Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2010 4:45 AM

Apr 2009

Saimoe 2010 has started, boys and girls. Butthurt, tears and bragging rights are at hand.

Official Saimoe Site (Japanese) http://animesaimoe2010w.web.fc2.com/
English Site http://www.animesaimoe.org/

Saimoe said:

Saimoe is back for 2010, and this year brings a new cut-throat set up guaranteed to ramp up the tactical voting and butt hurt to higher levels than ever before, especially with so many series in contention for the prize. Currently in the preliminary phase, which factions will make an early push for an advantage?

In essence, Saimoe is a contest in which you vote for your favourite 2D character, in an attempt to prove her superiority over other ones. The voting process is a bit complicated, but it is explained here:

http://www.animesaimoe.org/votingguide.html

Get voting, it has only entered the second round of the Preliminaries so there is still plenty of time to get into it.

Results of the First Preliminary
Jul 10, 2010 6:38 AM

Jun 2008
There already is a Saimoe competition... And from the look of it, the other one seems far more comprehensive.

Besides I see a major lack of Hinagiku here.
Jul 10, 2010 7:38 AM

Apr 2009
Nerox89 said:
There already is a Saimoe competition... And from the look of it, the other one seems far more comprehensive.

This is Japanese Saimoe, the other one is the International Saimoe.

No one cares about the result of the International Saimoe, but the Japanese Saimoe is serious shit. Hina got to the Semifinal in '09 before losing out to Taiga.
Jul 10, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2010
Voting Format said:
Remember that you must add at least one supporting comment for your vote to count.

Yeah, no thanks. I shouldn't have to convince someone why I voted the way I did.
Jul 10, 2010 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
Zukin-Man said:
Voting Format said:
Remember that you must add at least one supporting comment for your vote to count.

Yeah, no thanks. I shouldn't have to convince someone why I voted the way I did.

It's to avoid spamvotes, I think.
Jul 11, 2010 5:05 PM

Apr 2009
Group 2 Results

Group 3 Results

Jul 30, 2010 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
Well, the main bracket is set up. Time for some predictions... after I browse through it all. XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 30, 2010 9:24 PM

Aug 2008
KyuuAL said:
Well, the main bracket is set up. Time for some predictions... after I browse through it all. XD

OK, I'll read off of Aya Reiko's chart:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3166968&postcount=1351

Mixed with prelim results:
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w330/SaimoeArchive/Saimoe2010/FirstPrelims/FirstPreliminariesOverview.jpg

Though always room for the upset (butthurt) somewhere. Can't expect the top runners in prelim to win.. even in round 1:

Group A: Nagi. I'm reluctant to make this call; though, she still managed to beat out Senjougahara.

A 2-1: Looking @ Yachiyo (Working!!) to pull out of this one. Though, I have yet to see Angel Beats; so, Irie may give a bit of a running.
A 2-2: Hanyuu. Basing off of prelim numbers. Pretty much everyone else is fodder, with exception of Nadeko.
A 2-3: Nagi. Though, Hanekawa (Bakemonogatari) may give a run for the money here, especially with the last two episodes of the series.

Group B: Shana vs Nanoha. I can see Shana edging out Nanoha in this one.

B 2-1: Shana. Hands down.
B 2-2: Nanoha. Based on history; and it seems Nanoha fans have not backed down over the years.
B 2-3: Isumi. HnG fans come in force as well. Expect to see a challenge from Shinobu.

===

These brackets are bulky. I'll look into the rest later.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Jul 31, 2010 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Group C: Mihoko. (Sentimental favorite) XD

C 2-1: Ayumu. From what it seems in Prelims, Saki characters have taken a step back. That's mostly due to the series ending around August last year. So, it's been a while. However, it seems that HnG support is still strong.
C 2-2: Uiharu. Between - Maria, Hisa, and Uiharu - Uiharu is the fresh newcomer in Railgun, who seems to be a big horse this year.
C 2-3: Mihoko. This boils down to Mihoko vs Nodoka, in which Mihoko holds the edge here.

Jul 31, 2010 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
Much easier to read off of these:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=3167811&postcount=1375

Group D: Koromo. She's practically a meme.

Group E: Yamada.

E 2-1: Index. Railgun. Done.
E 2-2: Yamada. Just her facial expression alone will lure in voting here.
E 2-3: I'd love to say, Haruhi, here. However, she just keeps getting weaker and weaker every year.

Group F: Yui (Angel Beats). Basically Yui vs Hinagiku, and I'll doubt on Hinagiku pulling it out against Yui here.

Group G: Misaka Mikoto.
(group of death)

G 2-1: Misaka Mikoto. The Railgun herself.
G 2-2: Azu-nyan. This G04 match alone is a group of death with Ui, Touka, and Stealth Momo right off the bat. Then you have Azu-nyan and Taneshima (Working!!) coming from the other two matches. This is by far the hardest to pick. Regardless, I doubt neither of the Saki characters here will survive. Yet, I can see Azu-nyan being stronger than last year.
G 2-3: Kobato. Kobato is an unknown to me at this point. Then y'have Shiina (Angel Beats) and Mio.

Group H: Fate. Boil down to Saten vs Fate. Nanoha faction should be able to make the push here.

H 2-1: Fate. Despite a Fate-Saber match earlier on, Fate will take care of her easily. And for once, Fate doesn't have to worry about a Rozen Maiden ruining her Saimoe run.
H 2-2: Saten. Railgun. Though, Tsumugi can ruin her.
H 2-3: To me, no one here sticks out.
KyuuALJul 31, 2010 12:36 PM

Oct 16, 2010 7:46 AM

Mar 2008
Azusa from K-ON!! won the Saimoe 2010!
Congratulations!

The final result is:
1st 1516 votes | Nakano Azusa @ K-ON!!
2nd 1339 votes | Sanzen'in Nagi @ Hayate no Gotoku!!

"Time is liquid. One moment is no more important than any other and all moments quickly run away."
Oct 16, 2010 7:52 AM

May 2009
Haylias said:
Nerox89 said:

This is Japanese Saimoe, the other one is the International Saimoe.

No one cares about the result of the International Saimoe, but the Japanese Saimoe is serious shit. Hina got to the Semifinal in '09 before losing out to Taiga.

And why would this be more serious than the International one?

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

135 by -YaoiBoy- »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
7 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 26 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 6 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
8 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.