Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vampire Dormitory
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 16, 10:41 AM
Feb 2020
I watched the preview then thinking this anime with Shoujo tag and Vampire theme might be a better love story than Twilight but oh boy I wasn't expecting it will become an anime where all the dudes blushing at each others (although Mito is a girl but the dudes don't know that). If this is not a BL I don't know what this is anymore
Apr 16, 10:57 AM
May 2023
This isn’t a BL though??? 😭
Apr 16, 11:10 AM
Oct 2017
There is a cast full of men, it's pretty obvious... I think I made a thread about this being a BL a month ago or so before the airing, just by looking the cover art was obvious
Apr 16, 11:57 AM
Mar 2021
Idk man, i hope this is a bl, that would make it much better
Apr 16, 2:45 PM
Nov 2020
SenshadouOtaku said:

It’s a shoujo but I thought it was BL too lol
Apr 18, 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
Then I guess you dunno what a BL is anymore. Jokes aside,

Genres: Romance, Supernatural
Themes: Crossdressing, Vampire
Demographic: Shoujo

Its not at all uncommon for Shoujo to have pretty boys including at times that can skirt boarding on BL. I haven't seen Vampire Dormitory and may not (I'm still debating) but the premise is one thats been done in lots of other anime. (Boy or girl having to cross dress and pretend to be the opposite gender than they are), in fact one of the most famous examples of this is https://myanimelist.net/anime/853/Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club which if you compare its stats to VD, you can see some common stats.

Genres: Comedy, Romance
Themes: Crossdressing, Reverse Harem, School
Demographic: Shoujo

I'm unsure how similar, if at all the two are but the core principal of cross dressing and pretending to be a boy is there. Mind you, lots of Shoujo don't have this in their story. And going simply off of the lack of BL tag not being there for VD OR even OHSHC , I'm going to assume neither are BL anime, but, that doesn't mean it can't fill some BL meters. even if they aren't actually BL anime.
Apr 18, 1:19 PM
Jul 2022
i feel like i got tricked into watching a straight love story when i was hoping for BL
Apr 19, 2:56 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to Lightsrevenge
SenshadouOtaku said:

It’s a shoujo but I thought it was BL too lol
@Lightsrevenge The BL genre is shoujo. It appeals to girls/young women and the very occasional sissy.
Apr 19, 3:00 AM
Nov 2020
Lukex5 said:
@Lightsrevenge The BL genre is shoujo. It appeals to girls/young women and the very occasional sissy.

Ah that makes sense! Thanks 😊
Apr 19, 3:09 AM

Jan 2013
This was all clearly laid out in the synopsis, you played yourself.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 19, 3:11 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
@SenshadouOtaku It's BL with extra steps.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 19, 4:14 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to victoryoverme
i feel like i got tricked into watching a straight love story when i was hoping for BL
@victoryoverme Real.

Would've been better as a BL.
Apr 19, 7:11 PM

Aug 2021
It's an anime for a female audience so it makes sense.

Apr 20, 11:17 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to victoryoverme
@victoryoverme To be fair, the tags are wrong (not saying only on MAL), dunno if on purpose. This is a full on a per genre definition reverse harem. She literally willingly is creating her own harem in this series.
The gender swapping and crossdressing can make you think that it is indeed BL :P
Apr 21, 10:58 AM

Oct 2013
Na I read the synopsis so I knew what I was getting there, nothing too wrong, I watched stuff like Ouran Host Club, Princess Princess, Otoboku, Maria Holic etc. back in the days I know the crossdressings drills both ways.

Buuuut that's how I felt with I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince but so much worse lol I was thinking about trying the manga because manga cover and synopsis had nothing too suspicious...

And then you see the anime...
There's like NO WAY that kid is a dude with those hips, voice and everything gtfo, what is... ALL THIS FETISH FUEL IN THIS ANIME ?! is this for shotacon or lolicon ? both sucks anyway LOL

I thought it would just be a nice story with a kid without all the ecchi / harem like Fluffy Paradise or The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash last season... BUT I WAS WRONG OMG THAT IS BEING TRICKED FOR REAL
TitadouApr 21, 11:01 AM
Apr 21, 9:55 PM

May 2017
victoryoverme said:

this is so real lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28

16 by Kikirkkr »»
Yesterday, 9:49 AM

» What's your opinion so far on Vampire Dormitory?

Vermerin - Apr 24

17 by RazerAnime »»
Apr 29, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21

19 by Phantom_373 »»
Apr 28, 9:27 AM

» Is it a big spoiler why she's crossdressing to begin with?

LostSpectre - Apr 9

11 by Katallina »»
Apr 28, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

59 by Aurakin »»
Apr 27, 6:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.