Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2010 10:14 PM

May 2010
It just feel weird that I'm technically one now. When I was like 12 I didn't have to care about crap and now I do. Turning 20 soon doesn't help either along with the people who are younger than going "I never heard of that" when I bring up certain things.
Oct 28, 2010 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
I'll be an "official" adult in March, and now that I'm older, I don't worry about growing up as often as I used to. Ironically, I was more scared of growing up back when I was 6 years old.

As long as I enjoy my life, I don't mind getting a little older to show for it.
Oct 28, 2010 11:37 PM

Mar 2010
skycaptainmarie said:
I was scared when I was younger (early teens) but now that I'm in college and getting my own life together, I think it's great (once you accept the responsibility)
I still game, watch anime, go to conventions, and all the fun stuff. But just add in bills and the occasional responsibilities, once those are taken care of, life's not so bad.
Just gotta roll with it :)

The responsibility part is something i find very demanding at times but yes its very neccesary

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 29, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2009
Sometimes
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Oct 29, 2010 2:07 AM

Sep 2009
Sometimes
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Oct 29, 2010 2:11 AM

Oct 2010
I'm afraid that I'll not do well at my work and that I've no one to turn to for help when I need it :( Despite that, I'll kinda excited as well(actually, MOSTLY), it sounds fun to have your own house, no parents to bother you, start a family and stuff.
Oct 29, 2010 2:20 AM

Aug 2008
GunDumb90 said:
It just feel weird that I'm technically one now. When I was like 12 I didn't have to care about crap and now I do. Turning 20 soon doesn't help either along with the people who are younger than going "I never heard of that" when I bring up certain things.

Ever used a Rotary Phone before? >:D
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Oct 29, 2010 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
It's not scary, just a bit confusing. I'm 20 now and I don't feel like a kid anymore, but not like an adult either. They say you won't feel like an adult untill you have kids. I pay my own bills now and am living in France on my own for an internship and I guess I act like an adult when making important decisions, but I still act childish whenever I feel like it. I guess you can argue about what an adult exaclty is, because grown-ups have their worries and insecurities too, they're not that different from children.

Just try not to worry about it, it's not like you have to do everything on your own immediately after you turn 18. You'll learn along the way.
Oct 29, 2010 2:41 AM
Feb 2009
I already am one.

And I spend all my days and nights at the networks lab in college. Shit sucks man D:
Oct 29, 2010 3:07 AM

Jun 2010
Age is a myth you aren't ever older then you were before only more knowledgeable. Its that stereotype that now that your a few seconds older that the cosmic forces align and you now know what you need to do. It doesn't work that way what you know now what you feel now is exactly the same way your going to feel in about 5 years just with more learned counters to what life throws at you. I venture to say in 30 years I will be different but the same I will know more about the world and be able to respond to things I can't respond to now or couldn't respond to before.

Life is like a tightrope you don't realize how high you have gotten until you look down. Thats my take on it anyway so don't be scared about growing up the ONLY thing one ever needs to worry about is living well and or having fun. When I was 15 I thought I am going to be a different person when I am 20 when I turned 18 I was worried because I wasn't even close to the person I thought I had to be to grow up. When I was 20 I looked back and I was indeed a different person but not like I thought when I was 15. I was the same person who now knows more about computers people politics and everything else.

Okay if you still haven't gotten it examine your hair if its long enough put it in front of your eyes if not just look in a mirror. Do you see it growing? No? But you know it grows right cause you need hair cuts. It grows at a rate so slow you don't even realize its grown until you remember what it looked like before. Thats what its like for everybody they grow and learn but never notice they are changing until they have grown a lot.

But yes I was scared for awhile but then I realized that :P
ZippyserOct 29, 2010 3:11 AM
Oct 29, 2010 3:44 AM

May 2010
I'm almost 21 and I still don't feel like an adult. I live in an apartment by my school and make a little more then a minimum wage job (do not have a legit job though) so I have a decent amount of independence but I am still financially dependent on my parents. I don't think I will really feel like an adult until I am fully financially dependent, and at a stable job that I have held for at least a couple years.
Oct 29, 2010 3:57 AM

Apr 2010
Kind of.

Oct 29, 2010 3:59 AM

Feb 2010
i turned 18 recently i cant even get a job :<
So im just using my student allowance buying drinks going to parties,clubs,pub
Life is good. Life is sweet Pussie is sweet.
Oct 29, 2010 9:44 AM
Jan 2009
No,I'm really looking forward to it actually.
Oct 29, 2010 9:45 AM

Apr 2008
Haha. Fucking kids being afraid of adulthood! Grow some balls!
Oct 29, 2010 9:59 AM
Apr 2009
I am 21... all done with college a year or so back, and been working full time, living on my own... strangely it is not that lonely, or as intimidating as I expected.... i think what really weirds me out is having friends getting married, I still don't feel like the age I am. I have all the duties of an adult short of a family, but I guess it has not fully hit yet...
Oct 29, 2010 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
I don't care, adult of not, I am always myself.
Oct 29, 2010 11:01 AM

Mar 2010
Omnimalevolent1 said:
I am 21... all done with college a year or so back, and been working full time, living on my own... strangely it is not that lonely, or as intimidating as I expected.... i think what really weirds me out is having friends getting married, I still don't feel like the age I am. I have all the duties of an adult short of a family, but I guess it has not fully hit yet...

True feeling the age of adulthood hits way later than the actuall time of age and it can be weird

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 29, 2010 11:28 AM

May 2010
KyuuAL said:
GunDumb90 said:

Ever used a Rotary Phone before? >:D

yes i have actually, my dad used to have one
Nov 7, 2010 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
Am i scared? You could say I'm in-between. We all find joy in one day escaping our parents house and be free like the wind in our young age. You get to go where you want and spend all the money you want and that rushes you to become an adult even faster. I used to think like that once until it dawned on me that there's nothing to rush. Simply enjoy those moments you have as a youth and worry about being an adult less. You grow up knowing what your responsibilities are. For example, you get your first car, it's now your responsibilities to maintain the car. That give you your first step to other greater things. Your flat, your business or company etc...

So there's nothing big to worry about. Simply observe your parents and their responsibilities and learn from their mistakes, if they make them (what am i talking about! No one is perfect[/]!, and learn from them so not to make a mistake in your future.
Nov 7, 2010 12:42 PM

Aug 2010
I'm an adult. It isn't scary. Except for taxes, they're just nasty.
Nov 7, 2010 12:47 PM

Jan 2009
Not scary necessarily, just a process that is going to happen whether you want it or not (unless you take the road of no return).
Nov 7, 2010 1:35 PM
May 2010
I thought it would be some big change as well.. It's really not only differences are you drive yourself to school (which is nice cause you get more freedom..), you make your own money (if you have a job, and this is nice as well.), college is essentially the same as high school, you'll have people who are like 19-50 and sometimes older acting like you did back in your freshman year of high school.

Looking back at it now, I think to myself "wow, what was I so worked up over."
Nov 7, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
I live in constant fear of jury duty, the draft, and the IRS finding out that I haven't been paying my taxes.
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 9, 2010 11:06 AM
Sep 2007
Only hard part was getting a job, after that it's the same shit as college. Still doing fuck all and slacking as much as possible.
Nov 9, 2010 11:35 AM

Feb 2010
I am , I'm Not scared , but when it comes to marriage and things like that , I will be terrified
Nov 9, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2008
Meh, not much changes when you technically become an adult, turn eighteen, but as time goes on you shift more into being independent of your parents/guardians/etc.. Unless something tragic happens and you are forced out on your own immediately, then you should scoot along into the adult world just fine.
Nov 9, 2010 2:15 PM

Aug 2010
I'm 15 and I want the future so badly. I alway say when I'm 18 I'm gone and I'm actually gonna start living my life how I want to. But really I'm pretty scared of it. I'm so lost right now and I keep asking myself the same old questions. What am I gonna do? Where am I gonna go? Am I actually gonna get anywhere in life? Things like that and I hate it. I want to turn 18 so bad cause I'm sick of it here but in reality I have no idea what waiting for me. 0___o
Nov 9, 2010 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
xSecret_Skyx said:
I'm 15 and I want the future so badly. I alway say when I'm 18 I'm gone and I'm actually gonna start living my life how I want to. But really I'm pretty scared of it. I'm so lost right now and I keep asking myself the same old questions. What am I gonna do? Where am I gonna go? Am I actually gonna get anywhere in life? Things like that and I hate it. I want to turn 18 so bad cause I'm sick of it here but in reality I have no idea what waiting for me. 0___o

While this might sound a tad bit too cliché, there are great things awaiting everyone.

What I would suggest is while you have these three years before you want to leave, use your at-hand resources to learn as much about the outside world as you can. Learn about setting up a checking account, how to make a decent resume, how taxes work, what expenses you will have when you are out there. Use this time as an advantage if you really do want to leave your current place of residence once you turn 18. It is a dark, scary world, but each person in it is a beacon of light. Find your own light, take things in moderation, and that "no idea where I am going" feeling will dissipate.

My 2c ;)
Nov 9, 2010 6:35 PM

Oct 2007
PinkTaco said:
Midlife crisis at age 14.
Now almost 19 and I noticed my 1st wrinkles.
Mixed emotions... really.

What do you plan on dying at 28? -_-

life is a dream
~death is reality
Nov 9, 2010 8:11 PM

May 2010
I'm an "old girl" in my 20's, and most of the way through college. I used to be scared of growing up, but then I realized that you only get to be a teen once in your life. If you spend your last years as a kid worrying about the future, you won't get to enjoy them.

You should try to make wise decisions as a teen, like doing what's best for your education, and not wrecking your health by doing dangerous stuff. And don't spend all your time online or playing video games or texting. Do stuff in "real life". Talk to friends. Make art. Play a sport. Because most things people do online probably won't make a good memory they'll have for the rest of their life.

But please don't freak out about the future. It'll come gradually, and you'll probably hardly notice it. And then when you're older, you'll feel happy about the (hopefully!) good memories you have from when you were a young.
Nov 10, 2010 6:33 AM

Oct 2010
I'm 17 and i'm kind of scared to become and adult since i don't meet people's expectations but i'm sure i'll get used to it and have a great adult life.
Nov 10, 2010 7:07 AM

Feb 2009
Of course it is hard . . . But thats all apart of growing up, dealing with things that you would normally want to run away from. Bills suck, so does going to work and even on occasion going to college but its all in how you see it . . .

Granted I'm only 22 so I've only just begun this adult "battle" but after getting married and moving out of my parents house, being a grown-up has hit me smack dab in the face and it wasn't easy getting back up from that. But I have, and so can you, we all have to we don't have a choice. We can't stop the clock. What you can do is make the best of circumstances along the way. . . take things in stride, if you get knocked down get back up, deal with your responsibilities (don't avoid them), don't be aftraid of choices and changing your mind, and don't forget to take time out to have fun :)
SpazztikNov 10, 2010 7:32 AM
Nov 10, 2010 7:27 AM
Nov 2010
I'm 15 and to be quite honest I Already no what i want to do in the Future so i'm not really Scared about becoming an adult It's pretty Exciteing to see what will happen :)
Nov 10, 2010 7:53 AM

May 2010
its just growing up.. a necessary transition.. i'm enjoying it completely! :-) more freedom!
Nov 10, 2010 10:39 AM

Feb 2010
At 20 I guess I am an adult. But I don't fully feel like one. It's weird though, you start to slightly feel different but it's not a very obvious difference.
I always wanted to just grow up already but now that I almost am, I don't really know what to make of it.
Nov 10, 2010 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Soooort of. I am a child at heart... but at the same time, I think if I do what's right for me everything will be mostly fine in the end. I can't help but feel a little scared though...
Nov 10, 2010 12:11 PM

Nov 2010
I'm not really scared but I hate becoming an adult cause u won't have to much free time...u won't be able to have fun that much...I think i'll remain imature forever XD

Nov 10, 2010 12:15 PM

Mar 2009
Growing up sucks. Your brain is at top potential performance starting in your low to mid 20s and lasting about 5 years. Basically, once you hit 30, the computational power of your brian starts to decrease, you start to feel older, and all that other jazz. About a decade after that, you will start to lose taste buds. OH GOD SOMEONE HELP ME I ALREADY HAVE FROWN LINES FUCK.

So yes, getting any older scares the shit out of me. I really, really do not want to be in a position where I can't really play basketball and do other physical activities. Ugh.

The college part can be cool though. So is the added personal freedom in being able to finally choose how you want to live. I just hate the physical aging part.
Nov 10, 2010 3:34 PM

Mar 2007
Im alredy consider myself as an young adult. I'm 20 and have my own apartment and i have a job. But i don't want to be older. I like my life as it is right now. I'm old enough to take care of myself but im still young enough to do stupid but fun stuff.

So yes i guess im a bit scared of getting older. Being old seems boring. I want to go on road trips, parties, conserts and all that yonug stuff, don't want to grow away from it.
Instagram: Luzifurr
Nov 10, 2010 5:14 PM

Feb 2009
One day I was 15 and everything was about how high school was a drag and boring, then it seemed overnight I became 17, joined the army and presto I was an adult in any fashion anyone cared about.

But I have to admit, some stages of my life were mixed levels of thrill.

I HATED being a single young adult intensely.
I loved being in my late 20s early 30s. But being married tends to make you happier.

Turning 40 was no real thrill.
I will be 50 in 2012, yippee friggin hurrah :)

But on the upside, I don't mind having all the experiences of all those years.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Nov 11, 2010 3:20 AM

Jan 2010
Hoooly shit, I am.

But if I still have the amount of friends and crazy life-style as I do now. I'll be dead.
Nov 12, 2010 1:04 AM

Jun 2010
I'm twenty five and I don't really feel like an 'adult'. I hope I never do. Adults are all hypocrites, all of them. For instance, remember in school all your teachers and parents and whatnot telling you not to judge people for how they look? That's total crap! The second you finish school and go out into the real world it's really hard to get a job or a place to rent where they don't immediately judge you on how you look.
Pet peeve of mine. Also, the phrase 'pet peeve'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2010 3:12 AM

Jul 2010
Spooky_Sez said:
I'm twenty five and I don't really feel like an 'adult'. I hope I never do. Adults are all hypocrites, all of them. For instance, remember in school all your teachers and parents and whatnot telling you not to judge people for how they look? That's total crap! The second you finish school and go out into the real world it's really hard to get a job or a place to rent where they don't immediately judge you on how you look.

I feel the same.
Im 21 but I still feel like 12 xD being an adult also means to do what you have to do, thats the part I hate most. I want to do only what I want to do...and thats all I do xD
Nov 12, 2010 3:46 AM

Jun 2010
shiroto said:
Spooky_Sez said:

I feel the same.
Im 21 but I still feel like 12 xD being an adult also means to do what you have to do, thats the part I hate most. I want to do only what I want to do...and thats all I do xD

I hear that!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2010 4:06 AM

Feb 2008
I'm excited to turn 18 in six months, and I'm even more excited to get out of highschool. Being a teenager is lame because you have to depend on your parents for everything and can't do anything yourself. I don't want to be an old man or anything, but moving on from the teenage phase to a young adult will be nice.
Nov 12, 2010 4:07 AM

Mar 2009
Veronin said:
I'm excited to turn 18 in six months, and I'm even more excited to get out of highschool. Being a teenager is lame because you have to depend on your parents for everything and can't do anything yourself. I don't want to be an old man or anything, but moving on from the teenage phase to a young adult will be nice.
You will still be depending on your parents by the age of 18 unless you're really lucky. :p
Nov 12, 2010 4:09 AM

Aug 2010
I just turned 18 last month and started attending university. I wasn't expecting it all to happen so fast but I don't regret anything that has happened up to this point in my life. I'll just keep growing and learning and somehow pull it through.
Nov 14, 2010 10:20 AM

Nov 2010
I am already officially an "adult" but I was never afraid to become one. You're alive, be happy. It's okay to worry a little but it's not worth being afraid about.
Nov 14, 2010 11:00 AM

Sep 2009
I'm 26 but don't feel like one. I think that you don't officially become an adult until you settle down with someone and/or have kids. Since I have no interest in either, I look forward to my perpetual adolescence.
not a job creator

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it a red flag? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

iHateAnimeBro - Apr 24

206 by mokkocchi »»
41 seconds ago

» Do you recognize the user above by just looking at their profile picture? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alriven - Feb 6, 2022

2605 by Luchipher-Zen »»
44 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7847 by Animeistaken »»
58 seconds ago

» What color represents the above user? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KlldbyCuriosity - Aug 24, 2018

6837 by mokkocchi »»
1 minute ago

» Rate The Profile Of The User Above You! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FiiFO - Mar 25, 2009

1713 by Luchipher-Zen »»
1 minute ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.