Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 5:51 AM
Mar 2021
Do you guys think the story would have been more interesting if Gon had died here? People often say that he's not a massively interesting MC (which I kind of agree with) and so I often wonder whether the story even needs him beyond this point and feel that this scene could have been even better if it was Gon's end. Thoughts?
Mar 14, 6:11 AM

Jul 2015
Besides the obvious "story would have ended here", the complaint about Gon is wrong. He is one of the very few protagonists, who is a sociopath, which actually gives him more depth.

Mar 14, 6:34 AM
Sep 2022
the MC died
HxH Episode 131 ending - " THE END"
Mar 14, 7:12 AM
Apr 2023
LuFFY-Itachi said:
the MC died

The episode would be called "the x end"
Mar 14, 7:14 AM
Sep 2022
0taku_K1d said:
LuFFY-Itachi said:
the MC died

The episode would be called "the x end"

yeah, so real 😂
Mar 14, 8:40 AM
Jun 2023
Would have been a better ending and we wouldn't have to suffer from a endless Hiatus
Mar 14, 8:50 AM
Dec 2015
He's basically useless now anyways. He's lost his nen and his journey to meet his father is over. Gon's entire purpose is done which is why we've shifted over to continuing Kurapika's storyline.
Mar 14, 9:08 AM
Jan 2022
So are we forgetting about the endings that the author gave a few months ago
Mar 14, 9:24 AM
Apr 2023
Anime_god00 said:

that was a theoretical ending IF HE DIED before finishing the story
Mar 14, 9:46 AM
Jan 2022
KILLUA_the_G said:
Anime_god00 said:

that was a theoretical ending IF HE DIED before finishing the story

In one of the good ending gon is alive and has grandchildren. If you want keep a possibility for a good ending you have to keep your mc alive and i also think that there is so much potential left in gon and the whole hxh world .
Mar 14, 10:11 AM
Feb 2024
Mc died Ep 131

I would actually want to see that
Mar 14, 10:28 AM
Sep 2022
I don't care about gon I was interested in kurapikas story from starting and found succession war arc very interesting but it stopped halfway 😥
Mar 14, 10:38 AM
Sep 2021
I'd question the point of the show I guess
Mar 14, 10:52 AM
Apr 2023
I'd feel so bad for Killua imagine he died right before he got there with nanika
KILLUA_the_GMar 14, 10:56 AM
Mar 14, 11:23 AM
Jan 2020
Hacker075 said:
Do you guys think the story would have been more interesting if Gon had died here? People often say that he's not a massively interesting MC (which I kind of agree with) and so I often wonder whether the story even needs him beyond this point and feel that this scene could have been even better if it was Gon's end. Thoughts?

I totally disagree that Gon’s not interesting. If people actually pay attention to all the hints throughout the series foreshadowing his irrationality, his inner “monster“ and eventual implosion, then they’d get that Gon is actually super interesting and unique amongst Shonen protagonists. It shows the dark side of being a Goku-type.

What people are really saying when they say “Gon’s not interesting” is that Gon isn’t very relatable or for some likable, which I can understand. But I feel the same way about Naruto or Eren. Neither are relatable or that likable to me, yet I still find elements of those series enjoyable. So it’s really just a matter of preference and opinion.
Mar 14, 2:11 PM
Jul 2022
Im not nerd so ill be takin forwards
Gon is pure
Killua harsh
Balanced anime either of them dies series will be done
Btw ant arc was boring to me so i was like when this boy will be much more stronger. Then He showed up with those muscles and gambled his soul even tho hes 10. So dont gamble guys. If Gon was dead there all that effort for gambling bad would be for nothing. Also hes our main gambler so yeah xd
Mar 14, 3:37 PM
Jun 2014
I haven't read the manga but when I learned that Gon lost his nen from that fight, I thought "Yeah, that makes perfect sense as his conclusion to his story." I'm over 850 episodes into One Piece and I can't help but remark on the meta elements backing Luffy's narrative. A tale of a stretchy young man who always bounces back--a fighter who gets back up again and again and again until he becomes the King. This story is written by one of the lucky few mangaka who've managed to endure the sleepless, lifespan-shortening Shounen Jump work schedule for 30 years without burning out until he completes the best-selling manga of all time. Both Luffy and Oda posessing seemingly limitless stamina and regeneration until both of them are crowned King.

Meanwhile Togashi tells us a different story--one of a bold and promising young man who ultimately couldn't rise fully to the "potential" the elders saw in him. Both Gon and Togashi burnt out, and had to redefine their goals and ambitions accordingly.

Perhaps I'm stretching the truth and casting rocks at nonsense--it's not like I've researched this theory at all. But it's an idea I relate to tremendously.
DavooMar 14, 9:27 PM
Mar 14, 9:24 PM
Apr 2023
Davoo said:
I haven't read the manga but when I learned that Gon lost his nen from that fight, I thought "Yeah, that makes perfect sense as his conclusion to his story." I'm over 850 episodes into One Piece and I can't help but remark on the metanarrative backing Luffy's narrative. A tale of a stretchy young man who always bounces back--a fighter who gets back up again and again and again until he becomes the King. This story is written by one of the lucky few mangaka who've managed to endure the sleepless, lifespan-shortening work Shounen Jump work schedule for 30 years without burning out until he completes the best-selling manga of all time. Both Luffy and Oda posessing seemingly limitless stamina and regeneration until both of them are crowned King.

Meanwhile Togashi tells us a different story--one of a bold and promising young man who ultimately couldn't rise fully to the "potential" the elders saw in him. Both Gon and Togashi burnt out, and had to redefine their goals and ambitions accordingly.

Perhaps I'm stretching the truth and casting rocks at nonsense--it's not like I've researched this theory at all. But it's an idea I relate to tremendously.

people tend to subconsciously project into the stories they write so yes 100%
Mar 15, 1:09 AM
Mar 2021
Davoo said:
I haven't read the manga but when I learned that Gon lost his nen from that fight, I thought "Yeah, that makes perfect sense as his conclusion to his story." I'm over 850 episodes into One Piece and I can't help but remark on the meta elements backing Luffy's narrative. A tale of a stretchy young man who always bounces back--a fighter who gets back up again and again and again until he becomes the King. This story is written by one of the lucky few mangaka who've managed to endure the sleepless, lifespan-shortening Shounen Jump work schedule for 30 years without burning out until he completes the best-selling manga of all time. Both Luffy and Oda posessing seemingly limitless stamina and regeneration until both of them are crowned King.

Very well written. I love your perspective on this. And thanks for stating your thoughts whilst refraining from attacking other people's.
Mar 15, 4:12 AM
Feb 2023
Well since the story of Hunter X Hunter is supposedly about Gon finding his father, then no. And Killua takes a lot of chances to revive his friend, which almost is exactly opposite of the Zoldyck way. But I am sad he killed Neferpitou because they were the only one who accepted that Mereum decided to value at least one human life. 'Pitou could have been turned, but Gon just got so obsessed with the death (that wasn't) of Kite.
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
No, because HxH was never some cynical tragedy, it's meant to be a coming of age story about Gon learning to mature past his obsession with strength and finding out who he really is beyond just being Ging's son.
Mar 15, 8:34 PM
Feb 2014
if One Piece started a year earlier then HXH then HXH would have 1000+ chapters. Gon would have way more character development but we:ll never see it. I have no clue why the mangaka wouldn't just write a script for someone else to draw like Kishimoto does for Boruto. We've failed to understand Gon as his anger came out of nowhere and is a plot hole to his characterization. It's a shame, but it's a finished manga. You should treat the end as however you want it to be cause whenever see it.
Mar 16, 2:10 AM
Mar 2021
lionaloone said:
if One Piece started a year earlier then HXH then HXH would have 1000+ chapters. Gon would have way more character development but we:ll never see it. I have no clue why the mangaka wouldn't just write a script for someone else to draw like Kishimoto does for Boruto. We've failed to understand Gon as his anger came out of nowhere and is a plot hole to his characterization. It's a shame, but it's a finished manga. You should treat the end as however you want it to be cause whenever see it.

A lot of Mangaka don't like the idea of sharing their workload. You may remember that Kentaro Miura was someone who literally drove himself into the ground because of this. God rest his soul.
Mar 16, 6:41 PM
Feb 2014
Reply to Hacker075
lionaloone said:

A lot of Mangaka don't like the idea of sharing their workload. You may remember that Kentaro Miura was someone who literally drove himself into the ground because of this. God rest his soul.
@Hacker075 I hear you, most want to do the art and writing, it's just a shame he'll probably never complete it like Vagabond, Real and Nana that caught up with too. Berserk continued on, i've never done it though but I know the quality of his art was amazing and it's testament to how long he continued to draw to that level.

Mar 17, 7:49 PM
Sep 2023
Hacker075 said:

I’m a bit late to this post but 100% no. Gon’s mission to find Ging (let alone his other goals at the time i.e. avenging Kite) has meaning, it’s not something you can cast off to make the Ants more important, especially when he was so close. Plus, it would have kind of undermined the reason for his sacrifice. Gon wasn’t brought to the brink of death just because of his righteous fury, but also the cruelty of the Ants. Also, like, Pitou does not deserve to be the one to take Gon out lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

46 by Angel_crush1 »»
10 minutes ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.