Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 29, 8:44 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Seems like the prudes don't but what about y'all?

๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 29, 8:55 PM
Jul 2021
Kindly shut up please
Apr 29, 8:56 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to Animeunderrated
Kindly shut up please
@Animeunderrated

No thank you, my kind sir.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Apr 29, 9:05 PM
Oct 2019
1. I don't find problematic it's people who make it to be. It's not the first reincarnation series but somehow it's the first you people decide to add age of death and age of reincarnation to the actions of the main character. Would love to see them do that for all the isekai who used that to show some consistency. Only argument I see in favor of that it's the fact they we heard the soul of Rudeus who is like is old self and even that I say it's debatable as if it's problematic.

2. A lot of that stuff said problematic come from the fact that it's popular and thus having a wider audience because those said things problematic it's not the first time they are portrayed in the medium but why they weren't vocal in those instances I see it simply as jumping on the bandwagon.

3. Lastly it would be nice if when people consume a product from a different country and a different culture were at least able to distinguish that it's not what it's in their and learn to differentiate it but that most likely me dreaming because I don't see it happening in the current climate created by the echo chamber.
Apr 29, 9:08 PM
Jul 2021
Otakupervert890 said:
1. I don't find problematic it's people who make it to be. It's not the first reincarnation series but somehow it's the first you people decide to add age of death and age of reincarnation to the actions of the main character. Would love to see them do that for all the isekai who used that to show some consistency. Only argument I see in favor of that it's the fact they we heard the soul of Rudeus who is like is old self and even that I say it's debatable as if it's problematic.

2. A lot of that stuff said problematic come from the fact that it's popular and thus having a wider audience because those said things problematic it's not the first time they are portrayed in the medium but why they weren't vocal in those instances I see it simply as jumping on the bandwagon.

3. Lastly it would be nice if when people consume a product from a different country and a different culture were at least able to distinguish that it's not what it's in their and learn to differentiate it but that most likely me dreaming because I don't see it happening in the current climate created by the echo chamber.

Specific Examples please to support your claim
Apr 29, 9:15 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Animeunderrated
Otakupervert890 said:

Specific Examples please to support your claim
@Animeunderrated don't need anything just browse the forum under mushuku Tensei and you see yourself as for other reincarnation series it's exactly the opposite forum are dead that illustrates it. Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou illustrate it it's 25 years reincarnated in a 6 years old and nobody batted an eye because it's not popular. Also it's not a claim it's an opinion it's how I see the fandom of mushuku Tensei after interaction with them on various places. I never said that my 3 points have ground or validity it's only my own perception of the whole thing.
Apr 29, 9:16 PM
Dec 2022
what is bro even on about? pfft.
Apr 29, 9:25 PM

Dec 2019
If you think getting uncomfortable with kinda creepy and cringe antics of MC
I can be considered prude myself. That's coming from someone who don't have much problem with ecchi, Harem
Apr 29, 9:28 PM

Apr 2015
Not seeing anything problematic, but if people find it offensive they're always free to gtfo.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 29, 9:37 PM
Dec 2022
the only problem I see is with BGM. It feels kinda lacking in the current series than in the previous ones. The feel of the scene and moment seems to lack
Apr 29, 9:38 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
it's not like i "like" i just dont rlly care its fiction.

tho the age gap scenes are FUCKED i cant stand when an anime tends to the pedo audience...
Apr 29, 9:49 PM
Dec 2019
Otakupervert890 said:

Well said (character limit)
Apr 29, 9:54 PM
Aug 2021
I like that they are included as thematic keys to the story because it makes the path towards the growth of a POS MC more interesting. People are generally scum inside and I find that the fellas that like to complain about these things in fiction are either severely damaged or total hypocrites themselves because it takes a decent degree of self-projection and a great lack of media literacy to be able to insert their own values from a simple spectator's seat, in which case they should stay away from any story that delves into gray morality (or anything that has a villain in it for that matter).

Virtue-signaling is such a vitriolic waste of time in modern media discourse. It literally adds nothing of value.

What many audiences fail to realize is that you do not HAVE to like the characters as if they were real people you would have to interact with, nor do you have to agree with their actions for them to be acceptably written to you. Characters aren't people, they are just plot devices. All they really have to be is consistent and serve as metaphorical conduits for the point that the author intends to make about them. And, oftentimes, failing to observe them from that perspective reveals more about your ability (or lack thereof) to emphatize with experiences foreign/unknown to you than the characters themselves.

After all, stories are a safe place from which we can explore difficult situations, flawed personality traits, and irreversible mistakes being made by stand-in imaginary characters. Nothing more. Even tragedies and sad endings serve this very purpose the same way.

AKA, you don't have to agree, you don't have to self-insert, you don't have to identify yourself with the characters, nor do you have to like and think about them as parasocial "friends"; that's what children do.

You just have to sympathize. Observe. Analyze. Allow yourself to be moved if you must. Understand the piece for what it is. And then move on.

The fact that this even has to be said so often about goddamned drawings is what's truly "problematic" in my opinion. Critical thinking in the separation of real-life and fiction is a lost skill.
AnimaticideApr 29, 9:58 PM
Apr 29, 11:32 PM
Sep 2021
the term problematic means nothing and the people who use the term aren't even consistent with it
Apr 29, 11:38 PM
Apr 2021
Yes, I like it, it’s how it should be ๐Ÿ‘
Apr 30, 1:14 AM
Jul 2023
im not very good in English so can anyone explain why everyone is mad at this post?
Apr 30, 1:46 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to Animaticide
I like that they are included as thematic keys to the story because it makes the path towards the growth of a POS MC more interesting. People are generally scum inside and I find that the fellas that like to complain about these things in fiction are either severely damaged or total hypocrites themselves because it takes a decent degree of self-projection and a great lack of media literacy to be able to insert their own values from a simple spectator's seat, in which case they should stay away from any story that delves into gray morality (or anything that has a villain in it for that matter).

Virtue-signaling is such a vitriolic waste of time in modern media discourse. It literally adds nothing of value.

What many audiences fail to realize is that you do not HAVE to like the characters as if they were real people you would have to interact with, nor do you have to agree with their actions for them to be acceptably written to you. Characters aren't people, they are just plot devices. All they really have to be is consistent and serve as metaphorical conduits for the point that the author intends to make about them. And, oftentimes, failing to observe them from that perspective reveals more about your ability (or lack thereof) to emphatize with experiences foreign/unknown to you than the characters themselves.

After all, stories are a safe place from which we can explore difficult situations, flawed personality traits, and irreversible mistakes being made by stand-in imaginary characters. Nothing more. Even tragedies and sad endings serve this very purpose the same way.

AKA, you don't have to agree, you don't have to self-insert, you don't have to identify yourself with the characters, nor do you have to like and think about them as parasocial "friends"; that's what children do.

You just have to sympathize. Observe. Analyze. Allow yourself to be moved if you must. Understand the piece for what it is. And then move on.

The fact that this even has to be said so often about goddamned drawings is what's truly "problematic" in my opinion. Critical thinking in the separation of real-life and fiction is a lost skill.
@Animaticide The criticism is less about the problematic elements of the story on themselves, and moreso about how they are handled by the overarching character progression.

His biggest, most fatal flaws are never addressed as such, and are promptly used as comic relief, and basically rewarded as the narrative goes on.
Canonical pedophile main character dies after being kicked out while watching (homemade by himself in the WN) CP during his parents' funeral? What if he then gets send to another world (still stating himself to be a grown/old man in several instances even while lusting for kids), choose to make that a second chance to be better, and then proceed to creep on, groom and sexually assault little girls from 7 to 12 years of age, and one of those "barely entering his strike zone" when they were 12 (and had sex with her not long after, when she was 15, because all that "quotidian sexual harassment" grooming made her decide to thank him with her virginity, because of course).

If you are not aware on how this will go, there will be no consequences nor even anything addressing this entire thing:

It's funny how OP goes to imply it's people being "puritan", when the criticism is more about how hypocritical, tone deaf and thematically flawed with the very premise this is (and it's a central element within the entire plot from start to end that just goes by as if it was your usual otaku harem wish fullfilment plot).

I don't care if the protagonist is a pedophile or a terrible human being, I can live with that. In fact, I'd say I WELCOME problematic protagonists, those can be super interesting.

But when you are going for the push of sympathizing with the character, it's impossible to ignore these things like the author did, that's where one draws a line, it's just incredibly dishonest with the premise.

He basically rewards his flaws in a redemption story in every turn when it comes to the harem elements, and that has been a criticism that got so heated even amongst the hardcore japanese fans that when he repeated the worst case and made a parallel in an extra short story with a similar development with a certain member of Rudeus family (directly paralelling his own sexual crimes with his niece in the beginning of the WN), even them loudly voiced complains to the point that the author deleted said sequel extra chapter and apologized.

Yeah, I'd say it's a problem with the author being very inconsistent with how he develops Rudeus and selectively chooses to minimize his most negative perverted traits even within narrative for the sake of the harem reward element (read his diary even as late as in volume 26, he still does so quite directly even at the very end of the story).

You can reach that very conclusion by actually "observing, analyzing, understanding the piece for what it is", in your own words.
DanpmssApr 30, 2:00 AM
Apr 30, 2:21 AM

Feb 2019
Yes that’s a big part of why it’s so popular anyway and yes, I love all the “problematic” shit it’s hot
Apr 30, 2:32 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to SweatyFingers
im not very good in English so can anyone explain why everyone is mad at this post?
@SweatyFingers because of prudes trying to gatekeep anime, unfortunately.
Apr 30, 2:33 AM
Jul 2023
GoatPieceLuffy said:

i still dont get it ๐Ÿ’€
Apr 30, 2:35 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to SweatyFingers
GoatPieceLuffy said:

i still dont get it ๐Ÿ’€
@SweatyFingers

Me neither.

Like, if they don't like pervy humor, maybe they shouldn't watch the show?
Apr 30, 2:42 AM

Nov 2019
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@SweatyFingers

Me neither.

Like, if they don't like pervy humor, maybe they shouldn't watch the show?

Chotto Matta kudasai. There was humour?
SgtBateManApr 30, 8:23 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 30, 4:18 AM
Jan 2024
Not every character have to perfect, Rudy is one of the most imperfect people out there but still he tries to do best for his "own" people that's why he is perfectly written as character
Apr 30, 12:47 PM
Nov 2022
problematic? more like based
Apr 30, 5:52 PM
Jan 2022
yeah. it's actually part of his character, and contributes to driving his growth as a character, and moving the plot. we happen to have a pervy MC, and it's actually refreshing for that to be embraced and used in the story. far more interesting than typical libidoless MCs in harem shows with a pervy "cameraman" that create fanservice that does absolutely nothing for the story (which, to be clear, I'll still watch and it doesn't offend me, but it is not actively interesting as in the way this show handles sexuality)

More topics from this board

» Why do people attack Rudeus?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

46 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12

194 by premvk »»
10 hours ago

» Why do people defend Rudeus? ( 1 2 3 )

Leon888 - May 16

136 by VivavideoUser2x »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

felixsifuri - Apr 7

250 by Sakuna- »»
11 hours ago

» ep 7/19 where?

Kitsune_089 - Yesterday

22 by hanbagateriyaki »»
Today, 6:31 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.