Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2010 6:43 PM
Mar 2008
Well I've been reading some posts here and I red a lot about Hobby Search. I entered there, made an account and found some interesting stuff. I decided to buy 4 figures, weighting all together about 1.8kg. So far so good, everything was cool till I reach the confirmation part, were I was being charged about U$S100 for shipping. In that moment I said wtf and, obviously, didn't buy anything. I've bought some stuff via Ebay, J-List, and some other sites, normally you get a cheap shipping (in some sites it's free), but you guys surely know more about that than me. My question is, did I do something wrong? I tried with SAL and EMS, and still got about U$S100 only for shipping, is this normal? Because I don't really like paying U$S100 for a U$S180 package, and as I said before, I've bought stuff from Japan, and never got an expensive shipping cost like that (used EMS for a 1,5kg package and got charged no more than 40 bucks).

Sorry for your time and thanks.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 4, 2010 5:27 AM

Aug 2007
It's probably that they would pack the boxes full of paper for safety reasons. How big were those figures?
Aug 5, 2010 5:44 PM
Mar 2008
20cm average. :<
Aug 5, 2010 5:45 PM
Mar 2008
20cm~
Aug 28, 2010 8:40 AM

Mar 2007
Hobby search shipping price depends on the total weight of your stuff. I generally pay around 3500Y for shipping when I buy stuff with them.
2000Y was the cheapest I ever paid.
100$ for 4 figures , 20cm average sounds about right.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Oct 25, 2011 3:18 AM

Mar 2010
strange indeed ... cause normally combined shipping should be cheaper. 4 figures is much so ok the shipping iwll be more than average but I would have guessed about 50 usd
Jul 14, 2017 2:16 PM
Jul 2017
Hobby Search just doesn't stand behind their products... For a while I was a big fan of Hobby Search - good inventory, reasonable prices, though they definitely gouge you on the shipping - but then I received a couple of carelessly-packed packages on different orders, where the figures inside were so closely packed that they damaged each other during shipment. Nothing too serious, but definitely an issue for a collector. So I pointed these issues out, only to get a link to their self-protective store policies and a veiled threat that I would have to pay more for shipping if I wanted better packaging. It turns out that, according to their store policies, they don't guarantee the condition of the figure boxes, just the figures themselves, and they don't take responsibility for the shipper they use. If the shipper seriously damages an item, they claim you have to contact the shipper to get compensation, not Hobby Search. Could you imagine a US-based company trying that?! It really became an issue when they sent a package that was seriously damaged during shipment - crushed actually - and the figure boxes themselves were crushed as well. So does Hobby Search offer to return or replace the damaged items. No, of course not. They again point me to their onerous store policies and tell me that I have to contact the shipper to get compensation. So beware this seller - if you want to take the chance that everything goes perfectly, they are as good as anyone, I guess, but if something goes wrong with your order, you're screwed... I paid more than $300 for worthless figures from these bozos.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » MyFigureCollection Accounts

Quintessence - Jul 18, 2014

12 by MaryNekoChan »»
Apr 18, 2017 3:25 AM

» What Anime Figures Would You Buy If They Were Made?

loplop - Apr 22, 2009

44 by Jadefire79 »»
Aug 15, 2016 10:25 PM

» [NSFW] - My set of cute & sexy fairies from Tony's Heroine Collection

twoduy - Apr 30, 2016

0 by twoduy »»
Apr 30, 2016 7:15 AM

» Show us your figure collection! / Catch of The Day ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Flame_Haze - Feb 25, 2008

608 by StatuesFigsMore »»
Apr 29, 2016 3:11 PM

» Heater and Caring for your PVC figures

Lt_Spinzaku - Dec 12, 2013

2 by Lt_Spinzaku »»
Dec 12, 2013 10:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.