Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 28, 12:46 AM
Jun 2009
The main characters look like literal expys from Keikenzumi.

And it seems the FMC also has some weird emotional trauma where she offers sex to everyone?
Sep 28, 12:56 AM
Feb 2024
mechian said:

And it seems the FMC also has some weird emotional trauma where she offers sex to everyone?

I feel this was much better because of the naturality of the show
Sep 28, 1:01 AM
Jul 2022
They also moved past the "offer sex thing" pretty fast compared to the other show. It's more slice of life than romance.
Sep 28, 2:50 AM
Oct 2021
Keikenzumi is a rom com kind of anime. This is complete drama. At least that's what I think. 🤷🏻
@NoIdea
Sep 28, 5:07 AM
Dec 2021
mechian said:

They don’t even compare, the only thing in common between the two series is the gal thing and saki was putting a facade by playing the gal girl

I don’t know how you came up with the idea that the 2 MCs are similar, The MCs are not similar to each other at all, i would say they are the complete opposite, Yuta is actually reliable, realistic and better written overall.
Sep 28, 7:10 AM

Jan 2020
This is so much purer
Sep 28, 3:51 PM
Aug 2023
mechian said:

This is much better, there’s no comparison. The FMC offering sex quickly turned out to be a rumor that was proven false.
Sep 29, 4:35 PM

Jul 2023
Hey, I also adore Keikenzumi. So here's my comparison. Keikenzumi is wholesome fun. Most people don't like it because of the girl's sexual history, but it's like comfort food.

Gimai seikatsu is drama. There's more artistic love to this. The story is supposed to be slower than what the anime had presented because it is suppose to document their day-to-day, ordinary living, out of which the romance emerges.

If you already like Keikenzumi, you would probably love this more. They're different though. Luna's personality is different to Saki. Saki's personality is more like Maria's.
Sep 30, 2:53 AM
Jun 2009
Reply to patkarunungan
Hey, I also adore Keikenzumi. So here's my comparison. Keikenzumi is wholesome fun. Most people don't like it because of the girl's sexual history, but it's like comfort food.

Gimai seikatsu is drama. There's more artistic love to this. The story is supposed to be slower than what the anime had presented because it is suppose to document their day-to-day, ordinary living, out of which the romance emerges.

If you already like Keikenzumi, you would probably love this more. They're different though. Luna's personality is different to Saki. Saki's personality is more like Maria's.
@patkarunungan What about otonari no tenshi and Higehiro? How does the drama compare.
Sep 30, 3:53 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to mechian
@patkarunungan What about otonari no tenshi and Higehiro? How does the drama compare.

@mechian

This anime has been likened to Otonari no Tenshi, but I haven't watched it. Some say they have similar vibes but it's full of fanservice whereas Gimai doesn't have fanservice.

As for comparing it with Higehiro, I have to put out this disclaimer that everyone experiences drama differently. The drama in Gimai feels just right but some people feel overwhelmed, so whatever I describe is just my experience.

The drama in Higehiro is plain and lacks subtlety. You know that Sayu experienced bad shit. She has a bad relationship with her mother that's why she ran away.

There was much shouting and crying in Higehiro from what I remember, the standard stuff of drama. Also, you will likely goon on the girls in Higehiro than in Gimai.

Our pair in Gimai do not have it as bad as Sayu, but they are nevertheless depressed and do not trust people. Both have a parent who disappointed them. They're emotionally stunted.

Anyway, the format of Gimai is the ordinary, day-to-day lives of our characters, which is why it's slow. (Let me tell you that this anime should have been slower if we take the pacing of the light novels because the anime had to cram stuff to cover 4 volumes in 12 episodes.) For some people, it's boring, but me personally, it feels good watching them. It's pretty chill. There seems to be nothing happening, but it's full of subtext. To outside observers, these characters are living drama-free lives. But we know that isn't true because we know their thoughts through the ocassional voice overs. This one is more subtle. Sometimes, the visual elements, if analysed properly, will clue you in on the internal states of the characters.

For example, you will sometimes see them in mirror reflections, and you can guess that what they are presenting to the world is different to what they are actually experiencing.

patkarununganSep 30, 3:38 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

171 by metalrain_15 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22

79 by Prometheus657 »»
Yesterday, 1:10 PM

» The author's explanation regarding the reason why Saki offered Asamura her body.

ShiroHachi - Jul 18

47 by n0tSamir »»
Oct 18, 2:02 PM

» "That" Scene from Episode 3

Shikkakku - Oct 18

2 by Shikkakku »»
Oct 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12

90 by basspig »»
Oct 14, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.