Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 30, 10:56 AM

Apr 2020
While he may not have gotten more than 2 lines this episode he still got the girl.

I’d feel bad for the Yuri fans, but they got Mizore Nozomi and Asuka Kaori so I don’t lol.
MrRantJun 30, 11:26 AM
Jun 30, 10:59 AM

Apr 2020
So it wasn’t all for naught.
Jun 30, 11:00 AM

Apr 2020
I almost thought they wouldn’t do it with how they changed from the light novel.
Jun 30, 12:39 PM

Nov 2019
Idgaf about yuri fans. I do care about how awkwardly the relationship was developed between Kumiko and Shuichi in the show.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 30, 12:46 PM

Oct 2018
This motherfucker is a fucking NPC, he doesn't have 2 lines in the WHOLE show and still got the girl.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 30, 1:16 PM
Aug 2022
MrRant said:
I almost thought they wouldn’t do it with how they changed from the light novel.

Ooooh, I mean I already just set my own head cannon that they got together but I completely forgot about the hairpin thing.

When I saw it at the end I kept thinking it looked so familiar but this was a nice confirmation.

I’m glad they officially got together then they have a good dynamic
Jun 30, 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
Yuri fans coping that two straight girls and even one of them openly in love with a dude did not ended up together. lul

Jun 30, 8:36 PM

Jul 2023
Shuichi is such a lucky bastard 😵😵😵

...morning, afternoon & evening and time is slipping away...

Jun 30, 9:59 PM
Dec 2008
In the end he was still shafted hard by Kyoani. You could say they spent almost a decade downplaying his character and relationship with Kumiko for excessive yuri pandering that obviously went nowhere.
Jun 30, 10:39 PM
Aug 2018
gnodab said:
In the end he was still shafted hard by Kyoani. You could say they spent almost a decade downplaying his character and relationship with Kumiko for excessive yuri pandering that obviously went nowhere.

bro bagged kumiko and people will still say he got shafted cause they didn't kiss on screen
Jun 30, 11:13 PM

Mar 2024
I believe that Kumiko X Reina is yuri.

Shuuichi is in the background and his relationships with Kumiko is too boring.

Yes, Reina have crush on teacher, but this is not an object of love as such, it is rather a sublime ideal, a kind of romantic image in her imagination.

But Kumiko was there all these 3 years and there was a strong passion between them that was impossible not to notice.

Even if they separated after graduation, they were together almost all the time during those three years.

So this is 100% pure yuri

Yesterday, 12:10 AM
Dec 2008
Reply to xPhellt
gnodab said:

bro bagged kumiko and people will still say he got shafted cause they didn't kiss on screen
@xPhellt nobody said anything about kissing, just keeping his appearances and character in tact. But those were set aside for mindless yuribait.

It’s about the ride not the destination.
Yesterday, 12:23 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to x_scolopendra_x
I believe that Kumiko X Reina is yuri.

Shuuichi is in the background and his relationships with Kumiko is too boring.

Yes, Reina have crush on teacher, but this is not an object of love as such, it is rather a sublime ideal, a kind of romantic image in her imagination.

But Kumiko was there all these 3 years and there was a strong passion between them that was impossible not to notice.

Even if they separated after graduation, they were together almost all the time during those three years.

So this is 100% pure yuri

@x_scolopendra_x I'm not Yuri Haters but I'm 100% sure this is only Yuri Bait. That's why I didn't too like to watch this series. I watch because i got bait. First Reina Second Asuka and Last is Kanade.
Kanade is gold girl at this series,I like her Characters. It make me smile when she appeared.
6 hours ago

Nov 2019
Reply to gnodab
@gnodab what if I told you

1. The studio didn't know in S1 if they are going to be able to adapt the work fully

2. The author isn't too adept at handling male characters and relationships - studio notices this

3. While Reina can be pretty boring on her own, she's pretty good when with Kumiko - studio notices this

4. KyoAni being KyoAni will try their best to visually make KumiReina look glorious

So, they sticked to the strengths of the source at first, emphasized visually on the biggest relationship in the story, and then did some minor damage control for Shuichi as the end approached. Yuri pandering and such - I don't think that's their style, more often than not this studio just likes to do what it itself likes to see, rather than targeting a specific audience.

Edit: I mean the bold Ep 12 decision speaks volumes about their "devil may care" attitude
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

» Your favorite OSTs from the series?

gprime70 - 4 hours ago

1 by NotaMasterpiev »»
8 minutes ago

» It's over bros. No more Kumiko from now on. I am not sure how to cope. Thank you KyoAni for this.

cythraul - Jun 30

38 by Laplace_kun »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DarkHumor04 - Jun 30

164 by Roqueiro »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Ultimate Hibike! Euphonium Best girl poll

cythraul - Jun 30

34 by nirererin »»
2 hours ago

» I feel bad for Shuichi!

amusedpatata - Jun 30

9 by serenxyz »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.