Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 7:57 PM
Feb 2021
Thumbnails do nothing for me. One of the benefits of this site was the simple design and navigation. Now its a pain to read each thumbnail as it feels disjointed and on a 4K monitor with this site zoomed 140%, I still barely make out what the thumbnail is.

Plus, If I am looking at anime, the related items should be anime listed first on the left and the source (manga, LN, etc) should be second and vice versa. There should be a line break as well differentiate between each mediums. Now, it looks cluttered when you have more than two related items.

Have an option to revert to the old setting please.
Jun 3, 8:42 PM
Nov 2019
Wow I absolutly hate this change. It makes it so much harder to quickly see all of the related animes to a series. High school DxD for example, if i want to go from season to season I have to scroll through all the ovas and tv specials to get to the next one. Before we had the option to just see it all and click on the one that we wanted to get to. If you wanted to add a thumbnail to the series, you should have just made the section longer or had a preview of the anime pop up with you hovered over the link with a image and short description. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU, MAKE A LEEGACY OPTION FOR THIS!
Jun 4, 10:14 AM
Jan 2017
Reply to ColinV
Thumbnails do nothing for me. One of the benefits of this site was the simple design and navigation. Now its a pain to read each thumbnail as it feels disjointed and on a 4K monitor with this site zoomed 140%, I still barely make out what the thumbnail is.

Plus, If I am looking at anime, the related items should be anime listed first on the left and the source (manga, LN, etc) should be second and vice versa. There should be a line break as well differentiate between each mediums. Now, it looks cluttered when you have more than two related items.

Have an option to revert to the old setting please.
ColinV said:

I agree 100%.
Jun 6, 8:43 AM

Mar 2022
Please give me the option to revert back to the old design. I don't find this new design as easy to navigate and the thumbnails are just distracting. Much prefer the simplicity of text only and having all listings visible by default.
Jun 7, 12:49 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm... At first, I was surprised and skeptical, but I decided to give this change some time. The idea of slightly refreshing the Related Anime/Manga section and making it more comfortable to browse sounded good. That's why I thought my initial skepticism could've been simply because something new had appeared and I needed to get used to it.

Unfortunately, after several days, I began to miss the old system. Don't get me wrong, the new one works well when there aren't a lot of related entries, and for sure it's great because it shows what kind of format each entry is (TV series, movie, ONA, etc.). But it doesn't mean the new way of showing those entries is flawless. When there are a lot of related entries, it simply becomes a mess. The section is already visually bigger due to several thumbnails, and expanding it to see a high number of entries of various kinds becomes hard to read. While the ability to hide long lists is convenient, I still think the more minimalistic approach of the previous system was way more informative and clearer, at least for entries with many other related entries connected to them.

I really wish we could choose the system we prefer more in general.
Jun 9, 9:23 PM

Jul 2017
I thought the "related entries" section had been removed from the website until I found this post.

Because my eyes glaze over the MALxJapan and other ads, which is right by the related entries section. The related entries pictures are too small to see and nothing else in that section stands out. I thought it was just gone.
Jun 10, 6:15 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Maenads
I thought the "related entries" section had been removed from the website until I found this post.

Because my eyes glaze over the MALxJapan and other ads, which is right by the related entries section. The related entries pictures are too small to see and nothing else in that section stands out. I thought it was just gone.
@Maenads Yep, I'm still having this problem even after weeks of it being like this; eyes just slide right past it
Jun 11, 3:18 AM

Nov 2019
This was a surprise, I was struggling to find sequels but with the current layout it seems confusing going back and forth series with 5+ seasons. I have to open tabs if I want to keep my progress between checking sequels.
Jun 12, 2:39 PM

Mar 2018
The idea is really nice but an option to use the older version would be very nice. I prefer the more compact look it had compared to how it is now.

I feel like this looks a lot nicer and cleaner

Compared to this which feels like a mesh between two styles and just looks a little janky

Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Jun 2024
The recent update to the Anime/Manga database pages enhances user experience by adding thumbnails and entry types for frequently-clicked related entries, improving visibility. To maintain readability, additional related entries are collapsed under a More/Less accordion, especially useful for extensive franchises like One Piece.

Yesterday, 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
Couple things wrong with this
1. Please add the option to automatically show all related, having to click the button every time makes it really annoying to tell at a glance what anime are related
2. Please make it possible to either show all or none of the entires with images, the contrast is very annoying to look at & splitting shows with and without images re-orders the fields in oftentimes annoying ways
Otherwise I like the idea, would appreciate if these 2 changes are considered
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» [Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Apr 6, 2022

207 by Heighte02 »»
10 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

248 by tingy »»
Jun 10, 10:35 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

122 by Vaturna »»
Jun 10, 8:17 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

146 by Shadelurker »»
Jun 6, 9:38 AM

» Favorites Boosting Accounts: Ranking Recalculations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 6, 2021

407 by bastek66 »»
May 31, 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.