Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2010 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It sucks that Jin and Touya had to lose. Raizen's groupies are pretty strong blokes (As Chu would put it). Let's see: with the defeats of Chu, Sazuka, Shi Shi, Jin and Touya, that just leaves Rinku. That damn little bugger. Kuwabara should show up and woop his ass.

RtheO
Jul 11, 2010 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
Simply_Waiting said:
It sucks that Jin and Touya had to lose. Raizen's groupies are pretty strong blokes (As Chu would put it). Let's see: with the defeats of Chu, Sazuka, Shi Shi, Jin and Touya, that just leaves Rinku. That damn little bugger. Kuwabara should show up and woop his ass.

Actually, I think Rinku was defeated off-screen. Pretty pathetic, if you ask me.
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Jul 11, 2010 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
Threepwood said:
Simply_Waiting said:

Actually, I think Rinku was defeated off-screen. Pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

ya, I guess that is even worse, unless it was to the monkey girl, which is fine, since he was distracted by his beating heart

RtheO
Oct 6, 2010 10:46 PM

Mar 2010
Its Dragging with all these small fights that dont really matter

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 6, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
Loved the beginning of the arc with all those backstory to Kurama Hiei and Yusuke and the 3 kings, but not really liking the beginning of the tournament. Next episode should be good (Kurama Youko finnaly)
Dec 29, 2012 10:05 PM

Jan 2012
poor jin I remember feeling bad for him back in the day when I watched this the first time too,he was one of my favorite characters
Jul 23, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2012
This seems like a friendly match. Not exciting at all.
Apr 27, 2015 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
This tournament has quickly become as stale as the previous one, but at least it will not drag on for as long.
For me, fights were never the strong suit of this show, though perhaps the next duel involving Kurama will be a pleasant surprise.

I wonder how long it has been since Yusuke left Keiko for his journey to the Demon World, as those three years he once promised could pass by in a flash.
Jan 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
Lmao, now it feels like including those old side characters was pointless if their fate was just for random powerhouses literally from no where to swiftly beat them.

However, I can already see the reoccurring theme here that victory isn't everything.
May 4, 2017 6:20 AM

Dec 2013
Too bad the old characters never stood much of a chance.
Jun 23, 2017 6:52 PM

Sep 2015
Dam these fights between the ppl Yusuke and his friends encountered in the Dark Tournament and Raizen's old friends are so touching. All of those pals of Raizen are such cool bros.
Aug 15, 2017 12:46 PM

Jun 2016
For as much as I've criticized this arc, this is a pretty feel good way to end off such a long show. Fun matches breeding camaraderie everywhere, with happy music playing over them. Everyone trying their best and getting something great out of it. It's cheesy, but I get it, the atmosphere this series is ending on is really nice.
Jun 3, 2019 1:26 PM
Apr 2016
The fights are going smoothly so far. It's really adorable to see the victors acting so nice after the fight, polar opposite of what used to happen in the dark tournament. Yuusuke's words really did get to the fighters.
Dec 16, 2019 11:00 PM

Jul 2017
The character development in this episode was pretty nice, showing some new sides to Yusuke's old allies from the Dark Tournament. The dub had a pretty weird error in its script that was amusing - they kept calling Raizen Yusuke's descendent! Pretty weird. Anyway, next episode looks good.
Jan 15, 2020 6:27 PM
Dec 2019
I for one love seeing the difference between the fights in the last tournament and this one, the main reason being how Yusuke has inspired sportsmanship among everyone. I understand how people don't dig that sort of thing for lack of conflict, but it is nice to see, personally at least.
Apr 9, 2020 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah ironically the tournament in demon realm have more brotherhood compare to the human realm (dark tournament). I havent yet to see a really fatal injury that can cause death in any fights.
Slightly boring episode. Tbh
Even Togashi wanted this to end in a rush pace i dont think another tournament arc was the best idea. Now all the hype, dark atmosphere and the tension of the characters have gone.
Too much characters we dont even care about. Heck i dont even care about the old side characters.
May 5, 2020 10:07 AM

Mar 2020
Nigga who gives a flying fuck about bum ass Toya and Jin?! Just give us the Yusuke/Hiei/Kurama/Yomi/Mukuro fights already ffs
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 14, 2020 1:03 AM

Apr 2017
"Hey, you know that wind guy?"
"Yeah, you want some backstory for him?"
"No, not him! For the random guy he fights for part of an episode in a tournament arc! Understanding the motivation of that random guy is CRUCIAL!"
Feb 9, 2021 6:14 AM

Dec 2007
honestly those fights are even worser than the dark tournament's arc battles, next episode though going to be interesting.

and yeah everyone wants to fight yusuke, really surprising considering he's the main character...
Sep 1, 2021 9:12 PM

Aug 2018
lmfao at Koenma and Botan lying to Rinku

Apr 3, 2022 7:01 PM
Feb 2022
Hicieron un buen esfuerzo todos. Llegaron mas lejos de lo que uno pensaría.
Jan 11, 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
so ofc all those characters were brought back just to pad out some fodder matches.

that guy's tail reminded me of Mewtwo at one point

hopefully the last bunch of eps satisfy, but quickly losing confidence in this arc
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 23, 4:38 PM

Oct 2023
Unfortunately, this tournament does not seem to be holding up when compared to the last.

There's a lot to be said about the positives of this quick pacing, but it lends no benefits to what character development is present whatsoever. I had really hoped that these prior enemies turned pseudo-allies would've had more of a purpose in the greater plot. There are very few episodes left, and I worry that this same sort of "too fast for its own good" effect will only become stronger as things go on. Unless a hard pivot towards developing the newer characters of this arc occurs soon, I actually guarantee this will be the case.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 98 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

28 by Xeehad »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

17 by Xeehad »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 34 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

23 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 91 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 27, 2010

49 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 90 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 26, 2010

27 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.