Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2011 12:40 PM
Jul 2010
This has a really good chance at being a long running series I will name some reasons why.

1. The timeslot it is in is worth like 40 million dollars so toei wouldn't waste that much money for only a 12,26 or even a 52 episode anime.

2. The timeslot it is in is DBZKai Previous timeslot and the timeslot that comes right before one piece so it will get amazing ratings.

3. It has enough chapters for the series to not have to many fillers

Those are 3 really good reasons it might be a long running series.
Jan 10, 2011 4:35 AM

Nov 2008
Oh, really now? ^_-
Feb 27, 2011 9:56 AM

Mar 2010
I hope that this is going to be a long running series.
Mar 2, 2011 7:05 AM

Oct 2007
SSJLuffy said:
I hope that this is going to be a long running series.

It is. It's one of the most popular series in Jump. Basically it's on the level of popularity as Naruto or Bleach.

I'm really excited for it. I always thought Coco's poison moves would look so much cooler in animated opposed to just seeing the pictures in the manga.
Mar 2, 2011 11:02 AM
Apr 2010
enough long running series? think ill give this a miss i getting sick of anime that run for hundreds of episodes
Mar 2, 2011 1:53 PM
Oct 2009
MasterAlchemist said:
enough long running series? think ill give this a miss i getting sick of anime that run for hundreds of episodes

man we don't get those except once a decade, i'm waiting for those.
count the "more than 100 episode anime series"... we really need more man
Mar 8, 2011 12:38 AM

Sep 2008
Definitely looking forward to having this go long enough for me to get sick of it. I liked the OVA, and I should get a good couple hundred episodes before previously awesome things become the source of great aggravation.
Apr 2, 2011 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
Anyone going to be subbing it?
Apr 3, 2011 7:48 AM

May 2009
SGKK will.
Apr 3, 2011 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome. SGKK are pretty good. One of the best compromises between speed and quality IMO.
Apr 3, 2011 8:36 AM
Oct 2009
it's a joint project between Anime-destiny and SGKK,
Apr 3, 2011 6:53 PM
Jul 2008
Oh I really do hope that's not the case, or I'll have to drop it.
We all now that long running anime are the worst.
Apr 5, 2011 2:39 AM

Dec 2009
Hmmm... a shonen anime with the capability to compete with the big 3?
Interesting times these are.
Apr 5, 2011 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
Apr 5, 2011 5:26 PM

Feb 2008
Cant wait for this
Apr 6, 2011 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
Nachotee said:

Nothing wrong with long lasting as long as its good.

Time_Warp said:
Hmmm... a shonen anime with the capability to compete with the big 3?

Fairy Tail already outdoes Naruto and Bleach in TV ratings. So I'd say the Big 3 has already been dismantled.

Apr 6, 2011 2:56 PM

Mar 2009
Ratings alone do not determine the success of a series. DVD sales hold much more weight, as well as movie revenue. Bleach and Naruto have much better DVD sales than Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail is also at a loss because it doesn't have a movie series yet. I wouldn't say the Big Three have been dismantled quite yet, but I do agree with the possibility of Toriko making it a Big Four.
Apr 6, 2011 4:53 PM

Oct 2009
This show reeks of long-running seriesness. From the second I found the special episode randomly on here long ago I knew I was in for something the likes of which would change me forever. Cannot wait. I only hope Jump makes another Allstars DS game because WANT TORIKO DECK.
Apr 7, 2011 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
RyanSaotome said:

Fairy Tail already outdoes Naruto and Bleach in TV ratings. So I'd say the Big 3 has already been dismantled.

True.

I think its a matter of time before Fairy tail outmatches Naruto, can't say anything about one piece since i've never really watched it. And probably gonna outmatch Bleach aswell.
Apr 7, 2011 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
Supergrunt8 said:
RyanSaotome said:

True.

I think its a matter of time before Fairy tail outmatches Naruto, can't say anything about one piece since i've never really watched it. And probably gonna outmatch Bleach aswell.

One Piece is nearly impossible to pass. One Piece averages like 11-12% of households watching it at one time, while Naruto and Bleach typically do 4-5%. In recent weeks, Fairy Tail has been up to 5-6% though, even during a filler arc.

Apr 8, 2011 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
Fairy tail won't beat them, because it is heavily censored
Apr 9, 2011 1:35 PM

Apr 2007
pokymon said:
Fairy tail won't beat them, because it is heavily censored

And the big 3 arent? Even One Piece who can get hardcore (Nami stabbing her own arm repedeatly due to her arlong tattoo, guy biting off his tongue when sold at slave auction, etc) is still censored compared to manga.
Apr 10, 2011 7:18 AM

May 2009
Yeah man, but Fairy tail hasn't shown a drop of blood so far and they even censored simple knife and sword stabbs. It's basically a kids anime.
V0ltekkaApr 10, 2011 7:25 AM
Apr 11, 2011 9:52 PM
Jul 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Supergrunt8 said:
RyanSaotome said:

True.

One Piece is nearly impossible to pass. One Piece averages like 11-12% of households watching it at one time, while Naruto and Bleach typically do 4-5%. In recent weeks, Fairy Tail has been up to 5-6% though, even during a filler arc.

Bleach hasn't got a 4 since like the end of 2008 ususually bleach get 1 9 - 2 3
Apr 21, 2011 3:16 PM
Jul 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

But long lasting anime aren't good.
They're shit filled with fillers, and the story and pacing get incredibly stupid after a hundred episodes. More than 50 is usually overkill.
Apr 21, 2011 5:31 PM

Jan 2009
Nachotee said:
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

They're shit filled with fillers, and the story and pacing get incredibly stupid after a hundred episodes. More than 50 is usually overkill.

That's just untrue. Also, you can always skip the fillers and only watch the real episodes.
Apr 22, 2011 8:06 AM

Sep 2008
Nachotee said:
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

Then stop watching after fifty episodes? Is that just too simple a solution?
Apr 22, 2011 4:59 PM
Jul 2008
Jesuvius said:
Nachotee said:
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

That's just untrue. Also, you can always skip the fillers and only watch the real episodes.
But they are essentially made to produce money. The mangaka's more focused on making sure the story never ends, than on making it good, basically, every episode is a filler when the main point of the story is to be long.
Anyway, I'm enjoying this. It'd certainly be pretty good as a 12 episode show, might even be able to extend it to 24. But I can't see it as anything longer than that.
Apr 23, 2011 12:23 AM

Apr 2010
Nachotee said:
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

Watch Gintama. You'll change your mind about a show not being good if it has more than 50 episodes then

Apr 26, 2011 12:21 AM

Apr 2007
Nachotee said:
Jesuvius said:
Nachotee said:
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

But they are essentially made to produce money. The mangaka's more focused on making sure the story never ends, than on making it good, basically, every episode is a filler when the main point of the story is to be long.
Anyway, I'm enjoying this. It'd certainly be pretty good as a 12 episode show, might even be able to extend it to 24. But I can't see it as anything longer than that.

I implore you to watch Legends of the Galactic Heroes. It's a 100+ episode show thats extremely intelligent and anything but "fillerish". Not saying long running series are always good, but they aren't automatically fail.
Apr 26, 2011 6:45 AM

Sep 2010
Nachotee said:
Jesuvius said:
Nachotee said:
RyanSaotome said:
Nachotee said:

I beg to differ, One Piece main goal was getting One Piece and it's still keeping it's quality maybe even better, all the things that happened in like episode 400, you got a hint that it WAS going to happen from episode 150 or something. So far, One Piece is the only long running series that I think it was linked from the very beginning. Naruto's goal kept changing each episode, Bleach totally has no goal whatsoever.

Toriko - I think it will be long running because it has the capability of adding more and more filler stories (Like Detective Conan), that main concept of Toriko is rather dull, I also thought it was pretty bad. So, I do hope it's not gonna be long running. I don't even get it's high ratings, it just seems rather dull to me. =/ I didn't enjoy it at all while watching it. -.-
Apr 27, 2011 6:54 PM

May 2009
-Voltekka said:
Yeah man, but Fairy tail hasn't shown a drop of blood so far and they even censored simple knife and sword stabbs. It's basically a kids anime.

I actually think I saw a drop of blood in one ep.

Apr 29, 2011 3:07 PM
Oct 2009
toriko's concept is original, it has a story like no other.

and it's not boring either,

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toriko Episode 5 Discussion

Game_Master - May 3, 2011

21 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 3 Discussion

EvilSynner - Apr 19, 2011

29 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 38 Discussion

Cetais - Dec 27, 2011

11 by Frippy_ »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 101 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 22, 2013

16 by nightjasmine »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 147 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 29, 2014

42 by Gator »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.