounds like I'm trolling, I APPOLOGIZE....

That is not my intention, I'm simply stating my opinions at a manga that has fallen ever since Tsubasa ended.

QFT

It's precisely because xxxHolic storyline has gone much more philosophical that some fans found it boring but I for one certainly don't feel that. Since Yuuko left the scene, the arcs that came after were very much a character study on Watanuki and how he's coping and keeping his promise to Yuuko. Of course, there comes a point when for all that he has done to keep his end of the bargain, things has to come to a certain end. Now is a good time to end it albeit, CLAMP's sudden and abrupt way in making the end official doesn't sit well with the fans. Because it'll me a rush job. Hopefully that isn't the case.
Jan 9, 2011 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
It's a shame but the plot was going nowhere after Tsubasa ended I guess.
Jan 9, 2011 9:04 PM
May 2010
sugardiri said:
Ok now I'm creeping myself out, check this out, and this is a true story! XD

1) I recently finished watching the xxx holic season 1 and 2 so I was thinking of reading the manga sometime this week. And all of a sudden it's going to end now! And I'm like hey, why does it end when I start reading it! D:

But that's not the weird thing, this same situation has happened to me 4 TIMES already! :

2)When I started watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood anime and manga, I was so excited and expecting years of awaiting new chapters and what do I get? Two months later the manga ends, so does the anime !

3) I started to watch the D. Gray Man anime and catched up to episode 99 in less than 4-5 days. Then it suddendly ends in episode 103 a couple of weeks later.

4) So I went to watch the D. Gray Man manga and catched up to the most recent at the time. What happened? She went on a super hiatus two or three chapters later.

5) And when I catched up to the junjou romantica manga I was so happy! And what happens? Scanlations stop that very same week. And I'm like Nooooo! Ooo!!

It's a curse! It's a cruse I tell ya! All the popular manga and anime I read end!!lol XD JK

But for real why the heck does the stuff I start watching end abruptly so much! That sucks so bad! XD

Looks like you should start reading naruto and bleach, so they would end once and for all now.
Jan 9, 2011 9:23 PM

Nov 2008
Sad news but I'm happy to hear it, kinda. The last few chapters have been rather bland, I only hope that it's given an ending it deserves... and not a bland "open" one either.
Jan 9, 2011 9:40 PM

Jan 2008
This should have ended when Tsubasa ended. I always thought the two series were supposed to be two sides of the same coin...So its weird to read it now without the Tsubasa elements to fill it in. UNLESS IT'S ONE WHOLE PLOT TWIST OR SOMETHING!

Banner made by suikka
Jan 9, 2011 11:30 PM

Jan 2010
Ah, I need to catch up on the xxxHolic manga some time.

The new Clamp manga sounds pretty interesting though--I'll have to check that one out.
Jan 10, 2011 12:12 AM

Dec 2009
Ah ! I need to catch up with latest chaps.
Looking forward to Gate 7, hope that will be as interesting.
Jan 10, 2011 4:12 AM

Oct 2008
the_seventh_l said:
Well. Everything has to end sometimes, or else nothing would ever get started.

Like, I dunno, THE END OF GOHOU DRUG. Or the end of X/1999. Just saying.

^^^^^^^^

Sigh, I foresee yet another troll finale from CLAMP.
Jan 10, 2011 12:51 PM

Nov 2008
Oh snap.

Hmm, I don't know what to say.... Probably start reading when I have time.
Jan 10, 2011 3:33 PM

Dec 2008
Finally -.- It was getting worse
Jan 10, 2011 6:34 PM
Nov 2010
I started reading the REAL (not scanlation like fake fans) manga, I'm at volume 14. I can't believe it's ending so soon, it was starting to become interesting. One of the rare stuff I watch and read that I started with a very generous 6/10 to finish with a solid 8~9/10
Jan 12, 2011 1:11 AM

Feb 2008
Bout damm *beep*-ing time.

xxxHolic should have ended not long after Tsubasa did and after Yuuko left the picture, ever sense then its been really dragging its heels. It's like they have been forcing it to continue just to keep milking it.

Fai said:
people commenting on it "being boring" should understand that its not action manga. its not comedy manga. its not a damn shonen ai too(thankfully). Its nota shounen manga too, its seinen.

Of course it isn't.
If I want a shonen action manga i'll go read Fullmetal Alchemist or Bleach, but I read xxxHolic for the supernatural (sometimes even thought provoking) goodness.

How do I put xxxHolic's recent dullness into words...?

Zalxoras said:

Fail. Boring mangas are not necessarily action mangas.
What is boring about xxxHolic at this point is that it has lost its best character (IMO), and just when an overarching plot was being brought to the surface the series reverted back to the one-event-per-chapter phase. For a manga that comes out monthly, that's incredibly slow and boring pacing. No matter what underlying themes are being put in the latest chapters, if I just got back to where the series started, I won't feel any impact coming from them.

Thank you!!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Now lets just hope xxxHolic has a decent ending, although I doubt it after what happened with Tsubasa. I'm still annoyed with how the last part of Tsubasa turned out.
Jan 20, 2011 1:10 PM
Mar 2010
Thank God :D I love this manga, but 4 ever and ever, duh it must end someday and good to hear that the promised day will come soon :)))
well I wanted to see some Watanuki X Himawari development, cuz I have a feeling that there is something between them but a huge obstacle in their way won´t let them get any more closer :///

I´m lookin forward to Yuuko s return.
Jan 20, 2011 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
celty said:
well I wanted to see some Watanuki X Himawari development, cuz I have a feeling that there is something between them but a huge obstacle in their way won´t let them get any more closer :///

I guess no one told you Watanuki is gay for Doumeki...
Jan 26, 2011 11:23 AM

Mar 2008
Hnnnng, that's so far away.
Feb 9, 2011 1:31 AM

Dec 2010
:( I didn't see this coming. I'm excited to read their new series but I'll miss Holic.
Feb 9, 2011 6:23 AM

Dec 2010
I agree with what people have said, it's disappointing they didn't make it more of what it could have potentially of been. I'm still proud of CLAMP and happy they continued on with Holic, after TRC ended it was what I had left to look forward to. To hear how the story with Syaoran and the others developed a little, but it definitely lost what it had when TRC ended. I hope we see more of Syaoran in their new release, I don't ever want them to just cut their story off but with CLAMP they do that rather regularly with their Manga at times. I like, but also HATE open endings which is why I do like TRC's ending, but also I want to know MORE.

PandaPuff said:
CLAMP needs to desperately end X/1999!

I agree.
Mar 21, 2011 8:20 PM

Apr 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I wont accept this.... sob sob... I wont forgive CLAMP if the ending suck!!!!! grrr!!!!!!!! D'X

I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 xxxHolic sooooooooooo MUCH!!!!

:'( everything has to end ne....
Mar 10, 2012 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
Man, they totally ruined this great manga, I would've put it on my top ten but they butchered it, they butchered Watanuki's character too, one of my most favourite chararacters ever, what the hell...

I have a last hope that they will tie up his story nicely (not this waiting for Yuuko while being all emo bullshit) in Drug Drop (Legal Drug before it was in hiatus) where he's making an appearance.

Although I resent this backhanded way of making us buy more manga just to see what's going on in the story of another manga =_= First xxxholic and Tsubasa, now xxxholic and Drug & Drop, what's going on with Clamp?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.