Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
May 3, 5:49 AM
Aug 2022
I didn't really expect much from the anime adaptation, but the animation disappointed me..
May 3, 5:56 AM
Dec 2021
I mean it’s fine. What did you expect?

May 3, 5:57 AM
Jul 2021
I don’t think understand how people’s opinions of a show can be effected by animation (unless it’s really really bad or really good) I feel like the middle 50% of animation quality is all the same for me
May 3, 5:57 AM
Aug 2022
I mean it’s a romance made by a studio which I swear has made like 1 other anime, so I didn’t have high expectations for the animation.

But I really don’t care I’m watching for the story not the visuals
May 3, 5:58 AM
Aug 2022
Animeunderrated said:
I don’t think understand how people’s opinions of a show can be effected by animation (unless it’s really really bad or really good) I feel like the middle 50% of animation quality is all the same for me

This is what I think too, unless the animation is genuinely atrocious I find it wild how it affects someone’s opinion on a show.
May 3, 6:03 AM
Jul 2021
Phantom_373 said:
Animeunderrated said:

This is what I think too, unless the animation is genuinely atrocious I find it wild how it affects someone’s opinion on a show.

For me as long as I am unaware of the bad animation and as long as it isn’t atrocious I don’t mind. The problems start when I notice certain kinds of animation shortcuts or if I start to see a lot of those/a lot of bad animation in general. Since I watch anime YouTubers who have talked about animation shortcuts, I am a little more aware of them now. And being aware of them has made me drop at least one series before. But that was mainly because I was loving the light novel and I felt like the animation just took so many shortcuts that it felt lesser.
With this anime though, I haven’t noticed much yet. Been a long while since I read the manga and I am mostly just enjoying the story so yeah.
May 3, 6:13 AM
Aug 2022
justhuman22 said:
Phantom_373 said:

For me as long as I am unaware of the bad animation and as long as it isn’t atrocious I don’t mind. The problems start when I notice certain kinds of animation shortcuts or if I start to see a lot of those/a lot of bad animation in general. Since I watch anime YouTubers who have talked about animation shortcuts, I am a little more aware of them now. And being aware of them has made me drop at least one series before. But that was mainly because I was loving the light novel and I felt like the animation just took so many shortcuts that it felt lesser.
With this anime though, I haven’t noticed much yet. Been a long while since I read the manga and I am mostly just enjoying the story so yeah.

I mean even before I found out what studio was doing whisper I new the animation wouldn’t live up to Takeshima’s art, her art is so amazing it’s one reason I adore whisper so much.

But the anime’s art style is very good and has a charm of its own and the animation imo is good. Yeah it’s nothing crazy but I don’t think in any way that it’s bad
May 3, 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
Nah. It's completely fine, better to use resources for the moments that really count.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 3, 6:58 AM
Jul 2023
i do think that it isnt top notch but what did you expect? the manga isnt popular and its yuri, which is a genre that isnt that popular amongst viewers
May 3, 7:08 AM
Jul 2022
Animeunderrated said:

i agree with this heavily
i watched a fair amount of shows and i dont remember any show where "mid" (or even bad in my case) animation dampered my enjoyment of said show
when something looks great im glad it does but it also doesnt absolutely have to
May 3, 7:18 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I mean the animation itself isn’t incredible by any means, but it isn’t bad either. The art style is nice and the animation is average and serviceable. My only issue was the strange power point transitions last episode, but it really isn’t a big deal imo. To each their own I guess
May 3, 7:36 AM

Jan 2023
It’s a yuri romance, the animation is not the key factor here. Yes the studios involved don’t have a solid track record (Yokohama I’m looking at you here) but that doesn’t mean that the animation for their projects are inherently bad across the board.

What matters here are the two girls and how they grow as individuals and their relationship as a whole develops as they learn about their definition of love.
May 3, 7:50 AM
May 2011
Agreed. Thankfully, the art has remained good, so it's not unwatchable, but I don't think "it's just a romcom, bro" is a valid defense. Not when Dangers in my Heart, My Dress Up Darling, and Horimiya all look so good.
May 3, 9:45 AM
Nov 2021
First 2 episodes were great. 3rd one’s worst than most weekly shows
May 3, 9:59 AM
Aug 2022
Fail_Man_X said:
Agreed. Thankfully, the art has remained good, so it's not unwatchable, but I don't think "it's just a romcom, bro" is a valid defense. Not when Dangers in my Heart, My Dress Up Darling, and Horimiya all look so good.

Well no I disagree, Those shows you listed off are all very popular shows with great animation yes but they are just a small amount in a vast range of romances anime’s.

Additionally it’s not just romance but a GL show which me personally I haven’t seen a GL with a really good animation style that could compare to those shows except maybe Bloom into you.

But regardless I never let animation affect my opinion on something. Unless it completely atrocious.
May 3, 10:28 AM
May 2011
Reply to Phantom_373
Fail_Man_X said:

Well no I disagree, Those shows you listed off are all very popular shows with great animation yes but they are just a small amount in a vast range of romances anime’s.

Additionally it’s not just romance but a GL show which me personally I haven’t seen a GL with a really good animation style that could compare to those shows except maybe Bloom into you.

But regardless I never let animation affect my opinion on something. Unless it completely atrocious.
@Phantom_373 So it's okay if the show has limited animation because
A) it's not popular
B) it's GL
and 3) you don't mind.

Got it.
May 3, 10:34 AM
Aug 2022
Fail_Man_X said:
A) it's not popular
B) it's GL
and 3) you don't mind.

Got it.

I never said that, I meant that GL typically don’t have high budgets. (Excluding bloom into you) I never said that was okay I just meant that’s how GL are typically handled

I never said anything about popularity either.

And I don’t mind, YES because i genuinely don’t care, the art style is great and the animation itself is fine. I will never understand how people let animation affect their opinions on a show I find it ridiculous.

You can have opinions on animation for shows but I find it silly really that people judge show of animation without considering other aspects.
May 3, 10:52 AM
May 2023
Same thread created not even a week ago, opinion invalid
May 3, 11:28 AM
May 2011
Reply to Phantom_373
Fail_Man_X said:
A) it's not popular
B) it's GL
and 3) you don't mind.

Got it.

I never said that, I meant that GL typically don’t have high budgets. (Excluding bloom into you) I never said that was okay I just meant that’s how GL are typically handled

I never said anything about popularity either.

And I don’t mind, YES because i genuinely don’t care, the art style is great and the animation itself is fine. I will never understand how people let animation affect their opinions on a show I find it ridiculous.

You can have opinions on animation for shows but I find it silly really that people judge show of animation without considering other aspects.
@Phantom_373 Animation is what makes anime "anime". Or course it is going to affect people's enjoyment, and they are going to be critical of it. Compared to other recent GL, I'd say this moves about as well as I'm in Love With the Villainess, which puts it well below MagiRevo, Yuri is My Job, and Adachi and Shimamura. Honestly, it's almost like listening to a full cast reading of the manga with colored panels. Who knows? maybe they blew their budget on the opening band performance in episode 1. I thought that actually looked good.

Phantom_373 said:

To be clear, this is not what I'm doing. It's just that this topic is just about the animation. I do really like the show.
May 3, 11:33 AM
Aug 2022
Fail_Man_X said:
@Phantom_373 Animation is what makes anime "anime". Or course it is going to affect people's enjoyment, and they are going to be critical of it. Compared to other recent GL, I'd say this moves about as well as I'm in Love With the Villainess, which puts it well below MagiRevo, Yuri is My Job, and Adachi and Shimamura. Honestly, it's almost like listening to a full cast reading of the manga with colored panels. Who knows? maybe they blew their budget on the opening band performance in episode 1. I thought that actually looked good.

Phantom_373 said:

To be clear, this is not what I'm doing. It's just that this topic is just about the animation. I do really like the show.

Oh I see, ngl I completely forgot MagiRevo existed in the GL genre, but you reminded me of how incredible that show was. I kinda forgot it was even a GL as that wasn’t really the main focus. (until a bit later)

But that show has some absolutely gorgeous animation, now thinking about it probably has the best animation in the GL genre. That fight scene at the end between Euphie and Anisphia was beautiful.

I’m in love with the villainess also had pretty good animation
May 3, 11:53 AM
May 2011
Reply to Phantom_373
Fail_Man_X said:

Phantom_373 said:

Oh I see, ngl I completely forgot MagiRevo existed in the GL genre, but you reminded me of how incredible that show was. I kinda forgot it was even a GL as that wasn’t really the main focus. (until a bit later)

But that show has some absolutely gorgeous animation, now thinking about it probably has the best animation in the GL genre. That fight scene at the end between Euphie and Anisphia was beautiful.

I’m in love with the villainess also had pretty good animation
@Phantom_373 I agree about MagiRevo, and depending on whether or not you count Gundam: Witch from Mercury as GL, I also think it is the best looking GL show.

I also think that I'm in Love with the Villainess looks good most of the time, but the magic was really lackluster. Students standing stock still, wands pointed in the air, while small globs of different colors slowly shoot out in regular intervals. Even Rod's signature attack is just fiery toy soldiers sliding across the screen while the camera zooms in and out.
May 3, 2:58 PM
Nov 2023
MAL users are never all happy. Every new day brings more threads complaining about poor animation. But also every week or so someone sees fit to attack Makoto Shinkai for only making good animation but poor stories.
It’s so easy to sit on the couch somewhere in the west and criticise people from another culture for not spending enough unpaid overtime hours making crisp smooth animation for a weekly 1-cour anime with next to no chance of a second season. There’s over 50 current shows airing, they can’t all have the budget they deserve, just enjoy the story or watch something else.
May 3, 6:40 PM
Aug 2022
Eleben said:
I mean it’s fine. What did you expect?

like i said i don't really expect much from the anime adaptation, and yes it's fine with the animation sometimes it can be stiff, sometimes it can also be good.. i prefer the manga, and i like the anime too
May 3, 7:45 PM

Aug 2019
we get yuri so rarely i do not really care. last ep quality was worse than previously but for example the first two were beautiful
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 11:09 PM
Apr 2022
it's fine but the transitions aren't the best ig
May 4, 7:34 AM
Apr 2014
Personally I think it has been done quite well so far. High quality character art more than makes up for it, and the effects/filters/transitions are refreshing if anything. I'll definitely take good art and fun creative methods to conceal average animation any day of the week over the alternative that a couple too many studios go with, which is butchering character art to make them move easier.
May 12, 12:10 PM
Jun 2020
What else to expect from this kind of animes!
May 13, 7:02 PM

May 2015
Yeah. The animation is stiff, the art is bland and the school setting is done to death. When it comes to Yuri... we don't have really many options, unfortunately.
May 14, 10:35 AM
Feb 2023
Slideshow animation still haunting

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 11

48 by lazypanda666 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

70 by yozora82 »»
May 14, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

88 by JJ200686 »»
May 9, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

66 by qtsruna_chan »»
May 9, 1:28 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

14 by Jcmixer27 »»
May 7, 1:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.