Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 7:42 AM

Nov 2019
Do you have a strange habit of downloading anime, manga, VN, LN, roms, and games and spending a bunch of hours organizing them to build your digital collection instead of using them? Or are you the type of person who will say, "Fuck it, I don't want to deal with this shit," despite knowing that some companies may delete their content and those files may suddenly disappear from the internet?
Apr 9, 7:50 AM

Jun 2016
I'm pretty sure that's a very common thing.
It's like that meme of spending more time modding a game than actually playing;
Watching/Reading/Playing something does require some effort from your part, especially if you want to get the full experience; but downloading and organising don't usually take that much effort, and the end result can be seen as satisfying, or maybe the prospect of one day making use of it is exciting to you... It's a bit like free dopamine

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Apr 9, 8:10 AM

Mar 2008
Not really. I dont have the digital space for that. But i do sometimes aquire something then forget about it
Apr 9, 8:12 AM

Sep 2016
Did it a lot in the past, but nowadays not so much anymore.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 9, 8:17 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm, not really. I mainly save those anime that I have rated a 8-10/10. I mean, the ones with a high re-watch value.
Apr 9, 8:27 AM
Oct 2019
My only weird habit I can think of it's organizing my crunchlist by order of priority from S to E with rewatch, favorite and 3 Cours+ on Crunchyroll and Hidive to ease what I decide to prioritize first.
Apr 9, 8:42 AM

Mar 2024
Can't say the same about downloading and organizing an Anime collection since I'm 99.9% not as interested in any Anime-related media as I was some years ago.

But when it comes to games, yes, I think it is very viable for everyone to organize and keep an offline cracked version on different backups (for personal use) of their favorite games at this time and age of horrendously controlled DRMed environment and overly internet-dependency content.
Apr 9, 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
Doesn't matter. Because nothing on the Internet is worth collecting. It will all be permanently erased when collapse of industrial civilization and near term human extinction happens ;p
Apr 11, 5:54 AM

Aug 2020
no, i'm doing it only with titles that are special to me; there are few of them.
so i can't say there is much of organization
Apr 11, 1:10 PM

Sep 2013
I do it all the time. I'm a very slow animewatcher/mangareader, so I have to stop myself from downloading anything before I actually use what I have.
Apr 29, 10:01 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I like finding things, especially if it's something not in the database, so I've done quite a bit of that, even if it's not something I end up watching.
Apr 29, 10:12 PM

Jun 2010
I don't really download stuff like anime when I don't intend to watch. If I download them, that means I will watch it.

I also don't think that downloading anime or manga, or some other digital entertainment is a weird habit. You can think of it as a collection and it's a hobby to some people.
Apr 30, 7:26 AM

Nov 2019
It feels like a chore to do it for free much less the space it takes up overtime I can imagine would be a drag. However, the occasional download for things like editing or super cuts are welcomed in my agenda.

More topics from this board

» What does your username mean?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

40 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
1 minute ago

» How much IQ points do you lose when you interact with people in real life?

LenRea - Yesterday

15 by LenRea »»
3 minutes ago

» is being self-independent the only goal a person should focus on?

FruitPunchBaka - 2 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
41 minutes ago

» Why do Americans work

vasipi4946 - May 6

49 by Rye_the_Guy »»
2 hours ago

» Most painful experience in your life

ST63LTH - May 19

26 by Simple_Y »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.