Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2010 4:48 PM
Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so a year after the first episode aired in Japan the last episode has been subbed.

Not sure if i liked the live-Action action ending, i like the idea but if i wanted to see the live-action ending i would have watched the drama (btw, i know that this version of the ending has been filmed for the anime).
Oct 17, 2010 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
The final episode is really epic. The wedding scene was the best part!! Really tears jerking moment.
10/10!!
Oct 17, 2010 6:50 AM

Nov 2008
Hmm, it was quite difficult to suddenly see the show transition to the live-action scene, but I have to say I liked the way they did it. Nice, soft filters were used. All I can think of is that they must have had some sort of budget crisis, for them not to be able to finish animating? Still, I think the original drama, which I haven't watched, must have had a lot more impact, or it is just the fact that it took almost a year to finish watching the show, so not everything might have been clear at the time of watching. I'll definitely have to rewatch this again some time, as some things still were a bit confusing, or seemed rushed. Like how in the end the fínally met each other again.. yeah.. I don't know.

Still, a decent adaptation, me thinks. 7/10
Oct 17, 2010 12:10 PM

Mar 2009
desolato said:
All I can think of is that they must have had some sort of budget crisis, for them not to be able to finish animating?

No, no, no... fanservice for the audience of the original drama.
Oct 17, 2010 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
desolato said:
All I can think of is that they must have had some sort of budget crisis, for them not to be able to finish animating?

Definitely not, because it's a completely new scene, that was shot recently with the original actors and thus wasn't featured in the original k-drama ;)
Oct 17, 2010 3:34 PM

Nov 2008
-OJ- said:
desolato said:

Definitely not, because it's a completely new scene, that was shot recently with the original actors and thus wasn't featured in the original k-drama ;)

I know, and I think that still must have been cheaper than animating it, perhaps? ;)
But it's a nice decision..
Oct 17, 2010 7:21 PM
Aug 2009
I haven't watched the k-drama, so I was a little bit angry with the final scene.
It's not that I didn't like it, but if I watch the anime version it's because I wanna watch an animated version, not real people =_=

Anwyays.
Great series, I really enjoyed it.
Oct 18, 2010 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
Very cheap ending. Everything about this episode was pretty wrong in the schmaltziest of ways. This probably deserves a 4, but I'll bump it down to a 5 from the 6. It started up so strong, but then concerned itself with twists more than anything else and became highly unsatisfying.
Oct 18, 2010 2:00 PM

Sep 2009
The live action scene at the end seemed unique to add but I guess the animated version would have been better.
Why was Yujina so depressed in the wedding? The facial expression seemed odd. The story was pretty but wanted more intimacy between the main couple.
The reunion was highly touching *sobs*
Giving 7/10
Oct 18, 2010 5:03 PM

Oct 2007
Linalee-Stratos said:
Why was Yujina so depressed in the wedding? The facial expression seemed odd.
Because it was so cool out side and she was only wearing that dress LOL

noteDhero said:
Very cheap ending. Everything about this episode was pretty wrong in the schmaltziest of ways. This probably deserves a 4, but I'll bump it down to a 5 from the 6. It started up so strong, but then concerned itself with twists more than anything else and became highly unsatisfying.
Pretty much what you said. And this is a really weak one for the final episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 20, 2010 8:01 AM

Sep 2009
Siva said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Why was Yujina so depressed in the wedding? The facial expression seemed odd.
Because it was so cool out side and she was only wearing that dress LOL
Or maybe because she couldn't afford a Tiffany XD
ValentilnOct 20, 2010 8:08 AM
Oct 31, 2010 4:19 AM

Nov 2008
I loved the final scenes. It was really assuring to see that the ex-rivals sincerely wished happiness for the couple. The actors' performance wasn't half bad (taking into account it's Asian drama still, meh). Yujin's dress was gorgeous, I really wish such a dress for my wedding! (A girl is a girl ^^)

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Apr 5, 2011 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
Finally, I finished it. I was so teary eyed the last two episodes. What a lovely romance story. I wish I could've watched it all at once though. :']

Apr 23, 2011 11:29 PM

Sep 2008
My eyes teared up when the two met once again; I love how Yujin was always on Joonsang's mind all this time and called her name when the person did not respond to his question.
Sanghyuk actually looked pretty cool in this episode.

The live action was a welcome ending for me. Yujin looked just as beautiful as her anime counterpart. Overall the anime was great since I'm a sucker for romance and drama. It was hard having to pay attention all the time since they spoke Korean but it was definitely worth it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2012 7:35 PM

Apr 2010
awwwww sanghyuk looked so sexy~ ^_^
...........but i want it back in ANIME form!!!! grrr that kinda ruined it :(
lolLIPopszJan 1, 2012 7:48 PM
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Mar 28, 2012 5:32 PM
Apr 2009
OMG, so many ugly people. They look much better in cartoons.
Yujin looks ok, she is by far the best looking one.
Mar 28, 2012 5:43 PM
Apr 2009
This show was not bad at all, it was a nice love story.
This show is totally underrated.
May 12, 2012 11:38 AM
Mar 2011
Did I misunderstood or Joonsang can see again?
Jul 11, 2013 6:41 PM
Mar 2012
From what I understand, the drama ending was already different from what the screenwriters had intended it to be in the first place.

It would have been nice if they had used the same actors for all the characters, especially Cherin and Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk...Park Yong Ha..May he rest in peace. However, I understand they used those actors in the ending because they voiced the characters.

I hope more Korean animation is made, even if they just start off by making anime adaptions of dramas, especially since most anime is made in Korea anyway.
May 17, 2014 5:21 AM
Feb 2014
I
Kenshin- said:
I haven't watched the k-drama, so I was a little bit angry with the final scene.
It's not that I didn't like it, but if I watch the anime version it's because I wanna watch an animated version, not real people =_=

Anwyays.
Great series, I really enjoyed it.
I am a kpop fan and an otaku, I plan to watch the drama. I dont think it was a bad idea, but those who watched the drama first would've loved it, as it is nostalgic when the flashback of you crying over the drama version comes to your head
May 17, 2014 5:33 AM
Feb 2014
RainbowCutie said:
Did I misunderstood or Joonsang can see again?

He had a very weak vision.
May 17, 2014 5:36 AM
Feb 2014
neoalexys said:
This show was not bad at all, it was a nice love story.
This show is totally underrated.
I so agree with you, better than any Maid-Sama or ToRaDoRa!
May 17, 2014 5:37 AM
Feb 2014
neoalexys said:
OMG, so many ugly people. They look much better in cartoons.
Yujin looks ok, she is by far the best looking one.
Dude, you mean that they're ulgly. I'm a K-Popper and an otaku, they are beautiful people. Watch the drama first!
Feb 27, 2019 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
not sure how i felt about the live action ending, but it makes me wanna watch the drama now. im gonna get suckered into it.
i can see why the drama is popular and it's considered to be one that helped launch hallyu. it has every cliche and twist that i expected and seen as someone who's already watched kdramas.
if i had never seen a kdrama before and watched this i'd probably hate it, but since i knew what to expect i actually think its pretty good
Oct 19, 2019 4:19 AM
Aug 2018
I miss this anime i gonna watch again
Sep 16, 2020 4:01 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
the ending of charlotte with the mc with vision issues is similar to this
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
May 13, 2021 3:18 AM
May 2021
Where can I watch the final episode of winter sonata anime? I can’t find anywhere. Please help! Thanks
Oct 15, 2022 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
this honestly felt like what the first thing would pop up when someone mentions k-drama looooool, for sure filled with a lot of cliches and so much drama

But honestly I didn't really mind it, at least the drama wasn't entirely down to characters being retards, so it was a lot more bearable to watch than other dramas. Though I will admit the twists towards the end (and the overall direction) were kinda popping out of nowhere lmao

I do give credit to the OST, really did make the touching moments feel better. And like someone said I also hoped for some more intimacy between the leads lul

mfw no wincest route/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 5 Discussion

Valentiln - Jan 4, 2010

12 by CatLoverMoshi »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 4 Discussion

ParaParaJMo - Nov 9, 2009

22 by Neil1998 »»
Dec 30, 2020 4:59 AM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 2 Discussion

neow_neow - Oct 25, 2009

46 by Neil1998 »»
Dec 29, 2020 1:40 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 23 Discussion

Siva - Sep 6, 2010

6 by 3miL »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:11 PM

Poll: » Winter Sonata Episode 20 Discussion

ueda - May 22, 2010

10 by 3miL »»
Sep 15, 2020 7:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.