Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 31, 4:31 PM

May 2021
Lil bit of backstory, i first got into City Hunter watching some spinoff movies i had on DVD and VHS, i really liked the characters, so when i heard there was a new movie coming to theaters and that the movie was gonna be the finale of the main series i thought it was the perfect opportunity to start binging City Hunter

I'm about half way thru s1, and so far it's been very very very episodic with no sign of the main plot in site, save for maybe the guys who kill *spoiler* (i assume they're the main bad guys?)

I don't really have a problem with things being episodic, the problem is that each ep. follows the exact same formular "There's a case, the case is to protect someone from harm or presumed harm, Ryo wants bras panties and boobies, he gets bonked on the head by Kaori, rinse and repeat" and it's getting extreamly repetitive

So like the title says i wanted to ask when does this biggest bad guy of the show plot start? Does s1 connect in any way to the finale or am i just gonna get burnout binging it?
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Feb 2, 1:47 AM

May 2019
It's purely episodic adventures entertainment which different chicks encounter. It may have main plotline towards the very end of second season, not really sure. I'm also bored by it so I haven't continued ever since.

Feb 2, 2:47 AM

May 2021
Reply to VivaceRex
It's purely episodic adventures entertainment which different chicks encounter. It may have main plotline towards the very end of second season, not really sure. I'm also bored by it so I haven't continued ever since.
@VivaceRex Thanks :)

Might check it out from there then
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Feb 3, 3:08 PM
Mar 2020
No Need to check it out from anywhere. It doesn’t have a main plot. It’s a episodic anime. It does contain some small arcs though, but even then the arcs are movie length, meaning they’re short.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 25, 5:02 AM
Aug 2020
Really late, but the story arc in city hunter is ryo and kaoris relationship, it kind of does progress.

More topics from this board

» Is the live action 2024 movie worth it?

Fukoku - Apr 26

1 by S4dnu »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Nov 2, 2009

17 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 26, 12:06 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 3 Discussion

aero - Sep 18, 2009

17 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 25, 3:12 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Sep 17, 2009

20 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Apr 24, 2:59 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Mar 17, 2012

11 by ANDy342 »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.