Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2010 5:04 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
show me some BURNING TENNIS XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 18, 2010 11:39 PM

May 2010
Time to fight back..
Feb 18, 2011 7:11 AM

May 2010
Jun 13, 2015 3:13 AM
Aug 2012
powerful doubles, but honestly I thought that it would be Inui-Kaido pair
Feb 26, 2016 8:57 AM

Mar 2011
Who directed this episode? Too nonsense, especially the end... lol
Apr 9, 10:47 AM

Aug 2012
I do like this show but I'm super tired of the whole way matches often play out. The guys are 0-5 in a semi final 1 set match and yet we're supposed to believe it's all going to plan. So many times this show has done some form of our heroes losing a bunch of games before somehow turning it around. Although sometimes the twist is they get all the way back and then lose right at the end anyway.

Like a break of serve in Tennis is a big deal and I don't think the show has actually mentioned this at all thus far. The games and points in them are rarely followed along at all. It's basically a shonen fighting series rather than a sports series (it is shonen jump I guess) where the main focus is on special shots, most of which defy logic, instead of the actual sport of tennis.

Also why was the first match they played in this tournament in some sort of arena but every match after has been back to just a boring court surrounded by a fence? It's made the progression of the matches kinda boring. Where is the prestige? This tournament has the same prestige as the football matches I played in the car parks with jumpers for goal posts as a kid. I really feel like the show is a downgrade on modern sports anime, most of them anyway. I scored Baby Steps at just 6/10 but while I didn't like the main character in that the games and sport in general were a big step up from this show.

Honestly typing this out maybe I'm not enjoying this show quite as much as I thought, it has become very repetitive and the way it presents the actual games of tennis is kinda bad.
BlaizeVApr 9, 10:55 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 178 Discussion

Seabury - Dec 28, 2011

19 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 30, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 171 Discussion

Toots - Nov 15, 2014

4 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 29, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 149 Discussion

Yoruichy - Feb 4, 2012

4 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 23, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 147 Discussion

SenChen - Mar 12, 2016

2 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 22, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 71 Discussion

deuchi - Feb 5, 2011

14 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 4, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.