Forum Settings
Forums

Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

New
Mar 21, 9:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Production company Shochiku opened an official website for an anime movie adaptation of Yoshiko Shikimura's Ganbatte Ikimasshoi (Give it All) novel on Thursday. The website revealed the main cast, staff, teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser trailer. The anime is scheduled to open in Japanese theaters on October 25.

Cast
Etsuko Murakami: Sora Amamiya (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Hime Saeki: Miku Itou (Shiroi Suna no Aquatope)
Rina Takahashi: Rie Takahashi (Yuru Camp△)
Taeko Hyoudou: Akari Kitou (Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e)
Mayumi Imoto: Ikumi Hasegawa (Bocchi the Rock!)

Staff
Director: Yuuhei Sakuragi (Ingress the Animation, Ashita Sekai ga Owaru toshitemo)
Script: Yuuhei Sakuragi, Keiichirou Oochi (Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken, 5-toubun no Hanayome)
Character design: Asako Nishida (Houseki no Kuni, Love Live! School Idol Project)
Studio: Studio Moe, Reirs
Cooperation: Matsuyama City
Distribution: Shochiku

Magazine House published Shikimura's sports novel in July 1996. A new paperback edition by Gentosha under their Gentosha Bunko imprint was released in June 2005.

Ganbatte Ikimasshoi received a live-action movie adaptation in 1998 and a 10-episode live-action drama series that aired on Fuji TV in 2005.

Synopsis
Set in Matsuyama City, Ehime, the movie depicts the growth and life-sized fluctuations of the hearts of high school girls who devoted their youth to the rowing club. (Source: Official Site, translated)

Teaser Trailer

Official site: https://sh-anime.shochiku.co.jp/ganbatte-anime
Official X (Twitter): @ganbatte_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Ganbatte Ikimasshoi on MAL
DatRandomDudeMar 21, 9:42 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 21, 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
Eh, I thought this movie was an adaptation of the current series by the Hibike's author, which is also dedicated to the school club of this sport.
Mar 21, 11:40 AM

Jul 2021
A rowing anime? That sounds so boring that it actually comes back around to interesting.

But I don't know if using 3D CG to depict rowing is a good idea... It's a dull sport to look at, with simple, repetitive motion and the boats gliding across the water. How are they going to make this look fun, other than constantly swinging the camera around?

EDIT: I now realize this is a movie, not a TV series... That might make things easier.
Mar 21, 12:53 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to perseii
A rowing anime? That sounds so boring that it actually comes back around to interesting.

But I don't know if using 3D CG to depict rowing is a good idea... It's a dull sport to look at, with simple, repetitive motion and the boats gliding across the water. How are they going to make this look fun, other than constantly swinging the camera around?

EDIT: I now realize this is a movie, not a TV series... That might make things easier.
@perseii Most likely, plot-wise we will get a show about nakama-like teamwork and a serious all-female SoL. The rest depends on intentions.
Mar 24, 12:21 AM

Oct 2017
Definitely interested in this.
Mar 28, 4:49 PM

Mar 2021
To be clear, I thought it was a curious thing to go to the trouble of making an anime version of a work that was supposedly not popular in either the live-action movie or the drama series.

I'm sure it will be shown in a movie theater near me, but I doubt I'll go to see it.

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
59 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.