Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 27, 1:53 PM

Jul 2019
As posted about i am curious if this is good in terms of VN adaptations? There are lots of VN adaptations that ended up in a really bad way so i want to know if this can be considered good adaptation or not? (I will play the VN or watch the show depending on the conclusion i reach out from this post)
Sep 27, 2:39 PM

Feb 2020
i havent seen that many VN-adapted anime, but just from my perspective as a vn reader for Atri, its been going pretty well. Theyve done pretty well conveying the story, and i like how they put actual faces to some of the supporting cast. and when the animation counts, troyca delivered well, so not much complaints there

if anything that this anime is missing, itd be better bgm. the VN really made the experience feel immersive (this is also largely due to experiencing the story at ur own pace), but otherwise its still a good adaptation
Sep 27, 5:29 PM
Jun 2024
they kinda of deviated on ep 11 from the visual novel
Sep 28, 4:12 AM

Mar 2024
I echo the posters above me, it's mostly the same story but by removing a couple of vital plot points and inserting another we're going to have a different ending. That's fine with me.
Sep 28, 11:06 AM
Jun 2024
Idk i've only watched 3 adaptations.
Steinsgate was closest to vn and was great.
Aokana was somewhat close to vn, but felt very boring and confusing.
Nekopara (not the OVA) was not related to the vn at all except for the characters (barely), but it was at least entertaining ig.

This one? I feel like its a mix of nekopara and aokana. Many of the new scenes and changes are entertaining because its a new experience. But the original parts I feel are either watered down, or missing a lot of context to really understand what's going on.
Also like boazanian said, the VN has really good OST. Does this anime even have any music?
I do also think the VN was far more immersive.
The animations are nice for this adaptation though, and i like the cute atri faces.
I think Atri's voice is a lot more annoying in the anime even though its the same VA? I'm not sure why. Maybe she speaks in a higher pitched voice more often or something.
Sep 28, 5:05 PM
May 2019
Highly recommend playing the VN before watching the anime. Everything seems to have been altered as of ep 9 and the changes in the anime make the story a whole lot more optimistic about everything. Natsuki's development is practically non-existent since the entire period of his development was scrapped, and the anime's plot is using plenty of convenience to manage the sequence of events and get to a completely different ending. Atri and Natsuki's relationship in the anime is a lot more watered down with missing backstory and context. I would watch the anime after you play the VN.
Sep 28, 6:47 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to BlueMoonTornado
Highly recommend playing the VN before watching the anime. Everything seems to have been altered as of ep 9 and the changes in the anime make the story a whole lot more optimistic about everything. Natsuki's development is practically non-existent since the entire period of his development was scrapped, and the anime's plot is using plenty of convenience to manage the sequence of events and get to a completely different ending. Atri and Natsuki's relationship in the anime is a lot more watered down with missing backstory and context. I would watch the anime after you play the VN.
@BlueMoonTornado I agree, you lose nothing by playing the game before the anime, and I'm not too sure that the anime will handle the ending well.
Sep 28, 7:48 PM
Jun 2024
yea. i agree that the vn is definitely the way better choice. Unless you happen to be allergic to vn's like some of my friends are.
Sep 29, 3:00 AM

Jul 2019
Alright then, i will probably check first 2-3 epsiodes to see if i can get into the series and if i do i will read the VN.
Sep 29, 7:20 AM

Dec 2023
I have not actually played the VN but after researching it a bit before this aired I expected this anime to be my favourite of the season.

With E1-5 that was looking somewhat promising and I was always really excited for the next "ATRI Saturday".

But after E6-7 my interest flatlined and when I talked about my frustrations some VN players told me that the anime hadn't done a good job of developing the romance aspect compared to VN, and I can really believe it because for me there was a real lack of chemistry/ development in places.

I haven't officially dropped the show on my MAL, but I have felt no desire to watch since E7 (about 5 weeks I think) and I am considering just playing VN someday instead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 5

106 by Ashhk »»
Yesterday, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 28

55 by Ashhk »»
Yesterday, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

43 by Ashhk »»
Oct 18, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 14

82 by Ashhk »»
Oct 18, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 7

57 by Ashhk »»
Oct 18, 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.