Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2010 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it finally ended. Having followed this for so long, waiting every month for a new chapter, I'd say this was a satisfying ending, not as good as what I had expected, but satisfying. I'm still having mixed feelings about how it ended, but I'm kind of glad it was a happy end of some sort.

While the entire story had some plot holes and have probably left many confused, this was, overall, a great read. I'm not going to go into any details, but the ending in particular was quite... Amazing, for the lack of any better word that I can think up of with my tired mind right now.

Now all that's left is to hope for them to make a full season anime out of this, with Esuno sensei supervising so they don't screw it up and spawn something hideous. And if that ever happens, I wouldn't mind if they changed the voice actors or not... Except for Aizawa Mai. Please don't change Aizawa Mai. She did the best and most unexpected voice acting for that pilot episode.
Dec 27, 2010 7:03 PM

Jan 2010
I don't even know what to say about that ending..no sir I do not.
Ok™
Dec 27, 2010 7:17 PM

Jan 2008
Cute chapter, I'm glad to see a happy end.

Overall 9/10. It started out as my favorite manga of all time, but the ending got pretty wild and the whole parallel worlds doesn't really do it for me. Actually, to be honest, I feel towards the end, the plot became very lazy. As if they were writing the first thing that came to their heads.

"Okay, so... how about the gods take Yuno's memory and put it in the other Yuno, and have her break time and space with a hammer so that yuno and yuuki can be together?"

"Great, fund it."

Also, someone explain to me WHY WERE THE BABIES FLYING?
phinix_downDec 27, 2010 7:21 PM
Dec 27, 2010 7:22 PM
Mar 2010
I think I would have been satisfied with the ending when Yuno said, "I think I am forgetting something."
But then they gave the Biscuit Hammer to Yuno...
Dec 27, 2010 8:34 PM

Feb 2009
Oh, a "deus ex machina" ending.
At least, the forced happy end was funny.

Kanon-kun said:

Minene is confused too.
mado_2kiDec 27, 2010 8:46 PM
Dec 27, 2010 8:53 PM
Dec 27, 2010 8:57 PM

Apr 2009
Rinso said:
Oh, a "deus ex machina" ending.
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.
Dec 27, 2010 9:05 PM

Aug 2008
herox3 said:
I think I would have been satisfied with the ending when Yuno said, "I think I am forgetting something."

i agree but overall i quite liked the ending even though it wasnt perfect. it is still one of my favorite mangas

Rinso said:
Kanon-kun said:

Minene is confused too.

i think that it may have something to do with Deus transferring part of his power into Minene a few chapters ago
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Dec 27, 2010 9:18 PM

Nov 2009
A pretty satisfying ending. I did enjoy it, but I felt this could of been one of the series that really got to me in the last chapter. There are some series that have amazing endings, I felt that Mirai Nikki could of been one, but in the end it wasn't quite as great as I hoped it would be, but it definitely wasn't bad.

It did start to get a bit confusing during the later chapters, but overall I loved reading this manga.
Dec 27, 2010 9:27 PM

Feb 2009
Um...it was okay.
I think it would have been better if they ended it with Yuno in the coffee shop with her friends...
But it wasn't bad.

@Kanon-kun maybe because of the latent god powers Deus gave to Minene a while back?

also...did anyone else notice Ai (7th) was pregnant? Lol.

and I squee'd at the one panel Akise and Tsubaki were in.
wait...how was Akise there, anyways? I thought he was just a stand-in created by Deus, and therefore couldn't have other-world selves.
Unless...ah, forget it.
Dec 27, 2010 9:33 PM
Nov 2008
After Doing some research, I found the site that hosted the chapter when I originally read it a day agos, stopped RIGHT after we read what is onn yuki's phone... so here is my REVISED critique of manga:

other than the fact that yuki world 2 STILL let the world be destroyed, and it took them THREE!!! different parallel universes to get it right, then all was good about this series... maybe too sappy of an ending for such death oriented series, but still nice... however, I would LOVE to see a after after-story of yuno & yuki as god's see what they do with their powers or something like that...
MahaDec 28, 2010 9:32 PM
"If electricity comes from electrons,
Does morality come from morons?"
Dec 27, 2010 10:09 PM

Sep 2009
Boy, this manga got pretty fucking strange rather quickly here in the last few chapters.

xXC64Xx said:
I did enjoy it, but I felt this could of been one of the series that really got to me in the last chapter.

I agree. Reading everything up to it I guess I was expecting a little more in the end.

Or maybe something that made sense. I dunno.

I still really enjoyed the manga so it's hard to bash it too much. I didn't really hate this chapter either. I'm just going to have to let this one roll around in my head a little bit before I can comment more I think.
Dec 27, 2010 10:17 PM
May 2009
SoneAnna said:
Um...it was okay.
I think it would have been better if they ended it with Yuno in the coffee shop with her friends...
But it wasn't bad.

@Kanon-kun maybe because of the latent god powers Deus gave to Minene a while back?

also...did anyone else notice Ai (7th) was pregnant? Lol.

and I squee'd at the one panel Akise and Tsubaki were in.
wait...how was Akise there, anyways? I thought he was just a stand-in created by Deus, and therefore couldn't have other-world selves.
Unless...ah, forget it.

If the manga ended with yuno in the coffee shop the ending would have sucked. There are people that liked yuno and I wanted her and yukki to have a happy ending. I was happy.

And I also thought of the biscuit hammer. When I saw Yuno again.

About akise. Deus said that he can't bring back the dead, meaning he also can't just make a human out of nothing. He can however take a person that already exists and make him into anything. Akise is his creation but he always existed and has a normal origin. You even see his parents in paradox. In the third world he somehow ended up with 6th like he did in paradox. Good end.
Dec 27, 2010 10:28 PM

Feb 2009
I have a lot of things that I want to say about the ending but I don't want to bother.

8/10
Dec 27, 2010 11:42 PM

Dec 2007
I started to freak out when it showed the credits but I was like.... nooo that can't be it!!!!!! there's few more pages left!!!! T_T then random happy ending appears out of nowhere so yayy!!! :D nowwww all I need is an anime cuz this would be so awesome if there was an anime, imagine there be cellphones acting as future diaries like the death note, notebook :3 ahahaha there'd be chaos everywhere D:!!!

oh and @ubergeneral, BISCUIT HAMMER AHAHAHAHAHAHA I totally forgot about that but I believe it flashed in my mind for a quick second, I suddenly realize that this manga and Hoshi no Samidare are very similar, crazy heroine anyone? heh heh
shiki13Dec 27, 2010 11:49 PM
Dec 28, 2010 2:41 AM

Aug 2009
nextday said:
I sort of lost track of what was going on a couple chapters ago so I don't really know what to think of the ending.

Pretty much the same here, though I had picked up on things getting sling-shot towards the GOOD END in the last chapter.

All in all though, while I'm not exactly unhappy, I'm not sure I'd say I'm satisfied. It's a little too clean of an ending because on the one hand you have the "good end" in the third world where Yukki and Yuno are reunited and everyone lives and is sane and has babies (Minene, the Sevens) and lives happily ever after, but then you remember that the 2nd world got frakked to hell and back.

Like people have said, it's a Deus ex Machina ending. Regardless though, it's been a pretty wild ride that's granted us what's pretty much accepted as THE standard for Yandere.
Ha-cha!
Dec 28, 2010 3:23 AM

Oct 2008
Mirai nikki lost me somewhere half in even though it started off good. Ir could have been so much more :/
Dec 28, 2010 3:33 AM
Jan 2009
5/10 for this series.
Dec 28, 2010 3:38 AM

May 2009
Ending sucked.
Everything went downhill after Akise died.
Dec 28, 2010 4:35 AM

Feb 2010
XxsamurixX said:
Ending sucked.
Everything went downhill after Akise died.

true but still 8/10
Dec 28, 2010 4:42 AM

Jul 2009
Didn't like how it ended at all <.<
~by baba <3
Dec 28, 2010 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
Just wait till the Justice diary user turned God from the 4th world comes to sets thing right again.

Till then, the ending could have been worse...much worse.
Dec 28, 2010 5:39 AM
Jul 2008
Ending is way to forced... but nevertheless a happy one with Yukiteru and Yuuno being able to be together and be the gods.
Dec 28, 2010 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
truly WTF moment after all

well anyways i liked it overall besides the ending

and yeah Akise was badass
and so does Minene =D
Dec 28, 2010 5:51 AM
Aug 2009
The last couple of pages were forced and they completely ruined the ending for me. It should've ended with Yukki as God and Yuno in the third world being happy.
Dec 28, 2010 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
While the series has definitely gone weird near the end, the overall ending was fine. Personally was thinking near the end that I was going to be frustrated with the ending if it just ended with Yukki floating around as God. No matter what can't call it a pure happy ending since the whole second world just got obliterated along with the characters we knew. Still the main couple ends up happy which is good in a weird way.

It's been some ride from the first few chapters till now. I'd still say 8/10.
Dec 28, 2010 6:49 AM
Jun 2010
Pretty cool Mangá , it was a pretty cool story of Sad Love , and Happy Love :D
Dec 28, 2010 6:56 AM

Nov 2010
...Honestly what the hell is this? I'm surprised so many people here are complimenting the ending.

Imho, this ending SUCKED. Oh hey, Yuno from the 3rd world was given the 1st's memories... Then the two lived happily ever after.

Are you freaking kidding me? How is that romantic or touching in anyway? I'm sorry, but the 3rd Yuno isn't the same as the 1st Yuno. In technical terms they are, but the two are different beings. It's like my dog dying and my parents buying me a dog that looks exactly the same and acts the same way and me being content with that. It isn't the same.

Not to mention it feels like to be 3rd Yuno just got cheated. It just feels like to me that giving her 1st's memories is basically destroying3rd's existence and replacing it.

And apparently everyone that died are either revived or Yuki just created clones of them. The first destroys the whole conflict of the manga, the latter is the same as replacing 1st Yuno with 3rd Yuno.

Ending: 1/5
Series: 7/10
Dec 28, 2010 8:09 AM

May 2008
I liked the ending....as they said it could be worse! Much worse...but I don't know what to say at the end...

Amazing manga, has generated much talk (at least for me)...final vague but still a good Manga!
I-KeiiDec 28, 2010 8:35 AM
Dec 28, 2010 9:16 AM

Oct 2010
Not exactly a bad ending, but could be better. After marathoning the series today I can safely say that from chapter 52 onwards the whole alternate universes plot kinda screwed up the plot. Still, it was a great series.

8/10
Dec 28, 2010 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
screwed endings are screwed
o_O
Dec 28, 2010 10:22 AM
Dec 2010
Should've ended at the part where Yuno said, "something important". A happy ending doesn't fit this manga. -_-

Also, I feel sad for 1st world Yuno dying even if all her memories were transferred to 3rd world Yuno. :(

Overall, great manga. ^_^
Dec 28, 2010 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
the ending was alright i guess, it could of been better but it could of been worse also.
Dec 28, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
Zalxoras said:
Not exactly a bad ending, but could be better. After marathoning the series today I can safely say that from chapter 52 onwards the whole alternate universes plot kinda screwed up the plot. Still, it was a great series.

8/10

QFT
Dec 28, 2010 1:09 PM

May 2009
i have mixed feelings with this ending. I for one, was expecting something more... EPIC? yeah, something along the line. But on the other hand, IM SUCH A SUCKER FOR HAPPY ENDINGS. So when i finished reading i just plain loved it, Yuno and Yuki finally back together (even if they arent THE Yuno and Yuki each other want) and seeing Minene with her flying babies was priceless, and i couldnt help but be glad with an ending like that.

yeah, i like happy endings, sue me...
Dec 28, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
I lost the plot in the last few chapters, but I'm happy with the ending. Why? Because it's a happy ending and I prefer happy endings over sad ones. Even if it's lulwatrandom. It also fits well with the manga, the plot certainly went all over the place throughout it's run before coming to a conclusion. 5/5

It was definitely an interesting and good read, though in all honesty Yuno was my most important reason to read it, really liked her character. 8/10 as it has many flaws, but was worth every minute of it.
Mogami-kunDec 28, 2010 2:46 PM
Dec 28, 2010 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
Fuck it all, the ending was epic, awesome and satisfying.

10/10!

Hoping to see an anime adaptation in the future and Yuno voiced by Nakahara Mai.
Dec 28, 2010 2:48 PM

Jan 2010
As a whole, the series I think deserves a 7/10 (could go to an 8, but I'll rest @ 7),
The ending however was pretty shitty compared to the series as a whole, I felt as if the manga was going down on a bit of a shit slope just before the ending.
Meh, it wasn't THAT bad though, just felt it could of been better tbh.
Oh well.
Dec 28, 2010 2:58 PM

Oct 2007
and here i was thinking the "happy end" was just an alternate ending... lol. just seemed a little silly so that's what I'm gonna beleive it is.
Dec 28, 2010 3:46 PM

Aug 2008
5/10 for me... i think they focused way to much on the characters at the end instead of the story itself

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Dec 28, 2010 4:08 PM

Feb 2010
HAPPY END

◕ε◕
Dec 28, 2010 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
What the hell was that?... Maybe I'm the only one who actually liked last chapters (I just love Time Travel and Alternate Universes), I even think about previous chapter as the best in all manga, but that... That just.. just... WHAT WAS THAT?!??!??!?!? What with this ending? What did they smoke to make it??.. I can't describe that ending...

But... did it ruined atmosphere of all story? Of course not... It's so good that last chapter have only 36 pages and no more. It's kind of depressing, but very good... I liked it... Everything after 36th page is a fake, it have to be...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Dec 28, 2010 6:51 PM

May 2008
I liked the troll ending.
Yuno looks out of the coffee shop to see Yuki with the other girl and his family, credits start to roll... then BAM! the space time continuum is smashed with a hammer! Everything is good and happy.
Not bad.
8/10
Dec 29, 2010 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
This was probably the best way to end the series. And it was hilarious to see Yuno breaking the space time continuum with a hammer.

Overall a 9 out of 10. Sure it sorta lost steam after the mayor was killed, but it was one hell of a read. And Yuno ranks as one of my favorite manga characters of all time.

I'm going to have some mild withdrawal symptoms due to it ending. What am I gonna read every month now?
Dec 29, 2010 6:26 AM

Nov 2007
The Manga lost indeed a lot of steam at the end but it was still worth reading it. And let's not forget that troll ending. I was seriously disappointed to see that they're going to end it with such a bittersweet bad end but then suddenly: Yuno!

Really a nice read. I'm going to miss this Manga.
8/10
Dec 29, 2010 8:18 AM

Dec 2007
didn't like it.
except for minene and her flying babies.
Dec 29, 2010 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't liked the ending and I agree with those, who think that the manga lost a of of steam at the end.

Well but overall 8/10 since I read it in one go.
Dec 29, 2010 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
When I started reading this, I guess 25 chapters were released. It was my favorite manga back then. But then, somewhere, the plot started going all crazy and confusing and it also started losing points in my eyes. Like Yuno's personality chancing all the time and Yukki becoming pretty cracked up and whaa ~

But the ending was quite cute. It could have been much better but I guess I'm satisfied with this since I was expecting a lot worse. So this gets 9/10 from me :--)

Anyway, I'm gonna miss this serie. Maybe someday I'll re-read it and undestand everything what I missed now.

Dec 29, 2010 9:24 PM
May 2009
i think the ending was good. This manga killed off every character at least once (even yukki) then in a third world they fix everything so that everyone got what they wanted. 3rd world yukki finds non yandere love. 3rd yuno makes up with her parents and lives a normal life and everyone is happy.

Meanwhile second yukki gets his yandere yuno back and they make a new world. Happy end.

I really think it was great because those last few chapters really built up the relationship between yuki and yuno.
Dec 30, 2010 3:36 AM

Apr 2008
It was a pretty good ending for me .. at the very least its acceptable

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 53 Discussion

Kingwel - Jun 28, 2010

43 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 21, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 24 Discussion

XorMal - Nov 15, 2008

18 by psyche-K »»
Jan 9, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

13 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 20 Discussion

Shouichirou - Dec 17, 2008

8 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Aug 18, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Chapter 1 Discussion

ckam - Jul 18, 2010

19 by GabeStudy »»
Jun 23, 2023 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.