Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 8:03 PM

Jun 2016
I'm two episodes in, and it seems to me like her village is kinda obsessed with her. It seems weird to me. I don't remember it ever getting explained back when I read some of the manga too.

What's going on here? I'm guessing it's religious fanaticism with stars being treated as love from the gods ... but even for that it seems they're taking things too far. Not to mention the wanted posters don't mention the fact she has no stars.

Another related question is that the bounty is 500 dal, and one day she was shown to have made 250 million dal from field mice so it seems the adventurers too are putting in a lot of work (and moral flexibility) into a job with not much pay.
Apr 2, 8:06 PM
Oct 2019
It's based on a LN so I recommend reading the LN if you want more information. Now since it's seem it's unlicensed you will have more chances to finding them in Japanese. LN adaptation in most cases lack detail explanation due to the nature of the adaptation.
Apr 2, 8:08 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Otakupervert890
It's based on a LN so I recommend reading the LN if you want more information. Now since it's seem it's unlicensed you will have more chances to finding them in Japanese. LN adaptation in most cases lack detail explanation due to the nature of the adaptation.
@Otakupervert890 I know light novel adaptations often leave a lot out, that's why I'm asking.
Apr 2, 8:34 PM
Jun 2023
Tenderizer79 said:
I'm two episodes in, and it seems to me like her village is kinda obsessed with her. It seems weird to me. I don't remember it ever getting explained back when I read some of the manga too.

What's going on here? I'm guessing it's religious fanaticism with stars being treated as love from the gods ... but even for that it seems they're taking things too far. Not to mention the wanted posters don't mention the fact she has no stars.

Another related question is that the bounty is 500 dal, and one day she was shown to have made 250 million dal from field mice so it seems the adventurers too are putting in a lot of work (and moral flexibility) into a job with not much pay.

I have not read the light novel, but the answer is spread out across different moments in the anime in my opinion. You can just continue watching and you will get your answer i think. Still, I summarized my answer below in case you want to know.

I am curious what you think.
Apr 2, 9:01 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to WiseMango47
Tenderizer79 said:

I have not read the light novel, but the answer is spread out across different moments in the anime in my opinion. You can just continue watching and you will get your answer i think. Still, I summarized my answer below in case you want to know.

I am curious what you think.
@WiseMango47 There are three questions. After watching episode 3 I agree with your answer for one of them.

1. Why is the reward so low? Because the village lost their core industry and are broke.
2. Why is the village offering a reward? It must be the village offering the reward, I don't see who else would (except maybe the church). Fascism is my guess, fabricating an enemy so people blame their problems on anyone but those with power, allowing those with power to increase it.
3. Why are the adventurers going so far for such a meager reward? No idea.
Apr 2, 9:29 PM
Jun 2023
For 3., I think the answer is very simple. Perhaps I missed it but I dont think any adventurers were really looking for her. The only thing we got to see was the hanging of posters throughout the other town and Ivy seeing them, hence fleeing to a different town shortly after. However, none of the townsfolk went after her, even after hanging up the posters. Really the only ones looking are the people from her village, from what I saw. The shopkeepers did not take the posters seriously either, most likely because of that reason.

As for 2., I think it is mostly religious reason. I dont have a direct answer to that. If you get rid of the disaster zero star child, how likely is it that the harvest will go well again? If you are religious in that sense, chances are very high they will. Moreover, I think the money definitely helps them short term. Remember that Ivy was astonished at how much money she got after selling animals? I think that goes to show how much money 500 Dal is for the villagers, so if any of those villagers kills her, they will earn a fortune.
Apr 2, 9:56 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to WiseMango47
For 3., I think the answer is very simple. Perhaps I missed it but I dont think any adventurers were really looking for her. The only thing we got to see was the hanging of posters throughout the other town and Ivy seeing them, hence fleeing to a different town shortly after. However, none of the townsfolk went after her, even after hanging up the posters. Really the only ones looking are the people from her village, from what I saw. The shopkeepers did not take the posters seriously either, most likely because of that reason.

As for 2., I think it is mostly religious reason. I dont have a direct answer to that. If you get rid of the disaster zero star child, how likely is it that the harvest will go well again? If you are religious in that sense, chances are very high they will. Moreover, I think the money definitely helps them short term. Remember that Ivy was astonished at how much money she got after selling animals? I think that goes to show how much money 500 Dal is for the villagers, so if any of those villagers kills her, they will earn a fortune.
@WiseMango47 The villagers themselves were riled up by the village chief. Their motivations are clear without the money, and the money doesn't really add anything since it's the villages money that would be used for the bounty. The villagers wouldn't really see the money as a strong motivator.

Ivy was surprised because the shop-keeper said "a hundred million dal", not because the amount was that large. Some bread is twenty dal (and I assume she eats it all same day). 500 dal is enough to feed bread to a small child for almost month.

I don't think the shopkeeps even saw the posters judging by their responses, or at the very least they didn't recognize Ivy.

Most importantly though, question number 2 was about why the village is offering a reward. That was explained by the village chief framing Ivy for the fortune teller's death for fascist reasons. The question wasn't about why the villagers were trudging through the night to murder a child.

I think I understand everything that's going on here. Thanks.
Apr 3, 4:48 AM

Jun 2019
If you're two episodes in and asking this question, the most useful thing in the world to do in this case would just be to watch the very next episode - the third episode.

Edit: Reading further in the thread topic I now see that you eventually proceeded to do just that, but I'll still leave this up for posterity.
Apr 5, 12:48 PM
Nov 2016
Incluso sin el anime es una adaptación, siento que cambiaron y agregaron cosas para hacerlo más interesante.

Tanto el manga como la novela ligera son bastante tranquilos, hasta el momento no tiene muchas escenas de acción como otros animes con Aventureros y monstruos.

Entre las cosas que agregaron y/o cambiaron, puedo decir que en el manga y la novela jamás mencionan el nombre original de Ivy, varias escenas de la introducción son imágenes que pueden en el manga, solo el anime muestra carteles de búsqueda de Ivy, Ivy le da nombre al Adandara mucho después que en el anime y otras cosas, pero eso es lo más relevante.

En lo personal ya sea el anime, el manga o la Novela Ligera, me gusta mucho la historia, el arte y la animación.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23

49 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 8, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

68 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 1, 11:41 AM

» Studio deserves a shut down

TurnipFan - Jul 14

21 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 24, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 23, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

82 by iwubanime »»
Jul 28, 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.