Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 29, 2:09 PM
Nov 2022
The answer is yes, obviously. But hear me out. Her fur is red and those ears are small and fluffy, she just screams out fox to me. Am I the only one who thinks this way?
Apr 29, 2:19 PM
May 2023
She actually does strike me more as a fox
Apr 29, 2:23 PM
Nov 2022
TheSFHero said:
The answer is yes, obviously. But hear me out. Her fur is red and those ears are small and fluffy, she just screams out fox to me. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Pretty sure she is what is called a Maned Wolf. Check here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maned_wolf
Apr 29, 2:25 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Kaze1214
TheSFHero said:

Pretty sure she is what is called a Maned Wolf. Check here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maned_wolf
@Kaze1214
huh...those wolves have big ears tho, and Holo doesn't
Apr 29, 2:58 PM
Aug 2022
Yeah I can get that. She does give fox vibes. But foxes tend to be more hyper and super energetic always running around and making noise.

Holo isn’t really like that imo.
Apr 29, 3:08 PM

Sep 2009
She is based on now extinct Japanese Red Wolf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_wolf

It indeed looked more like a fox.
Apr 29, 3:11 PM
Feb 2020
TheSFHero said:
@Kaze1214
huh...those wolves have big ears tho, and Holo doesn't

The ears were a design choice for the new anime, to give her a wider range of emotion with the ears
Apr 29, 3:29 PM

Sep 2016
Hm, I can indeed see a fox in her.

I guess the show wouldn't be much different, if it was titled "Kitsune to Koushinryou" (Spice and Fox), at least I wouldn't mind.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 29, 5:02 PM
Feb 2024
Holo is Holo, simple as.
Apr 29, 5:53 PM
Jul 2020
The only actual mistake is her true form not also being brown

But, anyway, there are brown wolves
Apr 29, 5:57 PM
Jul 2020
Isekai-Enjoyer said:
The only actual mistake is her true form not also being brown

But, anyway, there are brown wolves

Quoting myself, she isn’t a brown wolf

She’s a red Wolf, which is an extinct breed

Anyways, just look at her true form if you want to see more or less why her fur is like that
Apr 29, 10:30 PM
Dec 2019
I think her ears and tail and the firm she takes make her look like a attack helicopter actually 😂
Apr 30, 7:46 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
Hm, I can indeed see a fox in her.

I guess the show wouldn't be much different, if it was titled "Kitsune to Koushinryou" (Spice and Fox), at least I wouldn't mind.
@Zarutaku The show would actually be quite different, because wolves being dangerous to humans is an important aspect of the story.
May 2, 1:10 AM

Feb 2010
not all wolves are eurpean grey wolves.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 2, 1:52 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to GrimAtrament
not all wolves are eurpean grey wolves.
@GrimAtrament that's true, but that's not the only thing about her that seems foxy. Her tail, for one, just seems way too fluffy to be a wolf tail. She is also mischievous, an attribute which is usually given to foxes. Her ears are also small and really fluffy, it just doesn't resonate wolf to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

54 by olokinprime »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1

327 by Strider34 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

114 by Pustul »»
Yesterday, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Apr 29

93 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

» How does this compare to the original?

anizawa89 - May 10

29 by access_flash »»
Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.