Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2010 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So happy that the new chapter finally came out! I think I'll have to go back and reread some chapters to get back on track properly though.
I really liked it how the chapter started with a bit of 'recap', but didn't go too far ^^
I'm enjoying how the story is progressing :)
Can't wait for the next chapter. Anyone know when it might come out?
Jul 17, 2010 11:12 AM

Jan 2010
Can't remember half the story. It's been too long since the last chapter came out.
But it was interesting and I will definitely read the next chapter when it comes out.
About when the next chapter will come out. At the end of the chapter there was 14th october written.
Jul 17, 2010 5:23 PM

Jan 2008
gah~! i was so glad to FINALLY spot a new chapter. and are the releases being brought out as they are in japan because i would think that this actually came out last year but i don't know enough info about the series to search when it actually comes out so i'll go look into that. i hope we don't have to wait so long DX
Jul 18, 2010 1:02 PM

Jan 2010
Did some research.
It went on hiatus in 2008 and was restarted in 2010. Because the last chapters were released in 2008 I believe we have read all the chapters there are.
Also the magazine it is published in comes out in every four months.
Jul 22, 2010 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
Whew....I'm glad I waited til today to start reading this series!
Loving the series and can't wait til the next chapter release!!

Anyways, I really hope there's someway around Takiko having to die. I really like her!
Aug 10, 2010 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the update on my manga watch list. The last chapter ended on a terrible cliffhanger, and it was painful waiting for two years to find out what happens. Though, I'm glad Watase has regained her health, and that's the most important thing.

Yeah, the recap was done nicely, I remember screaming in my head prior to reaching the bedroom scene: "No, after all this wait don't turn this chapter into a recap, I can go back and re-red the previous chapters T_T".

Honestly, I always thought that Ceres will remain Watase's best work. But with the way this story is shaping up: how well politics are being handled, how the characters are being developed with the right amount of angst without sinking into the realms of melodrama, this might end up being her best. It's clear that Watase has quite matured as a storyteller; I hope this work will be followed with a Byakko sequel.

Back to this chpter, I totally forgot that Takiko had contracted a disease, and with her determination to summon Genbu, choosing her duty over her love (which I greatly respect her for it) things keep getting worse and more hopeless for her. I remember Watase once mentioning in one of her side notes that she had been receiving emails expressing concern over Takiko's fate, and that she too is mindful of that. I don't consider The Genbu sub story in the anime canon, since Watase herself didn't write it, but I must admit that Takiko's tragedy and how maturely she handeles her problems is one of the reasons why I consider her one of the best shoujo heroines. The only happy ending I could see is a reincarnation ending, with Takiko and Rimudo being reborn in another time, just like what happened to the Suzaku warriors.
removed-userAug 10, 2010 3:23 AM
Aug 21, 2010 2:54 AM

Apr 2009
KatiKallis said:
Did some research.
It went on hiatus in 2008 and was restarted in 2010. Because the last chapters were released in 2008 I believe we have read all the chapters there are.
Also the magazine it is published in comes out in every four months.
so then next chapter comes out 4 months after this one?
Oct 18, 2010 2:12 AM

Apr 2010
Really glad to see that this series is finally continuing again.
Looking forward to the next chapter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden Chapter 40 Discussion

Eglyntine - Jul 3, 2013

6 by AlexielMudou »»
Sep 4, 2020 11:13 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden Chapter 16 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 4, 2018

0 by linkjoker »»
Dec 4, 2018 12:51 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden Chapter 9 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 3, 2018

0 by linkjoker »»
Dec 3, 2018 11:24 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden Chapter 8 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 11, 2011

2 by linkjoker »»
Dec 3, 2018 8:57 AM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden Chapter 7 Discussion

linkjoker - Dec 2, 2018

0 by linkjoker »»
Dec 2, 2018 2:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.