Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 12:25 PM
Sep 2022
I want to start reading 2nd year LN, please tell me is there something major missing in 1st year adaption or I can start LN.
Mar 27, 12:37 PM

Sep 2015
Start from volume 1 of year 1. It's difficult to recommend starting with the 2nd year LN considering how different the characters are, including Ayanokoji and how much was skipped. For reference, the anime removed iirc 13 or so students from Ayanokojis class.
Mar 27, 12:50 PM
Jan 2021
The Anime is smth completely different and it's nowhere near the quality and writing of the Novel. I would recommend to start from Year 1 Volume 1
Mar 27, 12:56 PM

Jan 2021
Man after watching the 3rd season....Even though the anime was not that bad ( just my opinion though)....
All I've got to admit even if I don't wanna .....
A read from the start works better , I've started reading after S1 was completed and omg details that got skipped in S2 and S3 are insane....
Just an example - The infamous RoofTop Incident got changed to a small room scale fight .... like what?! (Ryueen's fight in a small room if u didn't follow along)
Also last ep was straight out bad bruh like the scenes were totally made plastic didn't get the actual feels of Novel, what do u expect when a 200+pages novel turns into a single 20 min episode
So a small advice if u cant read from beginning.

START FROM VOLUME 11.5 OF YEAR 1 because it's really important in many details
Next the second year starts from YEAR 2 Volume 1 not volume 12 or something ..

Guess this helps!! I'm ok with helping u if u'd like to, to navigate!!
Mar 27, 1:11 PM
Sep 2022
Ryokaishimashita
Mar 27, 1:36 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to Imagine_Breakr
Man after watching the 3rd season....Even though the anime was not that bad ( just my opinion though)....
All I've got to admit even if I don't wanna .....
A read from the start works better , I've started reading after S1 was completed and omg details that got skipped in S2 and S3 are insane....
Just an example - The infamous RoofTop Incident got changed to a small room scale fight .... like what?! (Ryueen's fight in a small room if u didn't follow along)
Also last ep was straight out bad bruh like the scenes were totally made plastic didn't get the actual feels of Novel, what do u expect when a 200+pages novel turns into a single 20 min episode
So a small advice if u cant read from beginning.

START FROM VOLUME 11.5 OF YEAR 1 because it's really important in many details
Next the second year starts from YEAR 2 Volume 1 not volume 12 or something ..

Guess this helps!! I'm ok with helping u if u'd like to, to navigate!!
@Imagine_Breakr Really considered reading the novel after this season 3, from people like us that actually know how much depth novels can have in general, it definetely felt like there were things missing.

I loved the anime so much that I would actually be willing to start from the very beginning.
Mar 27, 2:13 PM
Jan 2024
ca_09_04 said:
I want to start reading 2nd year LN, please tell me is there something major missing in 1st year adaption or I can start LN.

You can start 2nd year directly
Mar 27, 5:25 PM

Aug 2020
Start from the beginning. As previously mentioned, the anime skips lots of things from the LN, such as Katsuragi's sister chapter and Horikita's funny incident. There are many things that make the story more interesting in its original form.

Mar 27, 8:02 PM

Feb 2021
I was lucky enough to read the light novels before watching any episode of the anime.

The better experience that way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.