Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 22, 9:58 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
This is just my fantasy. If you want you can also call it an Illusion.
But
Can you imagine it? A 24 ep season 3
With only 5 Arcs to Adapt

And the Final 3 parter arc be adapted as 3 1hr movie Kizumonogatari Style

Would you want that?
Id want that

Mar 22, 10:29 AM
Sep 2022
I do love Kizumonogatari and I do hope they continue the anime for Magical Index so I think it would be a very cool idea
Mar 22, 11:05 AM

Jan 2021
The Toaru community has been screaming and hoping to get a movie Trilogy of Vol 9,10 Othinus arc...
But remember JC doesn't care for index so ig atleast we get Railgun F with great animation as Railgun goes crazy in later parts of manga!
Mar 22, 11:10 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Reply to Imagine_Breakr
The Toaru community has been screaming and hoping to get a movie Trilogy of Vol 9,10 Othinus arc...
But remember JC doesn't care for index so ig atleast we get Railgun F with great animation as Railgun goes crazy in later parts of manga!
@Imagine_Breakr
tho i know with about as surely as i can, there wont be a movie for othinus arc (havent read the LNs so pls dont accidentally spoil me). I still believe in JC staff. When they really want to, they really can capture the essence of Toaru.

I just hope we get some news this anniversary. I beg for it (>o<)

Mar 22, 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
too bad we got this instead
Mar 22, 11:11 AM

Jul 2011
3 movies just sounds like too many. Either do 2 or just 1.
Mar 22, 11:22 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Reply to animedude1287
3 movies just sounds like too many. Either do 2 or just 1.
@animedude1287 having a single anime movie would give us a more rushed adaptation than what we got currently

we got 9 eps, i.e. 3hrs 45mins content

dividing it into 3 we get 1hr 15 mins

assuming the purpose of the separation of parts is to elaborate on what was rushed, if u add 30 mins (so even just a single more episode worth of time to slow things down), u get a chonky 1hr 45 mins movie. The Usual Runtime for Anime movies. Id want it to add about an hr worth of time to really bring together all the plot threads it just glosses over into the focus.

so i think 3 movies would be just enough for it to not get stale or slow.

Kizu was kinda bloated ngl cuz it was adapting just from a single volume, but since the final arc here covers 3 volumes, 3 movies sounded better

also sorry for throwing a wall of text at you have a good day

Mar 22, 11:46 AM

Jul 2015
The main issue with Index 3 was it being RUSHED and as a result it was nothing more than incoherent clusterfcuk, where random shit just happens for no reason and without sny explanation. Making it a movie with it's own pacing would definetely yield better results.

Mar 22, 12:13 PM

Jan 2021
BerriesSan said:
@animedude1287 having a single anime movie would give us a more rushed adaptation than what we got currently

assuming the purpose of the separation of parts is to elaborate on what was rushed, if u add 30 mins (so even just a single more episode worth of time to slow things down), u get a chonky 1hr 45 mins movie. The Usual Runtime for Anime movies. Id want it to add about an hr worth of time to really bring together all the plot threads it just glosses over into the focus.

Kizu was kinda bloated ngl cuz it was adapting just from a single volume, but since the final arc here covers 3 volumes, 3 movies sounded better

ik ik Kizu was really amazing but remember that Toaru series is science and theory heavy
Capturing basic storyline itself is a hassle for studios,
going into character personality and monologues is almost impossible ( loses the main theme of the novel )
Ex look at COTE anime is okish but it's crap in terms of showing Kiyotaka Ayanakōji as a character which just misses the central theme of the novel...
anime Ayanakōji is Emoboi with 0 emotions trying to flex always
but him in LN he's goodyaf fun and strategic (not cold again) trying to learn what emotions are just like Neuvillette from GenshinImpact

No spoilers but if NT is adapted I'll be happy that i get to see new characters animated and Openings
IF there's an NT anime it will score less than Index3 😂
bcz only reading LN can grasp the emotions

If u don't read LN i highly recommend it
Srsly its the best thing ive read
But it's a heavy read unlike other Romance/ novels like COTE

Btw if anyone's already read Monogatari Novels
How's it compared to the Anime counterpart?!
Mar 22, 1:06 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Reply to Imagine_Breakr
BerriesSan said:

ik ik Kizu was really amazing but remember that Toaru series is science and theory heavy
Capturing basic storyline itself is a hassle for studios,
going into character personality and monologues is almost impossible ( loses the main theme of the novel )
Ex look at COTE anime is okish but it's crap in terms of showing Kiyotaka Ayanakōji as a character which just misses the central theme of the novel...
anime Ayanakōji is Emoboi with 0 emotions trying to flex always
but him in LN he's goodyaf fun and strategic (not cold again) trying to learn what emotions are just like Neuvillette from GenshinImpact

No spoilers but if NT is adapted I'll be happy that i get to see new characters animated and Openings
IF there's an NT anime it will score less than Index3 😂
bcz only reading LN can grasp the emotions

If u don't read LN i highly recommend it
Srsly its the best thing ive read
But it's a heavy read unlike other Romance/ novels like COTE

Btw if anyone's already read Monogatari Novels
How's it compared to the Anime counterpart?!
@Imagine_Breakr
the monogatari novels are a different experience from the anime, but in all honesty its a more concentrated version of the anime. As good as the monogatari anime adaptation is, i think its a work that already shines its brightest as a novel.

also, i read like 3 books from toaru OT, the battle royale arc and british halloween arc, and from what i concluded, Toaru to me shines its best as an anime. Instead of a wordy explanation on every action every character takes, i feel it comes off better from just showing it. Not saying exposition isnt important, but i feel theres a real art to just the precise amount of exposition that the show stays fast yet engaging and entertaining.

Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Nov 2019
even as a hypothetical question...

The second novel of WWII arc simply won't translate into movie nicely with all that exposition.

Originally I believe 12-13 episodes would have been perfect for this arc. Quick pace while slowing down on the emotional moments is the key.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

» I like how mistreated those Anime girls are lol

KhoaVN - Dec 2, 2023

8 by KhoaVN »»
Dec 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.