Forums
New
Should this anime get a remake?
Mar 24, 11:42 PM
Jan 2022
Vote your option at the poll
Mar 25, 12:11 AM
Dec 2021
Shit holds up. Adapt some other popular manga that haven’t been attempted.
Mar 25, 12:30 AM
May 2021
No, but I think a retelling could be interesting.
Join my food club. The Ramen Shop
Mar 25, 12:44 AM
Dec 2015
No need for a remake. Just OVAs covering Volume 1 and final volume's Poltergeist Stories as standalone episodes.
Mar 25, 1:07 AM
Feb 2021
It’s perfect as it is, it doesn’t needs a remake
Mar 25, 6:42 AM
Jul 2023
while there are some moments that don't age well, the animation and overall story hold up. some anime today don't even have the level of animation YYH had in the 90s. it doesn't need to be remade
Mar 25, 11:34 AM
Jul 2022
I just want yu yu hakusho to be recognised
Mar 25, 11:36 AM
Jan 2022
axomcnugget said:

I agree with you about this. It's a masterpiece
Mar 25, 12:03 PM

Nov 2019
No. Dont remake any anime that is finished like I mean if the people want it, but I think the original was just fine.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 25, 3:05 PM
Sep 2015
Don’t mess with perfection. There’s so many other anime that didn’t adapt the whole of their manga that could be remade/rebooted instead.
Mar 25, 3:40 PM

Jul 2019
No, it's good the way it is, VERY GOOD tbh.
                                                        "𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒..."

Mar 25, 4:43 PM
Mar 2022
Everything about the 90s version is perfect both the sub and dub is phenomenal, the character designs and outfits are perfect as well. I got my girlfriend to watch and she absolutely loved it!!!
Mar 25, 4:46 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah and lets remake the Mona Lisa, while we're at it.

*sigh* Can't we just let stuff be....
There's enough cool stuff coming out, each and every season, you know.
It's not needed. Let it age in peace.

EDIT: Lowkey thinking OP watched the first 4 Episodes and was like: "Geez...this is ugly" 😂
Mar 25, 5:32 PM

Jun 2019
You can ask any person on why they like Yu Yu Hakusho and an expected answer might be something along the lines of it has that "90s charm". Every part of its package just oozes and reminds you of what time it came out in. The most striking feature being of course that it used cels. While I'm not saying it's using this as a crutch to stand out against newer anime, stripping away that aspect does take away a chunk of its appeal.
SoapMar 25, 5:37 PM
Mar 26, 6:11 AM

Jan 2021
While a remake isn’t necessary, I do think that if YYH got an adaptation closer to the manga with animation from a top-notch studio, it would be a stand-out for that anime season.
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Mar 27, 2:53 PM
Apr 2022
I'd love this, but I only want this to happen once Togashi is done with Hunter x Hunter. Because I want this anime to change some things and the list follows
- The Spirit Detective Saga needs kind of a rework (like sure I love it, you probably love it but it feels too less like an action shounen, now don't get me wrong, I love the beginning of this saga but I had a friend who was watching the series with me and he dropped it because "it's kinda like Doraemon" he also said that he felt sleepy watching becuz it gave him nostalgia, I'm pretty sure he was trying to not offend me and was saying this shit for kids in the nicest was possible. Besides that there are also the whole Suzaku mansion shit which could've been shortened like I still remember that nightmare where I had to see The gang fight the fricking furry for four episodes but I loved the final part of this saga, tarukani's Mansion was one of my most favorite part of the series)
- the end of chapter black needs either a rework or a more explained interpretation (now imo the end of Chapter black was completely genius, without spoiling i think the dissatisfaction of the viewers was supposed to be there so we could understand Yusuke's situation more deeply. I noticed that, you noticed that but your average Jimmy won't, so interpret that into the series)
- A Complete rework of the Three Kings Arc (It was all going well until 101 or so now Ik Togashi was tired of the series and just wanted to end it that's why he rushed but c'mon guys the start was so good, the backstory of our beloved characters was so good. All I'm asking for is a coordinated peak and conclusion to this saga and Yu Yu Hakusho, srsly tho the start of this saga is there, the Blueprint is there, you just need to polish it and come up with some new ideas)

And ofc I'm way too biased about this show, c'mon this is my first big shounen series that I watched and I loved it, it's a 10/10 for me but there are flaws and these were all the flaws I could've thought about so if we get this solved then we all will be happy. Heck screw all this just make a new version of the Three Kings Arc just like what bleach did.
Mar 27, 2:55 PM
Apr 2022
axomcnugget said:

It is. It's just that it's a 90s anime so there are a lot of quarantine anime fans or fake anime fans who always come with the shitty reason "um why would I watch low quality animation when there are shows like Demon Slayer 🤓"
Mar 27, 2:57 PM
Apr 2022
Natsu_20_ said:
I'd love this, but I only want this to happen once Togashi is done with Hunter x Hunter. Because I want this anime to change some things and the list follows
- The Spirit Detective Saga needs kind of a rework (like sure I love it, you probably love it but it feels too less like an action shounen, now don't get me wrong, I love the beginning of this saga but I had a friend who was watching the series with me and he dropped it because "it's kinda like Doraemon" he also said that he felt sleepy watching becuz it gave him nostalgia, I'm pretty sure he was trying to not offend me and was saying this shit for kids in the nicest was possible. Besides that there are also the whole Suzaku mansion shit which could've been shortened like I still remember that nightmare where I had to see The gang fight the fricking furry for four episodes but I loved the final part of this saga, tarukani's Mansion was one of my most favorite part of the series)
- the end of chapter black needs either a rework or a more explained interpretation (now imo the end of Chapter black was completely genius, without spoiling i think the dissatisfaction of the viewers was supposed to be there so we could understand Yusuke's situation more deeply. I noticed that, you noticed that but your average Jimmy won't, so interpret that into the series)
- A Complete rework of the Three Kings Arc (It was all going well until 101 or so now Ik Togashi was tired of the series and just wanted to end it that's why he rushed but c'mon guys the start was so good, the backstory of our beloved characters was so good. All I'm asking for is a coordinated peak and conclusion to this saga and Yu Yu Hakusho, srsly tho the start of this saga is there, the Blueprint is there, you just need to polish it and come up with some new ideas)

And ofc I'm way too biased about this show, c'mon this is my first big shounen series that I watched and I loved it, it's a 10/10 for me but there are flaws and these were all the flaws I could've thought about so if we get this solved then we all will be happy. Heck screw all this just make a new version of the Three Kings Arc just like what bleach did.

but tbh this is a masterpiece and peak fiction so it doesn't matter if they just keep it as it is, just like how old hags say it "why fix it if it's not broken"
Apr 25, 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
I finally gave this wonderful anime a try not that long ago and no, it doesn't need a remake. It holds up well, be it when it comes to visuals, music, direction, animation or dubbing.
Apr 25, 4:53 PM

Mar 2021
I don't feel the need to create a remake.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode 100 Discussion

Kaizoku-Ou - Jan 27, 2009

45 by Xeehad »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 98 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

28 by Xeehad »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

17 by Xeehad »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 34 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

23 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 91 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 27, 2010

49 by Xeehad »»
Yesterday, 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.