Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Babanbabanban Vampire' Gets TV Anime, Live-Action Movie in 2025

New
Feb 29, 3:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

Publisher Akita Shoten announced on Thursday that a television anime adaptation and a live-action movie of Hiromasa Okujima's Babanbabanban Vampire manga are in production. The anime is scheduled to be broadcast on TV Asahi in 2025. The movie, distributed by Shochiku, will be released in the same year.

Okujima began serializing the supernatural comedy manga in Bessatsu Shounen Champion magazine in October 2021. Akita Shoten released the sixth volume last December.

Synopsis
Mori Ranmaru works as a live-in part-timer at a long-established public bathhouse. His true identity is a 450-year-old vampire. Seeking the ultimate taste of "the blood of an 18-year-old virgin," he continues to protect the virginity of 15-year-old Rihito, the only son of the bathhouse owner. However, a crisis arises as Rihito reaches puberty—he falls in love at first sight with a girl in the same class! "Rihito's virginity must be protected at all costs!! Love shall not be allowed!!" Ranmaru's desperate "Operation Virginity Loss Prevention" begins!

Official manga page: https://www.akitashoten.co.jp/comics/4253229786
Official X (Twitter): @bbbbb_vampire

Source: PR Times

Babanbabanban Vampire on MAL
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 29, 4:34 PM

Aug 2010
LOL, what? The premise grabs your attention, anyway.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 29, 4:39 PM

Nov 2015
A gay Shounen created by a male mangaka?
Sounds interesting.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 29, 7:17 PM

May 2016
This is such a ridiculous premise lmao. Definitely watching this next year
Feb 29, 10:19 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Old_School_Akira
A gay Shounen created by a male mangaka?
Sounds interesting.
@Old_School_Akira, indeed! I hope that his other great work, Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven also gets a TV anime adaptation! I like it so much! Akamatsu and Seven are so adorable pair!!

Wonderful news! Look forward to the adaptation!!
Feb 29, 10:55 PM
Jul 2016
I read a couple chapters of this story, and I thought it was decent. I did actually really enjoyed the mangaka's other series Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven. It's the perfect amount of insanity and horniness. Most BL series look feminine? and shoujo-manga-like. So the contrast of a deliquent shounen action art style and gay shit is hilarious. (Perhaps I need to read more yaoi doujinshis of shounen anime lol 😆). Also teenage boys be on some crazy hormones lmao. It's a rivals-to-lovers story lol.

Anyway, I guess I should catch back up on Babanbabanban Vampire (what a nightmare to type up lol). I always appreciate more BL anime, and this is definitely going on my PTW list.
Mar 1, 2:24 AM

Apr 2012
So, this is a story about a grown man who tries to ruin a teenage boy's relationship with a girl in order to "keep" him for himself? This sounds so problematic just from the synopsis level that I'll be really interested to see what it will be.

@Old_School_Akira In fact, this is not unusual, since many gay men love BL and many manga artists publish manga with a wider appeal in shonen magazines in order to also attract girls or gay guys who read this manga in addition to the original audience.

@erikkamirs Quite a lot of BL and all-male shoujo have shonen designs because many girls are crazy about male characters in shonen and seinen. This is also why you can find quite a few yuri or CGDCT with almost borderline shoujo designs.
Mar 1, 9:16 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to erikkamirs
I read a couple chapters of this story, and I thought it was decent. I did actually really enjoyed the mangaka's other series Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven. It's the perfect amount of insanity and horniness. Most BL series look feminine? and shoujo-manga-like. So the contrast of a deliquent shounen action art style and gay shit is hilarious. (Perhaps I need to read more yaoi doujinshis of shounen anime lol 😆). Also teenage boys be on some crazy hormones lmao. It's a rivals-to-lovers story lol.

Anyway, I guess I should catch back up on Babanbabanban Vampire (what a nightmare to type up lol). I always appreciate more BL anime, and this is definitely going on my PTW list.
@erikkamirs, I absolutely agree with you! I also like Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven, it is one of my favorites BL works! I have read tons of BL works already and like the mangaka's works so much! I hope that Dousei Yankee Akamatsu Seven will also get TV anime one day! It would be amazing!!

@RobertBobert, not a grown man, but a vampire. It is not problematic at all, like other Hiromasa's works it is amazing! About publication you are right, it is publishing in shonen magazines to attract bi guys also and it is a good tendency, I think.
MemoreMar 1, 1:00 PM

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
36 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
12 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.