Forum Settings
Forums

Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

New
Mar 18, 3:55 PM
News Team
Aug 2019

Musicians Sayuri and vocal unit Misekai's Amaarashi announced their marriage on their respective X (formerly Twitter) accounts on Monday.

"To all the important people who have taken care of me, I apologize for the personal nature of this announcement, but I would like to inform you that I married Amaarashi from Misekai on March 18," Sayuri posted. "It was the first time I felt reassured looking someone in the eyes. The warmth was irreplaceable to me, and I felt like I had touched one of the beautiful possibilities hidden in this world. That realization led me to the choice of marriage, and I proposed to him. My spouse is cheerful, strong-willed, and honest about music. I will live each day courteously and bravely so that I can continue to grow as an artist and as a person. Thank you for your continued support!" Sayuri said in her handwritten post.

"She proposed to me with a look on her face like the final MC of a last one-man show. Before we are a couple, I hope I can understand and support her as someone who loves her music," Amaarashi said in his handwritten post.

Sayuri is a musician, singer, and songwriter who started composing music during her second year of middle school, inspired by the band Kanjani Eight. In 2012, she was awarded the Grand Prix at the finals of the 5th Music Revolution and began her career as an indie artist. Sayuri made her major debut at the age of 18 in 2015 when she held her first solo live and released her first single "Mikazuki," featured as the ending theme for the Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace (Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace) television anime.

Sayuri is notable for her ending theme performances in titles like Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased), Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season (My Hero Academia Season 4), Kuzu no Honkai (Scum's Wish), Lycoris Recoil, and Yesterday wo Utatte (Sing "Yesterday" for Me).

Amaarashi is the male vocalist and music composer of the Misekai vocal unit, alongside the female vocalist Chisa. Misekai released their first single "Aoiharu" in September 2022 and their first album "Artrium" on February 7.

Source: Music Natalie
Mar 18, 4:50 PM

Jan 2016
Both their music is very emotional and moving, they are made for each other.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Mar 19, 12:35 AM

Apr 2012
@n4ytcg She is not an idol and in this case she is not apologizing for the marriage itself, but for the personal nature of the message. In Japan, it is not customary to discuss personal life publicly. Even public displays of affection between spouses can be perceived as overly intimate behavior.
Mar 19, 3:30 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'm a fan of both artists and they make some great moving tracks! Here's to a toast of the wonderful news and I wish them happiness. Amaarashi-san's post is not the typical formal message we often see during such announcements, it's nice to see a quirky approach for a change.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 19, 4:54 AM

Mar 2014
Congrats to them both but I find it somewhat sad and weird that she has to apologize first for something that is good and joyful
RedChromeMar 19, 4:59 AM
Mar 22, 1:01 AM

Apr 2012
@n4ytcg Firstly, you rudely take my words out of context, also giving them a meaning that was not there, or speculate about my knowledge or motives based on this. Discussing your personal life and speculating about it on the local equivalent of TMZ are quite different things, don't you think? And yes, what you described in your comment primarily applies to idols whose careers are built on the image of waifu or hasubendo. Sayuri has nothing to do with this. Assuming that every artist in Japan is like this is just disrespecting her.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Catalano »»
29 minutes ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
10 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

16 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.