Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2010 6:25 AM

Aug 2010
You guys should take a look at this, its science that guarantees it xD

I wonder if HOTD plays by these rules in future eps

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

if we look at zombies as a species, they are pretty much designed for failure. Their main form of reproduction is also their only source of food and their top predator. If they want to eat or reproduce, they have to go toe to toe with their number one predator every single time. That's like having to fight a lion every time you to want to have sex or make a sandwich. Actually, it's worse than that: Most top predators are only armed with teeth and claws, meaning they have to put themselves in harm's way to score a kill.
xilamAug 17, 2010 6:55 AM

Aug 17, 2010 7:31 AM
Jun 2008
Well. As i said in the previous post
the zombie itself is a sci-fiction creature that full of flaw.It is not a creation of mother nature....

To be honest,I am surprised the they still have the sense of hearing/ LOL
Aug 17, 2010 7:37 AM

Aug 2009
Aug 17, 2010 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
wow, well said tensaishonen. HOTD did state that they could rot, but that article up there jz clears everything up xD

Aug 17, 2010 10:23 PM
Nov 2009
xilam said:
You guys should take a look at this, its science that guarantees it xD

I wonder if HOTD plays by these rules in future eps

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

You are also assuming THAT is how zombies will be. In all honesty it could be more Left4Dead style where it's an airborne disease, just some are immune...

Not to mention, slow zombies, if that is how they are, could still realistically be epidemic. That article does hit some key points, but in all honesty, most people do NOT have a plan for a zombie invasion. The part where most would go to higher places is all fine and dandy, but it is generalized by most zombie things that they get enhanced strength...

Basically and epidemic would happen say if one zombie in a city starts on the streets. He bites one person... How you may ask?!? Well he was going down the street and someone was walking the other way and was on their cell talking at night and BAMM!!! So 2. Then, if others are around, they would either run, call 911, etc... But you know someone would try to help the bitten guy, and then BAMM!!! Zombie number 3... Now this goes till everyone leaves by running away and cops show up with ambulance. Now they DON'T know they are zombies, just that they bit someone... So they go to arrest and then get bit. The other cop probably fires rounds into body parts that don't matter such as the arm and leg. but to no usefulness. While this happens, the ambulance people, not knowing, are bit and now there exists 5 slow zombies going after a cop with a handgun. Now if we go with enhanced strength, and the human mind's perception to aim for the chest since "it has a bigger area with more death capabilities", the cop has to reload and either runs or backed into corner and then gets swarmed... But for argument sake, let's say he escapes.

So now 4-5 slow zombies in a city now branch out, albeit slowly... And continue doing this.

I am sure after a few, people will begin to realize that there exists a "serial biter"... But much like real world, not everyone is always caught up and most just think it won't happen to them, but still take precautions (albeit SARS, did we all stop living and working, no. We just took precautions but still went outside.)

Now all it takes is one zombie to make it out and if he escapes, he can start the process anew. I mean if this started in say a small town of a 1000, I am certain that most of the town that did not take precautions (i.e. play/watch a lot of zombie things with a zombie apocalypse plan and the hoping one would happen) would be infected since it's new.

I am not even gonna go off of "food source" since it is only generalized they eat humans. Sometimes, they just bite for the sake spreading infection. And if they are Left4Dead zombies, then they will be roid raged and just want to maim anything and fuck biting.

In all honesty, you CAN'T really use science to justify a fantasy thing. Until zombies are brought about by nature, we can't say they will fail. It will depend on what senses they still have, means of spreading, etc... And ONLY after knowing that can you put proper logic into it.
Aug 17, 2010 11:49 PM

Aug 2010
LOL, your right, but right now we're just assuming that the zombies would turn out like the ones in HOTD.And of course there is no guarantee that they would be slow or anything, this is just an ASSUMPTION. Your right, they might be like the ones in Left4Dead.

Aug 18, 2010 7:33 AM
Nov 2009
Well if we do assume they are HOTD zombies (Which have they even been seen eating people? I can't recall.) the above example of mine would still count.

I mean just look at the school, the gym teacher got bit because he did not know. He bit the next guy and now people just think a killer is in school.

Also, not to be an asshole but it's "You're", not "Your"... I'm sorry. It's just a huge pet peeve of mine. But I understand if English is possibly not your first language.
Aug 18, 2010 7:51 AM
Jun 2008
Episode 1 :the gym teacher got bit because he did not know and that is called Fear for the unknown and willing to understand the situation by any means.
Episode 2:The house owner kill Alice's father because he did not know and that is called fear for the unknown and do not willing to understand the situation by any means.

In episode 7, they actually explained how people changes during the apocalypse.Human are not stupid but zombie are definitely predictable and stupid.
It is very illogical that the spread would even succeed with such stupid SNAIL.
MorningGloryAug 18, 2010 9:16 AM
Aug 18, 2010 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
I agree with Morninglory, its the fear for the unknown. Also, zombie snails....might affect humans in the future xD.
xilamAug 18, 2010 8:18 AM

Aug 22, 2010 9:38 AM
Nov 2009
I still say even slow zombies could outbreak enough to be a threat.

Maybe not a global scale (unless they started randomly globally), but I think they could.
Aug 22, 2010 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
The difficult thing is also that you're never sure where it starts. The article says "form a line on the other side of the zombies and shoot them". But zombies don't appear in a perfectly neat line, they appear scattered.

And there's no reason why the "Zombie Outbreak" has to start with one person somewhere. Maybe there's thousands at the same time who all start converting others.

And yes, when you see someone bleeding in the streets, most people would actually walk towards them. Nobody's going to think "ZOMBIES!" and run away :P
Aug 22, 2010 1:23 PM
Aug 2010
Jesuvius said:
The difficult thing is also that you're never sure where it starts. The article says "form a line on the other side of the zombies and shoot them". But zombies don't appear in a perfectly neat line, they appear scattered.

And there's no reason why the "Zombie Outbreak" has to start with one person somewhere. Maybe there's thousands at the same time who all start converting others.

And yes, when you see someone bleeding in the streets, most people would actually walk towards them. Nobody's going to think "ZOMBIES!" and run away :P

Funny thing is, if i saw someone bleeding i would walk as far away as possible
Aug 22, 2010 4:53 PM

Feb 2010
i can't believe u guys actually think zombies would be a threat you guys must think humans are the stupidest beings on earth.
Aug 22, 2010 5:11 PM

Feb 2009
I've never spend the time thinking about that, I just think zombie movies are gory and plain fun, but once logic set in the outlook is different.

Where I come from we have a different view of what a zombie is, there is supposedly a person who had died and raise from the dead through magic and used to serve his/her master doing hard labor. It doesn't walk around eating people they won't hurt anyone unless being commended to and they don't rot, if you meet one you wouldn't think nothing of it.

As human we are a deadly species the only thing that can decimate us is only us not even a pandemic can't put a dent on our numbers.
Aug 23, 2010 1:37 AM

Jan 2010
You know, this thread is like a thread that proves scientifically that the shinigami from BLeach couldn't actually exist... in other words, a pointless topic. I mean, it's clear that this is just fiction, so what's the point in ptoving fiction wrong?
Aug 23, 2010 2:41 AM
Jun 2008
Zombie is a fiction,yes. but can zombie create an outbreak? We can actually discuss on this.
Aug 24, 2010 8:28 AM
Nov 2009
Troy_C said:

Funny thing is, if i saw someone bleeding i would walk as far away as possible

Exactly! You WOULD walk away... But there are a lot of "compassionate and caring" people out there who would try to help.

checkdafool said:
i can't believe u guys actually think zombies would be a threat you guys must think humans are the stupidest beings on earth.

Not really... It's just it depends on how it starts, how many are affected at the very beginning, etc. I mean yes, trying to argue fiction is a moot topic, but in actuality, humans are generally not always the smartest. I mean WE all know how zombies work what to look out for, but would say your parents, grand parents, uncles/aunts, anyone over the age of 40-ish... I would say not really.

Not to mention you assume slow zombies as seen in HOTD. If they are fast zombies who can run or there are 'special infected' as in Left 4 Dead, legitimate threats would exist.
Aug 24, 2010 8:32 AM

Jul 2010
lol best part about this was i read this before seeing this here :P and thought the exact same thing :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2010 3:05 PM

Jan 2010
werr-y said:
You know, this thread is like a thread that proves scientifically that the shinigami from BLeach couldn't actually exist...

So wait... Shinigami aren't real? Not even Soul Society??
Aug 25, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2010
every single argument in that link has a logical flaw or hole.

#1 for instance, for zombies to become animal prey, there would have to be animals around, and here and in most of the highly populated areas in the world, that isn't an issue, not to mention, how are you going to be sure that animals are going to find mutated zombie flesh tasty. Then you could always have Resident evil type zombies, in which case zeke would have turned just by feasting on zombie flesh.

I could tear apart each and every point they made but reading it once made me mad enough, I'm not going through it again.
Aug 27, 2010 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
MomeRath said:
every single argument in that link has a logical flaw or hole.

#1 for instance, for zombies to become animal prey, there would have to be animals around, and here and in most of the highly populated areas in the world, that isn't an issue, not to mention, how are you going to be sure that animals are going to find mutated zombie flesh tasty. Then you could always have Resident evil type zombies, in which case zeke would have turned just by feasting on zombie flesh.

I could tear apart each and every point they made but reading it once made me mad enough, I'm not going through it again.
lol, dont get angry over an article. but you do have a point, i guess it just means that zombies cant take over the whole world, but they can take a part of it for like 3 weeks before they fall to pieces

Aug 27, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
A zombie outbreak might be successful if it were those fast alpha zombies that appear in Left 4 Dead, Dawn of the Dead, etc.
Aug 28, 2010 12:40 AM
Jun 2008
A zombie outbreak might be successful if it were those zombies that appear inside a mansion ,secret lab, or tight places.
Sep 3, 2010 11:17 PM

Dec 2009
Well you've got to be LOGICAL about this. Even if the topic is kinda stupid... xD

A zombie apocalypse won't just randomly start. Like, "Omfg, there's a zombie, wtf, right in the middle of my school. I wonder how that got there." It would probably start in a lab, by some dumbass, and all the coworkers would be like, "Hey, Jim, could you file some pap- OMFG YOU'RE EATING MY BRAINS." So that would put the count to at least say... 5? After you see blood and hear screaming, you're gonna run out of that place like a bat out of hell.

Even if this happened. Whatever way it happens... people will not be that stupid. They just won't. There are going to be pussies. But all those sadist, and the armies. I'm sure anyone is willing to set aside their difference for a zombie outbreak. Because, god damnit, we don't want the zombies killing Iraqians! THAT'S OUR JOB! Now think about the 6 billion people on this Earth. Half of them will not participate in this little game. Half of that half probably don't know how to shoot a gun. And half of that half probably don't know shit about aiming. That's still an upperhand that we have.

Also, c'mon. If the zombies are anything like the ones in HOTD, I can imagine at least 3 people being able to clear the school. But of course, people had to be idiots, cause it's a show, so people are gonna do the stupidest shit imaginable. We're humans. Most of us have been praying to God for a zombie outbreak, and hell, when we get one, it's ON.

In short, we're gonna blow some zombie brains.
Sep 13, 2010 5:01 AM

Jun 2009
WITCH-es needed here!!
IZUMI64Sep 14, 2010 2:42 AM
Sep 19, 2010 5:23 PM
Mar 2010
How I see zombies is:

They are half dead humans. Of course since they're dead they can't go as fast as us, but they can still run. I can jog at a constant 7 mph for 15 minutes. I can sprint at 12 mph for 3 minutes. A zombie then might be able to run at a constant 3-6 mph for a while (depending on who they were before infected), maybe for an hour. They don't breath but they still have muscles and over time they just won't be able to keep running.

They're blood does not infect us. It's their saliva, that's why they bite.

The reason a head shot is necessary is because the brain controls their functions, it's the only reason they're alive. If you take out their spin, they can't move but anyone walking along might be so unfortunate that they get their ankles bit. There must me something at least 1/4 into their head to kill them.

A zombie is fucking strong. They would beat almost any of us in an arm wrestling contest so if one got you, you're screwed. So anything shorter than a bat would not work as a melee weapon.

Yes they decay. Much slower than normal dead bodies though. It would take three months or so for a zombie to decay to the point of death here in Hawaii. Now here comes why they eat us. We are their food source because we have what they need. When they eat us they take out minerals and all that jazz so they don't decay. Unless a zombies is off where there are no humans, they're good to go.

Zombies don't have a nervous system and don't feel pain, end of story.

Now how would they infect all of us? Well first of all they don't look that much like zombie until at least a day or two after they're infected. So we wouldn't really know. No one's first impression wold be "Oh hey a zombie!" (Okay maybe yours and mine but I digress) they'd be like "Oh shit a mad man just bit that person!" It might take about five minutes for the virus to take effect and bam the person helping gets bit. After a while this repeats. In a panic a lot of people will probably get push down, trampled, ect. and they're ripe for zombie picking.

If this originates in only one country, doubtfully it'll get around, but it's still possible considering the first few days a zombie might not be known. And if you're bit in the hand, it takes at least a week to be infected. So walking along and someone bites your hand, all you thing is wtf, not zombie? Yeah so then you go on your vacation to Europe and zombie outbreak.

If it starts in several locations at once (terrorist attack much?) then yeah, we're fucked.

A zombie outbreak could become a worldwide pandemic but we also will probably be able to live it. There will always be that group (like HotD, they have those survivors) that keeps going. Sooner or later we'll come back and start picking up the pieces.

Here's the main reason an outbreak would fail: They eat up there food source. They eat an multiply fast. It's like taking the cougars and rabbits then switching their reproductive cycle. Think how fast the cougars population would grow and how slowly the rabbits would. Once the food is gone, so are they.

I'm not really sure if I said everything I wanted to but meh... Good enough.
May 19, 2015 8:35 AM
May 2015
I just pick one reason, dehydration. I dont see where the zombies get the water from, forget zombies outbreak they dont even can last a week whitout water. Seriously they never reach middle east even african savanah and our body move by using 'fuel' that we eat every day so how the zombies can survive in month? Forget source of food they take one bite find other people (touch and go rule if you know what i mean :P) i know this is the way to spread infection better but i can bet the outbreak only stay in a city, a people accros mile away dont get infected. And thecold problem they only can survive if they can mutate their body like the frog( that can survive winter until spring) and only pure evil govement + Group of super evil mad scientist can create virus that can control host and control body fluid also prevent them from being eaten by bug eating corsp.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.