Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
I just noticed, in this season, they broke the 4th wall multiple times, something that I don't remember happening in the previous one, Lemon calling the mob nameless characters and like two episodes ago Rhyo said something about the narrator. Fully embracing the parody genre almost ala Gintama. Anyway, as usual it's very entertaining. Hope it gets a sequel soon.

Apr 15, 5:46 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to animefan8800
And so we end with beach antics, studying for tests, and confronting an angry mob.

You know, if I'm being honest, my first reaction as someone watching this blind when I realized this wasn't gonna be the final season of this was extreme annoyance. In my mind there was no real reason why the story needed to continue past the Innocent Zero battle. Just have Mash beat him and save the world right now, I thought. Who'd care at that point if he wasn't the Divine Visionary? But no, we learn in this episode Innocent Zero has a fresh set of 5 new goons to take down in what will I strongly assume be the final battle next season. Bleh.

That aside this show on the whole remains what I always considered it. A mildly amusing(occasionally more than that) Harry Potter parody done manga/anime-style. I did find it humorous in my mind to compare how this episode handled the angry mob wanting the special outcast child compared to another shonen series I won't mention by name. And it was nice to see Wahlberg's powers even if Dumbledore by plot rules must lose. But yeah, 7/10 and I'll watch the final season. I just wish it had been this one.

Yeah this is pretty much my reaction to the last 3 EPs. It went from being funny, fresh and fast paced to repetitive and too serious. Just to end with an EP which I would translate with "no no, it's peace and joy". I don't need another season of that villain, I don't need another "oh we're so dark and serous" part, which stretches the fights forever.

The other problem is: he already got everything he wanted: he is outed and now accepted as non magician. Show's closed.

Before those I was pretty ok with the show. Even though the never ending torture was really unnecessary, the enemies in the tournament arc were interesting. But now I'm really fed up with it.
ThreeTrapApr 15, 5:49 PM
Apr 16, 10:26 PM
Oct 2019
it was decent. i just enjoyed season 1 more
Apr 18, 12:23 AM
Mar 2016
lol unlike season 1. no sequel announce straight away. Why?
Apr 18, 6:08 AM
Oct 2023
Solid mini beach episode segment, a solid mini segment on the written portion that I was wondering when it would happen, and an even better dive into the world building post Academy attack. Overall, not too bad an ending episode. Can't wait for the next season!
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Jun 2021
After all of the madness seen before, a beach episode as the season finale? Just kidding (well, not totally). And to finish this, a extremely mad episode (a weird version of break the watermelon, the headmaster on the beach too, two familiar faces from season 1 returning after a long time, Mash himself running away from study and exams in a unexpected out of character moment, the angry mob, Lemon actually doing something useful, Dot Barrett pretending to be his agent and making the situation worse)

But once again it was a season not less entertaining than 1, even for someone like me who never had too much interest in the (spoofed) source material. 8/10, will return for more if announced also thanks to italian dub.
Apr 21, 11:32 PM

Dec 2021
We need season 3
Fast
Apr 22, 11:23 PM
Aug 2015
I can't wait! I love how he's been able to make so many friends
Apr 24, 6:47 AM

Dec 2022
This season was at least somewhat better, but they're relatively feel the same. Ik comedy is a hit or miss but I found some being a hit and some a miss and the storyline abt Mash's true father did excite me up. I'll return for the 3rd season whenever that comes out thanks to the improvement on the storyline.

8/10

Apr 24, 5:51 PM

Dec 2022
There was more humour in this episode than the last four or five episodes combined, and it just so happens it's also better than the aforementioned episodes too, which shows you what this series can do when it properly capitalises on its strong suits. Lemon's declaration of faith, and subsequent vow to share Mash's punishment, was also an appreciably endearing gesture. Even the camaraderie with Mash's friends in helping him study there did more for their characters than most of the rest of the season did, and this was in an episode that barely took itself even half as seriously as all the "high-stakes" battles that went on before this.

Unfortunately, a majority of this season was wasted on the most formulaic battle shounen narrative elements you could conceive of, and neither the plot nor the combat had any real intrigue because of the predictability of it. Beyond that, many of the side characters got relegated to nothing more than glorified cheerleader duty, or they were made caricatures of themselves that only had a single defining trait (which were present before, but never overly prominent) to broadcast.

Archean-ReturnApr 30, 3:17 PM

Shaded Horizon

Apr 28, 8:28 PM
Aug 2013
I watched both seasons in a row, it was entertaining, interesting, emotional and fun!
I love each character in this show!! And the chemistry between them!
I really hope it will have another season because this anime deserves it so much.
Lemon-chan´s time to shine!!!And also Dot, of course!!
I´m going to miss Mash,Finn, Dot, Lance, Lemon, Macaron, Abys and Abel.
May 1, 6:19 PM
Dec 2017
incrivle i love this season
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» It's sad how people are Calling Macaron a non binary ( 1 2 )

Sch4n - Apr 29

84 by -DxP- »»
May 1, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

81 by KingBaller06 »»
Apr 27, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

72 by Motebitchie »»
Apr 27, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

147 by BertBert »»
Apr 24, 7:35 PM

» Will Macaron get a male or female seiyuu? And who would you pick? (spoiler)

Haneken2086 - Oct 15, 2023

17 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 24, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.